List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

I personally don’t like the idea of trading up for FOS but understand that the club and others may see it differently. I don’t like using 2023 form as the basis for drafting him early. If we used his 2024 form as a guide he’d be lucky to be selected inside the top 25. I’ll just be glad it’s not my decision, because if we overlook FOS the outcry from the fanboys will not stop.
On the flip side to that, if we do pick him and he doesn't become everything posters expect him to become,there won't be many who put their hands up and say they got it wrong.

Hey guys I come in peace

What would you guys think about us giving you Melbourne's F1 or our F1 and our F3 for your 11 this year? If you would prefer to spread your picks over 2 years rather than placing it all on one draft this could be a win-win.

The worth of 14 was deemed to be a F1 and F2; and that probably I my becomes a higher price as draft night approaches.

I do think Essendon will trade into the draft but anyone using its F1 for next year probably only gets a pick in the very late teens/ early 20s and will have to add an F2 to that most likely.

Abort pick 6 Grainger Barrass whatever the f his name is got delisted by the Dawks
The pick 6 curse continues

Luckily for us after the Ashcroft bid it becomes 7; and possibly Kako and Lombard bids make it 8/9.

Id make this offer to North

1729226283654.png

Then sit back and wait.

If it's still a no, then just before draft night id offer this

1729226332204.png

If we end up with the first 2 picks I'm going:

Pick 1 Lalor
Pick 2 Jagga Smith

Pick 3 - suck eggs Carlton

With picks 10,11,20,23 & 24 to play with.

What do people reckon about this

Pick 1 - Fos (mid)
Pick 6 - Lalor (mid)
Pick 10 - Langford (mid)
Pick 11 - Armstrong (key fwd)
Pick 18 - Hotton (mid/sml fwd)
Pick 20 - J Whitlock (key fwd)
Pick 23 - trade for someones 1st rounder 2025
Pick 24 - Hannaford (mid/sml fwd)

1, 6, 10, 11, 18, 20, 23 and 24

Swap Langford and Travaglia

I can almost guarantee Carlton will pick Draper. You can see why. He’ll be brought over with the Camporeale boys and thus he’ll feel comfortable and less chance of homesickness. He does provide a point of difference for their midfield too.
Knowing that, do we give Adelaide 11 and 18 for 4 thus keeping 6 and 10?
No point in trading up unless you are getting FOS. The draft is even after the first few.

Richmond’s General Manager-Football Talent Blair Hartley provides a summary of the Club’s incredible 2024 AFL trade period that netted the Tigers a raft of eight picks inside the top 24 at next month’s national draft .

Planning for the 2024 draft

“We were pretty keen on this draft prior to all this happening (trading out Baker, Bolton, D. Rioli) with gathering some picks from last year through the live trading and the Ivan Soldo trade, with the aim of moving ourselves up into the draft with the academy points. So, we’ve been able to do that with pick 20. But along with pick one and pick 24, which were our own picks, we’ve been able to get pick six, pick 10, pick 11, pick 20 and pick 23 as well.”

Maximising our draft hand

“As a list manager you’re always looking to position yourself in those strong drafts, which sets our club up for what ‘s next . . . It feels like it puts us in a good position leading into the trade window as well of the picks leading into the draft. And, also, we can trade picks live on the night. So, we’re pretty happy with where we’re at right now.”

The strength of this draft

“We view it as a very, very strong draft. It’s even. I think you can see the weight of what clubs have given up just to get into the draft has been solid.”

Exciting time at Tigerland

“Patience is required, but we’re really excited about what’s to come. I think a lot of people forget about the experience we currently have on our list . . . We’ve got a lot of senior experienced core guys that have been around and have been involved in a lot of success . . . We’re very excited about what’s to come. It will take time, but I think everyone understands that.”

01CaRi24MW03269.jpg

Taranto and Hopper Punt Road positivity

“We’ve had open conversations with Tim and Jacob, and they are that excited. They love Richmond and they’re excited about what’s next. They couldn’t be more excited. So, we’re looking forward to them playing a big role.”

Trading up our out

“I won’t rule out anything. We’ve just got to let the dust settle. The draft’s very even . . . everyone sees it differently, though. We’ll assess it as it comes. But we’re open to everything. If we can stagger it out, we will.”
Reading between the lines it would seem that unless we got something that was heavily in our favour we won't be trading up into the top 6. Sounds like we will hold our first 4 picks and then look at what offers some for the later picks and decide whether we trade back and/or into 2025.

If we play our cards right we could very well add a dozen top rated kids across the next 2 drafts, with at least 8 of them coming in the first round. That is a rebuild that is done right and sets us up before Tasmania start scooping up talent like GWS & Suns did

Hey guys I come in peace

What would you guys think about us giving you Melbourne's F1 or our F1 and our F3 for your 11 this year? If you would prefer to spread your picks over 2 years rather than placing it all on one draft this could be a win-win.
heck off. Give us all 3 and we'll think about it a bit before still saying no. The only picks for sale are our last 2.

I would be very happy to take Tauru at 6

Top 6 look like

Jagga, FOS, Draper, Lalor, Langford, Tauru

Happy with any 2 of those 6
Yeah I hope that’s not in order

I love Lalor and FOS so much but if we don’t get pick 2 think I’m warming to Lalor pick 1.

No chance FOS survives to pick 6 tho but Tauru is a chance if north don’t take him at 2

Reading between the lines it would seem that unless we got something that was heavily in our favour we won't be trading up into the top 6. Sounds like we will hold our first 4 picks and then look at what offers some for the later picks and decide whether we trade back and/or into 2025.

If we play our cards right we could very well add a dozen top rated kids across the next 2 drafts, with at least 8 of them coming in the first round. That is a rebuild that is done right and sets us up before Tasmania start scooping up talent like GWS & Suns did
Without having any inside knowledge, I'd say we are odds on to trade for pick 2.
I reckon it's a 90% chance to happen.

Gee the people not wanting FOS because of low production are really going to pop their clogs if the next ‘it’ selection is Tauru

I’m fine with FOS (based on underage year) but highly sceptical of taking Tauru with those numbers at pick 6

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s it Fox sports keep up the reporting of 6+23 to condition the 8 Norf fans that it’ll happen

Jack Nicholson Yes GIF
7 left now that poor 92 year old lady passed away during the trade for Clab Daniel once she heard the deal went through for pick #25 and north only had picks #2 & #62

Yeah I hope that’s not in order

I love Lalor and FOS so much but if we don’t get pick 2 think I’m warming to Lalor pick 1.

No chance FOS survives to pick 6 tho but Tauru is a chance if north don’t take him at 2

Watched some of his highlights today versus the Bushrangers where he had 34 and I can see the Dusty comparison. Only concern for me is him building a tank, but that's something that can be worked on. Power midfielders who have a strong burst of speed are the best in the game.

I don't mind that, at least it puts my mind at ease that we wouldnt give pick 6 up.

Last edited:
Is there anyway we can keep 6 and still get 2 from north?
Came up with the below this morning, while it's unlikely to happen it does allow us to keep 6, North still have a reasonable shot at Tauru, the obvious hurdles are getting Saints to trade back from 7 to 15 & 16, Giants could well be interested in getting up to 11
Start with 1, 6, 10, 11, 18, 20, 23, 24 & 76

Trade 11 & 18 for 15 16 & F2 from GWS.

Trade 15 & 16 for 7, 32 & F2 from Saints

Trade 7 & 20 for 2 & 2025 R1 from North agree not to take Tauru at 6.

1, 2, 6, 10, 23, 24, 32 & 76

Load up with midfield talent at 1, 2, 6 & 10. 23, 24 & 32 to address KPP and Ruck.

2025 would be 2 x R1 3 x R2

Puts us in strong position for next 2 drafts.

Thoughts?

Gee the people not wanting FOS because of low production are really going to pop their clogs if the next ‘it’ selection is Tauru

I’m fine with FOS (based on underage year) but highly sceptical of taking Tauru with those numbers at pick 6

I'd prefer Smith & Lalor over FOS, that's just me though. If FOS ended up at Richmond, then obviously the club sees something, and they are the experts so I'll still be happy.

Without having any inside knowledge, I'd say we are odds on to trade for pick 2.
I reckon it's a 90% chance to happen.
Not as confident that we'll do it without it being very much in our favour especially if we're needing to give up 6 to do it.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back