Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:

Last edited:
Work his ass off in the off season and preseason. Come back fitter and stronger. Start winning one on ones in training drills and match practice. Force the coaches hand.

Did Windsor or McVee wait to be given their chance, they took it.

Jvr was beating down the door in his first season and forced his way in after a big preseason.
So what the hell did Petty and Turner do to deserve spots as forwards? Nothing

Work his ass off in the off season and preseason. Come back fitter and stronger. Start winning one on ones in training drills and match practice. Force the coaches hand.
This is just Goody nonsense. Lets only give the guy a game once he starts to win one on ones in training so he can fit into a shit game plan. How about you dont heavily rely on him needing to win one on ones, use his strengths like his mobility and leaping instead of shoehorning him into a pointless Levi Casboult role.

Letting someone walk is different to cutting them is my point. We wouldnt be forcing him out the door, just not renewing a deal.
Yeah, righto 🤣

Not being forced. Just can't come back, clean out your locker.

He isn't a kayo subscription you just choose not to renew because it is the best way to protect yourself from getting sucked into watching us play.

Yeah, righto 🤣

He isn't a kayo subscription you just choose not to renew because it is the best way to protect yourself from getting sucked into watching us play.
You mean like how we haven't offered Tomlinson a deal?

This is just Goody nonsense. Lets only give the guy a game once he starts to win one on ones in training so he can fit into a shit game plan. How about you dont heavily rely on him needing to win one on ones, use his strengths like his mobility and leaping instead of shoehorning him into a pointless Levi Casboult role.
Casboult would be perfect for us. Takes a clunk, fits our geriatric age demographic we are going for and will definitely spray the ball out to the deep forward pocket even on set shots at goal. I'd say 5 years with a trigger for 4 more should get it done.

Yeah, righto 🤣

I look forward to revisiting this during the season, be sure to let me know what a difference TMac has made to getting the club back on track.

Casboult would be perfect for us. Takes a clunk, fits our geriatric age demographic we are going for and will definitely spray the ball out to the deep forward pocket even on set shots at goal. I'd say 5 years with a trigger for 4 more should get it done.
Agree, Casboult would be perfect for Goody's game plan that absolutely sucks.

Calsher Dear a pick in the 50s, as skinny and raw as all hell gets a run and makes a differece

Jefferson with 2 seasons under his belt kicking bags in the VFL can’t even get a look in to a team in 14th

Comical coaching. Let’s play a defender in every position in 2025 and see how we go. No ****en surprise we can’t score when most of our best 22 is trained to prevent scoring.

Last edited:
Does he want to be here next year? Isn't he out shopping himself around same as last year?
Still don't have a deal on the table but you're acting like not offering 32 year old 3rd tall Tmac a year would blow the club apart.

I look forward to revisiting this during the season, be sure to let me know what a difference TMac has made to getting the club back on track.
You think "not renewing his deal" would be getting us back on track?

Unless we change coach, gameplan, stop offering massive contracts, playing defenders as forwards, slow bulls in the middle, having different standards for different players and bringing in spuds from other clubs we are not changing.

Calsher Dear a pick in the 50s, as skinny and raw as all hell gets a run and makes a differece

Jefferson with 2 seasons under his belt kicking bags in the AFL can’t even get a look in to a team in 14th

Comical coaching. Let’s play a defender in every position in 2025 and see how we go. No ****en surprise we can’t score when most of our best 22 is trained to prevent scoring.
This poster gets it.

Unless we change coach, gameplan, stop offering massive contracts, playing defenders as forwards, slow bulls in the middle, having different standards for different players and bringing in spuds from other clubs we are not changing.
You do realize not offering him a deal would force Petty or Turner back right? You just slam dunked yourself son

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, I just dont think it makes any difference in the grand scheme of things. Would rather assess younger players on our list than play a guy who isnt going to be part of future plans.

Jefferson with 2 seasons under his belt kicking bags in the AFL can’t even get a look in to a team in 14th

We are at least halfway there already. Half the midfield and half the feds plus max is the best ruckman because of the way he sets up defensively.

Queue out new fwd coach being some gun ex-fullback - as long as they were one of the old school types who only spoiled it and were never allowed to kick it.

I know there is doubts on Jeffo but I'm really surprised that we didn't give him a run this year. His vfl form was actually really solid in the second half of the season, what did we have to lose by playing him?
We didn't admit we couldn't win the flag till like round 22.

I know there is doubts on Jeffo but I'm really surprised that we didn't give him a run this year. His vfl form was actually really solid in the second half of the season, what did we have to lose by playing him?
Gutless coach who is too busy playing favourites. Like Mich said re: Dear. Hawks arent afraid of playing guys who arent physically developed, they can still find ways to utilise the strengths he has. Stuff like that isnt part of the Melbourne mindset 🧠

Watch him crack the shits and Lamb let him go for a F4th because Lamb is a good bloke who knows how to get deals done and doesn’t need to win every trade. 👍👍👍

No, I just dont think it makes any difference in the grand scheme of things. Would rather assess younger players on our list than play a guy who isnt going to be part of future plans.
My thinking is that if they didn't resign him that we would just fill his spot with some 30yr old reject from another club. They don't want to get younger and with no one good being attracted to the club we still need to hit 95% of cap next year - lot of cash coming off the books this year.

We don't have anyone to replace him because pretty much all our listed defenders are playing in other parts of the field.

Finishing bottom 4 next year playing a bunch of kids who are not ready or not up to AFL standard isn't going to attract any talent either. We are so ****ed. I just hope we go to the draft this year.

We resigned TMac because our recruitment is trash and Lamb doesn’t know how to find and lure anyone remotely better. It’s a common thread with the bloke, minimise list turn over as much as possible = less work.

While I like Tmac the list spot would be better spent on a young developing KPD. We need to cull everyone we don’t see as being part of our next premiership team bar a few old heads to lend experience.

Finishing bottom 4 next year playing a bunch of kids who are not ready or not up to AFL standard isn't going to attract any talent either.
It would be the best thing for the club, a massive clean out and a new direction. A different coach with an attacking philosophy could easily be sold to free agents. No one wants to come here because we are a mess off field and play the most boring football imanginebale . Both those things can change if we are ass next year.

My thinking is that if they didn't resign him that we would just fill his spot with some 30yr old reject from another club. They don't want to get younger and with no one good being attracted to the club we still need to hit 95% of cap next year - lot of cash coming off the books this year.

We don't have anyone to replace him because pretty much all our listed defenders are playing in other parts of the field.

Finishing bottom 4 next year playing a bunch of kids who are not ready or not up to AFL standard isn't going to attract any talent either. We are so ****ed. I just hope we go to the draft this year.
So we should play a stack of vets and finish bottom 4 and make the rebuild even worse? Your logic is all over the place

You do realize not offering him a deal would force Petty or Turner back right? You just slam dunked yourself son
Ha, you think that would force the hand of our stubborn coach? He would just have green lighted spending picks on some has-been defender instead.

I'd let TMac walk and trade out May for a 2nd rounder if it would force the coaches hand to send Petty back to defense and play a more attacking game style but it won't happen.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Ah-Mu? Not For You ❌️

Remove this Banner Ad

Back