Pick 6 - Lalor (mid)
Pick 10 - Langford (mid)
Pick 11 - Armstrong (key fwd)
Pick 18 - Hotton (mid/sml fwd)
Pick 20 - J Whitlock (key fwd)
Pick 23 - trade for someones 1st rounder 2025
Pick 24 - Hannaford (mid/sml fwd)

1, 6, 10, 11, 18, 20, 23 and 24

Don't mind it, doubt it will fall that way.

Would love the Pick 23 to be traded for a F1 plus a 3rd rounder or something so we can have a crack at Davidson.

We can't lose either way.
We will lose if we see FOS end up with the filth. He’s going to be a very very good player. But in the end, it’s up to Blair and the recruiters to determine if the player they rate as pick 2 is going to be better than say players at 6 and 18 as a package.

What do people reckon about this

Pick 1 - Fos (mid)
Pick 6 - Lalor (mid)
Pick 10 - Langford (mid)
Pick 11 - Armstrong (key fwd)
Pick 18 - Hotton (mid/sml fwd)
Pick 20 - J Whitlock (key fwd)
Pick 23 - trade for someones 1st rounder 2025
Pick 24 - Hannaford (mid/sml fwd)

1, 6, 10, 11, 18, 20, 23 and 24
I reckon you're dreaming.

On the flip side to that, if we do pick him and he doesn't become everything posters expect him to become,there won't be many who put their hands up and say they got it wrong.
On the flippity-flip-flip, some of us might occasionally flog you with it when FOS becomes a star and Jagga is good but not great.

Reading between the lines it would seem that unless we got something that was heavily in our favour we won't be trading up into the top 6. Sounds like we will hold our first 4 picks and then look at what offers some for the later picks and decide whether we trade back and/or into 2025.

If we play our cards right we could very well add a dozen top rated kids across the next 2 drafts, with at least 8 of them coming in the first round. That is a rebuild that is done right and sets us up before Tasmania start scooping up talent like GWS & Suns did
Speaking of cards, Blair just called me and asked me to make double-triple-super-duper-sure you come to my poker night.

Came up with the below this morning, while it's unlikely to happen it does allow us to keep 6, North still have a reasonable shot at Tauru, the obvious hurdles are getting Saints to trade back from 7 to 15 & 16, Giants could well be interested in getting up to 11
Yeah, you're dreaming.

Not as confident that we'll do it without it being very much in our favour especially if we're needing to give up 6 to do it.
I don't think they see it as 6 vs 2 - more likely they see it as FOS vs Langford/Smilie.

They also have to think about player retention and pairing FOS and Lalor together will be another Rowell/Anderson situation where they stay together likely their entire careers.

I think North would end up accepting 6 and 18 for pick 2. It means they don't reach for Tauru and they still have another selection on the first night.

Makes sense to me.

On the flippity-flip-flip
People never think about the flippity flip flip and just the negative scenario.
Imagine if we don't trade up to pick 2 and FOS turns into one of the best players in the comp. Everyone saying "let's not trade up to pick 2 and just hold" will do the old flippity flip flip themselves and claim we should have always done it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think they see it as 6 vs 2 - more likely they see it as FOS vs Langford/Smilie.

They also have to think about player retention and pairing FOS and Lalor together will be another Rowell/Anderson situation where they stay together likely their entire careers.

I think North would end up accepting 6 and 18 for pick 2. It means they don't reach for Tauru and they still have another selection on the first night.

Makes sense to me.

If staying together and player retention was the major selling point then
1 - Langford (Richmond man)
2 - Murphy Reid (Richmond man)
Potentially 3 - Jagga lives in Richmond but ultimately loves Collingwood and Daicos.

I’m pretty sold on Taj Hotton with any of our 10+ picks.

His form prior to ACL in 3 x games was pretty insane …

29 touches and 0.3
32 touches and 4 goals
26 touches and a goal

And I’d not touch any KPP’s with picks 1 or 6. Way too many fails in the top end of draft for KPP’s.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If staying together and player retention was the major selling point then
1 - Langford (Richmond man)
2 - Murphy Reid (Richmond man)
Potentially 3 - Jagga lives in Richmond but ultimately loves Collingwood and Daicos.
Being a supporter of a club doesn't guarantee retention (it definitely helps) but being able to start and take the journey with one of your best mates would be massive.

Or the far more realistic scenario, the above will never happen for 1 reason.

RICH - Lalor
NM - FOS
CARL - Jagga
ADE - Draper
Melb - Langford
RICH - ?
There are so many options still available at this point
1. Select which of the players we want that are left in that tier Tauru , Armstrong , Smillie , Draper , Reid

2nd Option is if There are no players left we rank at that Tier and happy to move down
Trade #6 to GWS who are looking to move up #15 , #16 , #21 then that also allows to trade #15 & #16 in to furture 1st rounders if we decide to load up for 2025

Having so many picks pick #6 allows us to milk it multiple times accumulating multiple F1's

Lots of talk that tigers will take Lalor and FOS if they have pick 1 and 2.

I see Jagga as your next Cotchin like captain. I’d be shocked if you didn’t select him. Thoughts?
Prepare to be shocked
its FOS / Lalor if we have 1 & 2

I reckon you're dreaming.

On the flippity-flip-flip, some of us might occasionally flog you with it when FOS becomes a star and Jagga is good but not great.
[/QUOTE]
Hope the kid does become a star, but nothing is guaranteed
Speaking of cards, Blair just called me and asked me to make double-triple-super-duper-sure you come to my poker night.
Reckon you'd be an easy mark, you find it hard to hide excitement when something 'great' is in front of you.
Yeah, you're dreaming.
No different to everyone else on here including you.

Not as confident that we'll do it without it being very much in our favour especially if we're needing to give up 6 to do it.
Don’t think it has to be very much in our favour at all. Blair is pretty decent when it comes to trading, he’d do a fair deal which may slightly favour us, if he does it at all

People never think about the flippity flip flip and just the negative scenario.
Imagine if we don't trade up to pick 2 and FOS turns into one of the best players in the comp. Everyone saying "let's not trade up to pick 2 and just hold" will do the old flippity flip flip themselves and claim we should have always done it.
Being open minded to best and worse case scenarios is something more posters should embrace rather than just being focused on their ideal scenario happening and then melting when it doesn't.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back