2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Murphy Reid filled out the stat sheet very nicely in another excellent performance as he and his Sandy Dragons continue their march towards potentially another flag. When the conditions get breezy, it just allows Murphy to separate himself from the rest, showing his class and elite control of the footy. He hit targets with ease and made a couple of his goals look simple from difficult opportunities. His clearance work is worth highlighting this week, his movement and clean hands at ground level was elite and he applied defensive pressure which hasn't always been a strength.

What was so good about those highlights? Seems to turn it over a fair bit.

Nothing like him
right, well each to their own but…

Both 180cm-something mids with similar frames and with the brunette long hair and headband is one thing…

But also watching the clips just the way Reid has the sort of lackadaisical running style reminds me much of Clark, in the way Clark reminds many of Pendles. Bit of Nick Daicos too with Reid.

Mainly though, seems to get in the guts and dish out a lot of handballs, some effective, some not, similar kicking game focusing on short to mid kicks, some effective, some not.

Also has a good deal of tackling physicality in the way Clark does as well but seldom gets credit for.

Just to be clear, I’m a fan of Hunter Clark, so this is not a slight on Reid. They look of a similar ilk, like a half way between Clark and Daicos.

And lastly, both potentially going to go Pick 7 to St Kilda….

Murphy Reid filled out the stat sheet very nicely in another excellent performance as he and his Sandy Dragons continue their march towards potentially another flag. When the conditions get breezy, it just allows Murphy to separate himself from the rest, showing his class and elite control of the footy. He hit targets with ease and made a couple of his goals look simple from difficult opportunities. His clearance work is worth highlighting this week, his movement and clean hands at ground level was elite and he applied defensive pressure which hasn't always been a strength.

maybe I need to get my eyes checked but I still don't see it

Reid makes quick decisions ... he knows what he is going to do before he gets the ball .... and in most cases its the right decision and he can execute

It was very windy on the weekend and you saw with a few of those early kicks plenty of players were still adjusting .... then you see later with his 2nd goal in thr 3rd quarter how he readjusted and used the wind to nail the shot

He is a very smart player .... knows how to find it ....cool under pressure .... good agility .... strong decision making .... good skills .... with a burst of speed when required .... can lay a tackle .... has an eye for goal and he is a good mark overhead

All of those skills translate well to AFL senior football

wtf this kid looks like a monster, looks like he'd give reid a one handed wedgie. Forget about tall forwards, leave him one out in the square with bursts in the other square 70-30

Another kid who has hit top form late in the season, 6 goals in a final gets him picked a fair bit higher than he might of. Im surprised at how quick his first 5-10 metres are he is lightning, plus he plays a real physical game which we all love to see. He has kicked 19 goals in the CTL and someone suggested he was playing across half back for the bulk of the year.

Last edited:
West Coast might not even have pick 3 after trade period

Can see a draft order like:
FOS
Trainor
Smith (Richmond)
Lalor
Armstrong
Langford (Richmond)

Leaving us with 2 of Draper, Reid or Smillie
There's no way North will call the trigger at pick 2 for Trainor now he's been injured.
If anything, they're more likely to split their pick if they want him, knowing that he's a massive injury risk not many clubs would take their chances on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's no way North will call the trigger at pick 2 for Trainor now he's been injured.
If anything, they're more likely to split their pick if they want him, knowing that he's a massive injury risk not many clubs would take their chances on.
Clubs would be well aware of his history and he wouldn’t be the only one to have a concussion. But I reckon they will take FOS

North need another tall forward as much as anyone, you would think Armstrong would be in their reckoning.

A bit quicker, does he have the dual kicking of Clark?

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not dual sided as far as I know but has a bit of a unique ability to move the ball to where he wants it in less orthodox ways. Not known for his pace either but doesn't look slow or rushed. I remember Clark did his best work in tight in his draft year. Reid seems to move around the contest better and know where to be to find the ball. Clark seemed to move through heavy traffic without being touched.

He's kind of a slightly unorthodox type generally I think, That's the similarity with Clark.

wtf this kid looks like a monster, looks like he'd give reid a one handed wedgie. Forget about tall forwards, leave him one out in the square with bursts in the other square 70-30

Reminds me of Gryan Myers.

Reid makes quick decisions ... he knows what he is going to do before he gets the ball .... and in most cases its the right decision and he can execute

It was very windy on the weekend and you saw with a few of those early kicks plenty of players were still adjusting .... then you see later with his 2nd goal in thr 3rd quarter how he readjusted and used the wind to nail the shot

He is a very smart player .... knows how to find it ....cool under pressure .... good agility .... strong decision making .... good skills .... with a burst of speed when required .... can lay a tackle .... has an eye for goal and he is a good mark overhead

All of those skills translate well to AFL senior football
Lacks pace and poor/loopy disposal under pressure.
By comparison, Hunts did stuff in juniors that made your jaw drop and excells under pressure.

Lacks pace and poor/loopy disposal under pressure.
By comparison, Hunts did stuff in juniors that made your jaw drop and excells under pressure.
I see a player who moved through traffic, rarely gets tackled and puts the ball in space to his teammates advantage in Murphy Reid.

Agree. And quite likely they could even drop back as far as after our picks the way it looks. Quite possible North hold or slink back a little bit (say a Crows swap if Crows want Draper). North then take a bigger mid - Smilie, Langford, Lalor. Unless they fall in love with Armstrong.

Gee the hair looks like Myers but the game style is Toby Greene. He’s a bull, and hard in the air for a shorter fella.

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back