List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

The focus is on development, if you've got a group all significantly miles off in their development there's less probability of any of them coming through. We're rebuilding, there's things like this you unfortunately consider. It's a balancing act. GWS back when they entered the comp would've been considering raw prospects alongside guys with a higher floor.

I'm saying the pressure only gets heavier and heavier if you've got a group of 7 raw prospects yielding no results. Obviously don't have access to the psych reports, but they're a bunch of kids, thats what Richmond should consider a long with a lot of things, when drafting a player.

Lalor wants to be the no.1 pick the pressure is implied, he sinks or swims on his own mental fortitude. Not that I’m even worried about it as he has temperament, as do all the top 6 guys imo.

Besides you’ve just gone and tried to move some of the pressure from 6 first rounders and placed it on the shoulders of Jagga. He can probably do it but it’s completely unfair.

We’re not gws starting up, we’re a long standing club who still has premiership veterans and hopper + Taranto.

Langford looks to be a a general, flexible, all-round gun footballer - size, marking, kicking, accumulation.

I would pick him over Smith/Smilie/Draper/Reid.

I am leaning towards a O'Sullivan/Langford combo as the best outcome for our first 2 picks (Even if we have 1/2 )

O'Sullivan
Langford
Running Man - Lindsay/Travaglia (Or Both!)
Tall Forward/KP - Best Available
Best Small Forward/Mid - Berry/Dattoli/Hannaford//Alger

When was the last time you had your eq tested?
No need

Willem Dafoe Smile GIF

Gotta say Blair speaks very well for a guy who doesn't like to speak. He doesn't mince his words and gives the impression that each of our decisions have been planned for months if not years. It's funny listening to other clubs' spokespeople fumble around and try and justify their shit trades like West Coast for example and others in years gone by.

He just seems 2 steps ahead with everything and is also a good negotiator. I'm almost certain Hawthorn wouldn't have screwed us like they did West Coast if we were in the same situation. Valuable asset.

Gotta say Blair speaks very well for a guy who doesn't like to speak. He doesn't mince his words and gives the impression that each of our decisions have been planned for months if not years. It's funny listening to other clubs' spokespeople fumble around and try and justify their shit trades like West Coast for example and others in years gone by.

He just seems 2 steps ahead with everything and is also a good negotiator. I'm almost certain Hawthorn wouldn't have screwed us like they did West Coast if we were in the same situation. Valuable asset.
Yes he is a straight talker and therefore a good leader.

If Crows have an inkling that Draper will be gone at 4, do they trade down for like 11 and 20?

Looks like a pretty solid top 4 that we would get 2 of and still have 6, 10 and 18

Lalor wants to be the no.1 pick the pressure is implied, he sinks or swims on his own mental fortitude. Not that I’m even worried about it as he has temperament, as do all the top 6 guys imo.

Besides you’ve just gone and tried to move some of the pressure from 6 first rounders and placed it on the shoulders of Jagga. He can probably do it but it’s completely unfair.

We’re not gws starting up, we’re a long standing club who still has premiership veterans and hopper + Taranto.
I guess so, but GWS starting up won 2 games in their first year. They had some veterans too. We just won two with those premiership veterans and are about to refresh the list further.

The pressure will come and it's about having stable foundations. I'm questioning the foundations. Yes I'm assuming Jagga will be able to shoulder that, just based of his consistency, and instant results when he played VFL. I'm saying we need a baseline. He could fail miserably, so could any pick, but every indication from every level he played is that he adapts and he produces quickly. I think there's a value on that, particularly when he's a weapon as well. Like you said they should all have the temperament.

A lot of this game is also about selling hope, we can agree or disagree if that's a good thing or not. There's a lot of hope now, we've got 7 first rounders coming in. But how's the hope and the rational outlook when it's the end of the first year and we've won two games again, and our first rounders are a little slow to get going?

Morale is low, development is slow. It's not THE reason to pick Jagga, it's a reason for him.

It's all theoretical and makes a conversation about it difficult, because FOS could come in alongside Lalor and rip the comp open. We don't know anything, it's just assumption of form and FOS hasn't had a consistent run at it. We could also not even pick Lalor.

I think 2 things can be true.

1. Blair is a jet & speaks compellingly.

2. We need better & more frequent non-digital brick comms when it comes to laying out the map, lighting the way, explaining the speed bumps, narrating the journey & talking about the destination.

There are gonna be a fair few “when do we get there??” takes in coming seasons. And Yze can’t be left one-out as much as he was this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not personal at all. I was merely pointing out that a certain type of behaviour would make one look foolish. If you interpret that as a personal attack then you accept that you engaged in said behaviour.

Here is me getting personal for comparison. I would surprised if you made it this far into my post since it is more than two sentences long, though if you have made it this far make sure you thank your carer for me. Having to explain simple concepts and moderate your foolishness is a duty beyond the scope of her regular duties for you.

See the difference?
mate give it a rest, you used the word moron. I am so sorry for not checking all 234 pages of the post. people are dying in gaza and this is all you can do. get perspective.

Pondering the key forwards.

Goes without saying we need them, but do we really need to take 2 of the top key prospects this draft like some may think? We’re not completely void of them in the list already. The problem is they just aren’t good enough. Could we just select someone like Jonty Faull at 18/20/23/24 and look to select a number one key forward at #1 next year?

I’m not sure whether Armstrong, Shanahan or Jonty end up being #1 key options, maybe best suited to the #2 roles. Could be wrong, just some thoughts.
There are plenty of decent talls in this draft but aside from Tauru I don't see a star. I wouldn't rule out us taking Tauru at 6 if we keep it but I reckon the most likely scenario is we take J.Whitlock with one of our later picks (lol our later picks are 18-24) and go hard for Cadman next year.

With Benny going, Dimma and Peggy gone, he's clearly our most senior, important and valuable off-field person.

2. We need better & more frequent non-digital brick comms when it comes to laying out the map, lighting the way, explaining the speed bumps, narrating the journey & talking about the destination.

There are gonna be a fair few “when do we get there??” takes in coming seasons. And Yze can’t be left one-out as much as he was this year.
That won't be Blair's job, though. Comms definitely needs improvement, that's Matthews' domain isn't it? Supporting Yeezy is Livo's job.

That won't be Blair's job, though. Comms definitely needs improvement, that's Matthews' domain isn't it? Supporting Yeezy is Livo's job.
Totally, it’s not his bag, or at least hasn’t been.

Opposite of digging at Blair, but the club does need someone running interference who can remind everyone that this is all expected, healthy and gonna lead to paradise.
Benny had a difficult year & looking forward to Shane leaning into the engagement part of his role. Livo doesn’t say much, but someone should

Totally, it’s not his bag, or at least hasn’t been.

Opposite of digging at Blair, but the club does need someone running interference who can remind everyone that this is all expected, healthy and gonna lead to paradise.
Benny had a difficult year & looking forward to Shane leaning into the engagement part of his role. Livo doesn’t say much, but someone should
Yeah, we miss Balmey's ability to go on Whately or whatever and subtly but jovially tell them they're dipshits who don't know what they're talking about.

There's only one Neil Balme, though.

Is that Blair's job or more a Livo or Dunne?

Edit: looks like already been covered off

Out of interest what happened to Shane Edwards huge interest in the Scouting/draft side of things in football.

What's he doing now? is he doing something as a Recruiter anywhere at the moment?

Out of interest what happened to Shane Edwards huge interest in the Scouting/draft side of things in football.

What's he doing now? is he doing something as a Recruiter anywhere at the moment?
was on crows recruiting team last I heard, prob couple years ago tbh

Don't trade with North for 2, force them to take Tauru there, they literally have no other options to trade down with. If they have to take Tauru there then one of FOS, Smith, Draper or Langford is there at 6, thats assuming we take Lalor first pick. This also assumes that Dees don't take Armstrong at 5 which I wouldn't be surprised if they did because he won't get past Saints at 7/8.

If North take Tauru at 2 its highly likely Smith is still available at our pick 6.

Don't trade with North for 2, force them to take Tauru there, they literally have no other options to trade down with. If they have to take Tauru there then one of FOS, Smith, Draper or Langford is there at 6, thats assuming we take Lalor first pick. This also assumes that Dees don't take Armstrong at 5 which I wouldn't be surprised if they did because he won't get past Saints at 7/8.

If North take Tauru at 2 its highly likely Smith is still available at our pick 6.
getting lalor and smith without losing another first rounded would be epic.

Yep, that’ll be the concern for Norf. I think they will approach us to trade for 2, given our draft hand, rather than us having to chase them

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back