List Mgmt. 2024 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Some players like Toby McLean and Menzel never get back to pre injury form as it affects the way they play and their strengths. Both still played games but it certainly affected their output. Some players like Libba aren’t as affected as their game style is not reliant on speed, leap and agility.

I have no issues with selecting players with injuries like any of the ones mentioned above but ACLs are a worry for certain types of players and in the first round. Which is why I wouldn’t spend a first on Hotton. Happy to use draft picks from any other rounds to select players who have suffered an ACL like Garcia who was a late speculative pick.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Some can fully recover from it, others don't. I know someone that lost agility after doing one which is one of Hotton's strengths. I rate him highly, but I'd now favour Hannaford over him because of the ACL risk.

Last edited:
Spent more time watching Hotton.
Never seen him live , but I hope we don’t target him.
Very messy ball user and don’t see outstanding AFL attributes in him other than he is ok overhead and maybe versatile.

Also got Berry and Hannaford's results, Hannaford's results are even better than I thought.

Joe Berry

20m Sprint - 3.03
Agility - 8.479
Running Vertical Jump - 88cm
Yo yo - 720

Going off last year, he wouldn't rate top 10 in anything. He'd go close in agility and jump though. Still an above average to good athlete overall.

Oliver Hannaford

20m Sprint - 2.90
Agility - 7.788
Running Vertical Jump - 89cm
Yo yo - 960

2nd for sprints, 1st for Agility, 11th for jump. They haven't done yo yo testing at the national combine for a while now by the look of it, but looking at his rating of 960, this is equivalent to a level 21.5 which means he would be top 10 based off 2018 and 19 results. Elite speed, elite agility and elite endurance. What an athlete!

Also got Berry and Hannaford's results, Hannaford's results are even better than I thought.

Joe Berry

20m Sprint - 3.03
Agility - 8.479
Yo yo - 720

Going off last year, he wouldn't rate top 10 in anything. He'd go close in agility and jump though. Still an above average to good athlete overall.

Oliver Hannaford

20m Sprint - 2.90
Agility - 7.788
Yo yo - 960

2nd for sprints, 1st for Agility, 11th for jump. They haven't done yo yo testing at the national combine for a while now by the look of it, but looking at his rating of 960, this is equivalent to a level 21.5 which means he would be top 10 based off 2018 and 19 results. Elite speed, elite agility and elite endurance. What an athlete!

Mate you have me now obsessed with Hannaford,
He is an AFL footballer if ever I’ve seen one.
Hotton may be the more highly regarded, but my eye tells me something different.

Think we are just out of range assuming we use Geelong’s 1st ?

Mate you have me now obsessed with Hannaford,
He is an AFL footballer if ever I’ve seen one.
Hotton may be the more highly regarded, but my eye tells me something different.

Think we are just out of range assuming we use Geelong’s 1st ?

Haha so am I.

I fear he's a top 15 pick, really hope he isn't.

Last edited:
Spent more time watching Hotton.
Never seen him live , but I hope we don’t target him.
Very messy ball user and don’t see outstanding AFL attributes in him other than he is ok overhead and maybe versatile.
What do you think of Christian Moraes?
I think they play similarly with Moraes been a little less physically developed and apparently comes from a basketball background fwiw

Joe Berry

20m Sprint - 3.03
Agility - 8.479
Yo yo - 720

Oliver Hannaford

20m Sprint - 2.90
Agility - 7.788
Yo yo - 960

First and second pick please 😜

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Joe Berry

20m Sprint - 3.03
Agility - 8.479
Yo yo - 720

Oliver Hannaford

20m Sprint - 2.90
Agility - 7.788
Yo yo - 960

Wow Hannaford is the pick for me. Fingers crossed he is available at our pick. Who are some options for pick 32?

What do you think of Christian Moraes?
I think they play similarly with Moraes been a little less physically developed and apparently comes from a basketball background fwiw

Others will have seen a lot more of him , but all the vision I’ve seen he looks a neat enough player without any outstanding attributes.
Looks 2 or 3 years off AFL. Looks a natural winger, maybe half back when he puts on some size.

Wow Hannaford is the pick for me. Fingers crossed he is available at our pick. Who are some options for pick 32?

Depends a bit on what we are looking for. I feel like we will go pretty heavily midfield to try and cover us losing some of our older guys in the next few years maybe hit some depth in the small forward department, usually you can nab good small defenders really late into the draft so could decide to wait on that.

Think the inside mids with really good hands in close like Jack Ough could attract some attention from us and Jasper Alger if still around could be decent cover for Weightman in the deeper small forward role if we haven't gone with Berry earlier.

Depends a bit on what we are looking for. I feel like we will go pretty heavily midfield to try and cover us losing some of our older guys in the next few years maybe hit some depth in the small forward department, usually you can nab good small defenders really late into the draft so could decide to wait on that.

Think the inside mids with really good hands in close like Jack Ough could attract some attention from us and Jasper Alger if still around could be decent cover for Weightman in the deeper small forward role if we haven't gone with Berry earlier.

Alger has a bit of a right footed Pendlebury vibe about him.
Not sure there is much in the way of leg speed ?

Your thoughts on Jesse Dattoli?
I’ve liked what I’ve seen myself but think he’s more mid than a small forward from the small batch of games and highlights I’ve seen

Harry Oliver, Tom Gross and Christian Moreas could be thereabouts. Maybe Dattoli too, but I think he should be gone by then. Lachie Jaques is another that gets spoken about a bit around this pick as well.

One that doesn't get spoken about much, I'm a pretty big fan of Angus Clarke. Medium defender that provides a good bit of dash from half back, but is actually quite good defensively as well. Recorded 6 one percenters against Vic Metro which tells you a bit about his defensive game and his coach rates him one on one. Has a good long kick on him and is a 70 - 80 meter player with his run and dash. Showed a lot in the national carnival and I have in my top 30.

This from his coach.

ANGUS CLARKE (Glenelg/Tenison Wods College) Defender, 17, 188cm

“Clarkey’s a country boy from Mount Gambier and has been really impressive so far this season. He’s been playing down back and has some good offence to his game, setting us up well from the back half. But he also defends really well and is pretty good in one-on-one contests. He’s a bit of a raw talent who has a lot of upside, having to travel from Mount Gambier to get up to our training sessions. He’s a very committed and professional player.’’ – Glenelg under-18s coach Ben Kane.

Last edited:
I’ve liked what I’ve seen myself but think he’s more mid than a small forward from the small batch of games and highlights I’ve seen

Agreed. Watched him live just the once, he played in the midfield and looked every bit a midfielder. I didn't rate him that highly when he was played forward. Looked strong in the contest and was able to get his hands free in the midfield. He might be able to play the Dylan Moore half forward role perhaps.

Sorry Wiz, I meant Ough 🤪
Ever since he has moved more into the midfield from half back he has been giving those shades, a bit of Cripps there too. He isn't hugely fast but isn't slow either his really good decision making makes up for it a bit though.

He is one of the Rebels boys who will move up boards with his last month or so in the NAB league especially when you consider he was born mid December and is already 194cm so might drop early to mid 20's and not get to that pick in the 30's. He is going to be one hell of a unit for an inside midfielder in any case.

Definitely view him as more of a midfielder/half forward than a natural forward like say Hannaford, Berry, Alger etc. Like Clarke and Moraes too around the range of that pick if they make it through.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back