List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Been waiting for the tigs2010 video for years
Already made it in advance. Roast every one of you campaigners on the way out

Mad Fire GIF by Elgato

Agree and Cadman the most likely, but we cant bank on that, we need insurance via this draft IMO
True but we do have a few irons in the fire with Gray , Lefau & Fawcett and will likely get 1-2 more this draft
whilst none currently project to be a Riewoldt / Lynch there really are not that many gun KPF available in this draft certainly none i would see as being that quality Armstrong , Shannahan , Faull , Whitlocks all kind of look a bit Meh really but Shannahan has done well at VFL level and could be or have an impact like van Rooyen

The deciding factor on trading for pick 2 could realistically be getting a rough idea of who may go between then and 6.

If we take Lalor at 1 and Norf are forced to reach for Tauru at 2 because they can’t trade back or get more picks in then that’s a slider there.
Then Carlton take Draper/fos and Adelaide take the other one of Draper/Fos then melb could very well take Armstrong at 5 leaving Jagga to grab at 6.

Will be bloody interesting.
I’m keen for atleast 6 in the top 20 and I’ll be happy.

We just have to be in the ear of both Cadman & JUH as free agent targets in 2-3 years
We build the midfield and take some kpf and if by chance we luck out great but have to have a backup via free agent
They aren't FA's for ages. Cadman is bloody 6 years away lol

With our draft hand I like the idea of taking 4 of the best available midfielders with 1, 6, 10 & 11, then using 18, 20, 23 & 24 to target the talls and get our list better balanced for the long term future.

Outside Balta I have no real confidence in any of our currently listed talls. Lots of question marks over many of them and unlikely that more than a couple of Gibcus Miller Young Blight Gray Fawcett Lefau Ryan become long term players. With the talls on offer in the late first/early second round of this draft and our draft hand, we should go hard and bring in 2-4 options and start their development while we can.
Yep, 2 x KPP's is ok, 4 is too many

We just have to be in the ear of both Cadman & JUH as free agent targets in 2-3 years
We build the midfield and take some kpf and if by chance we luck out great but have to have a backup via free agent
No harm being in their ears from now, but IMO we're more attractive to them if they can see they will have some genuine support they can play alongside rather than being the only option.

There's some weird takes around, but this is up there.

McKerchers year was insane last year. As noobermensch stated, you are severely underrating it.

Jagga doesn't get the ball out to McKercher, McKercher averaged 6 clearances a game and is one of the cleanest clearance winners we've just about ever seen at u/18 level. A genuine 100m player from the coalface. There's nobody in this draft class, not even Draper with the same consistent ability to clear stoppage by foot at u/18 level.

McKercher also averaged 1.4 goals per game to boot.

An offensive weapon that really has no equal at all in this draft class.

He played as a forward as a bottom ager and destroyed sides, played through the middle and half back obviously at AFL level. He is probably more versatile than even Lalor and FOS, but does it differently.

I don't see why you keep mentioning the athletic profiles of Jagga, Draper and FOS and not mention McKercher who is arguably the best athlete of the 4.

A 960 Yo-Yo who's 20-30m split is in the top 0.1% of the AFL which would blow those 3 off the park, including Draper and Jagga.

He went #2 behind Reid for a reason and there's certainly not those two in this draft class imo. "Still goes top 10 this year" is a head scratcher, the implication there is there are about 5-6 ahead of him, which is crazy..... Reid, Walter and McKercher would all go #1 (easily) in this draft based on their underage years imo.

Smith/FOS and Lalor are way more comparable to Sanders and Duursma in all honesty.

Oh boy. :tearsofjoy:
1000007387.gif

Assuming we trade 6 + 18 for pick 2, here is my wish list,

1 - Lalor - told ya'll months ago, literally the most upside in this draft
2 - FOS - The masses have worn me down
10 - Armstrong - Arguably the best KPF in this crop - if not, Langford could slide IMO due to his testing
11 -Xavier Lindsay - speed and skill, picking him to slide outside the top 10 - if not, Travaglia if there but Saints super keen
20 - Hotton - Probably ambitious but we will surely see players slide that we didnt expect - if not, Ollie Hannaford
23 - Gerreyn - Reckon he could be anything this bloke and I just want him at the Tigs - if not, Jonty Faull

Looking at the players we could be missing at 6 and 18 makes me think its not worth trading for Pick 2 because unlike many others, I just dont see FOS as generational.

Is FOS better than a combo of potentially Smillie / Hynes or Reid / Berry or Langford / Ough

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's some weird takes around, but this is up there.

McKerchers year was insane last year. As noobermensch stated, you are severely underrating it.

Jagga doesn't get the ball out to McKercher, McKercher averaged 6 clearances a game and is one of the cleanest clearance winners we've just about ever seen at u/18 level. A genuine 100m player from the coalface. There's nobody in this draft class, not even Draper with the same consistent ability to clear stoppage by foot at u/18 level.

McKercher also averaged 1.4 goals per game to boot.

An offensive weapon that really has no equal at all in this draft class.

He played as a forward as a bottom ager and destroyed sides, played through the middle and half back obviously at AFL level. He is probably more versatile than even Lalor and FOS, but does it differently.

I don't see why you keep mentioning the athletic profiles of Jagga, Draper and FOS and not mention McKercher who is arguably the best athlete of the 4.

A 960 Yo-Yo who's 20-30m split is in the top 0.1% of the AFL which would blow those 3 off the park, including Draper and Jagga.

He went #2 behind Reid for a reason and there's certainly not those two in this draft class imo. "Still goes top 10 this year" is a head scratcher, the implication there is there are about 5-6 ahead of him, which is crazy..... Reid, Walter and McKercher would all go #1 (easily) in this draft based on their underage years imo.

Smith/FOS and Lalor are way more comparable to Sanders and Duursma in all honesty.

Oh boy. :tearsofjoy:
McKercher not going pick 1 this year is a weird take?

Jagga’s underage year stats are comparable to Colby’s top age year.

Colby’s bottom age year netting him 6 goals in 13 games in the Coates league.

(No way taking anything from him, just replying to your comments)

He went @ 2 behind Reid because North’s recruiting team rated him there. If Walter’s was on the open market then North would have taken him.
Mckercher also never tested at the combine last year

Teams rate players differently depending on list needs, player character and their potential.

If the dogs had pick 2 would they select McKercher or Sanders? If north didn’t get Wardlaw the year before do they go for Sanders @ pick 2?

North probably would have selected Finn O’Sullivan @ pick 2 last year if he was available.

Like I said in previous replies. With where the tigers are at, we wouldn’t go McKercher @ pick 1. Not to say he isn’t worthy, just there are players in the top end this year that suit where we currently are.

I also mentioned that I personally would have selected McKercher ahead of Watson and even Walters tbh, but thats another story.

Now kindly head back to your own board and discuss what selection would you like to add to pick 6 for pick 2. We have 23 and 24 available, cheers!

Last edited:
I am not sure I would be taking 4 talls that late, but I would be trying to get the best rates KPF earlier, whoever that may be by the Tigs.

There will be some bloody good players still available between 18-24.
Obviously we play it as it falls on the day. My thinking was more along the lines of Tauru & Armstrong likely being gone by time we get to picks 10 & 11 and I'm not sure we'd rate them above the midfielders in the top 6 to grab them at 2 or 6.

McKercher not going pick 1 this year is a weird take?

Jagga’s underage year stats are comparable to Colby’s top age year.

Colby’s bottom age year netting him 6 goals in 13 games in the Coates league.

(No way taking anything from him, just replying to your comments)

He went @ 2 behind Reid because North’s recruiting team rated him there. If Walter’s was on the open market then North would have taken him.
Mckercher also never tested at the combine last year

Teams rate players differently depending on list needs, player character and their potential.

If the dogs had pick 2 would they select McKercher or Sanders? If north didn’t get Wardlaw the year before do they go for Sanders @ pick 2?

North probably would have selected Finn O’Sullivan @ pick 2 last year if he was available.

Like I said in previous replies. With where the tigers are at, we wouldn’t go McKercher @ pick 1. Not to say he isn’t worthy, just there are players in the top end this year that suit where we currently are.

I also mentioned that I personally would have selected McKercher ahead of Watson and even Walters tbh, but that another story.

Now kindly head back to your own board and discuss what selection would you like to add to pick 6 for pick 2. We have 23 and 24 available, cheers!

McKercher did test last year. It’s not all the combine.

It’s pretty much no to all your questions. He was consensus top 3 and even higher on plenty of boards.

Assuming we trade 6 + 18 for pick 2, here is my wish list,

1 - Lalor - told ya'll months ago, literally the most upside in this draft
2 - FOS - The masses have worn me down
10 - Armstrong - Arguably the best KPF in this crop - if not, Langford could slide IMO due to his testing
11 -Xavier Lindsay - speed and skill, picking him to slide outside the top 10 - if not, Travaglia if there but Saints super keen
20 - Hotton - Probably ambitious but we will surely see players slide that we didnt expect - if not, Ollie Hannaford
23 - Gerreyn - Reckon he could be anything this bloke and I just want him at the Tigs - if not, Jonty Faull

Looking at the players we could be missing at 6 and 18 makes me think its not worth trading for Pick 2 because unlike many others, I just dont see FOS as generational.

Is FOS better than a combo of potentially Smillie / Hynes or Reid / Berry or Langford / Ough
No love for Draper at 2? Cmon man

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back