Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:

Last edited:
Ha, you think that would force the hand of our stubborn coach? He would just have green lighted spending picks on some has-been defender instead.

I'd let TMac walk and trade out May for a 2nd rounder if it would force the coaches hand to send Petty back to defense and play a more attacking game style but it won't happen.

He can’t spend picks if we are such a rabble that no player will come to us

Ha, you think that would force the hand of our stubborn coach? He would just have green lighted spending picks on some has-been defender instead.

I'd let TMac walk and trade out May for a 2nd rounder if it would force the coaches hand to send Petty back to defense and play a more attacking game style but it won't happen.
So rather than try and change we just accept being the boring shit 15th team again? I like Melk and Tmac deserves a year, but there's no actual good reason for either of them to play for us next year.

I know there is doubts on Jeffo but I'm really surprised that we didn't give him a run this year. His vfl form was actually really solid in the second half of the season, what did we have to lose by playing him?
We should have given him a taste so he could go into the off season knowing how much fitter and stronger he needed to get. Short sighted, protect your job coaching.

Just the same as playing Bedford as sub every game until he cracked the shits and left, then repeating with Jordan.

Even Fullarton should have got a run. So what if he can't win a tap or crash a pack. He was getting plenty of possessions, some clearance/tackles and hitting the scoreboard. Trying to make him something he is not.

So rather than try and change we just accept being the boring shit 15th team again? I like Melk and Tmac deserves a year, but there's no actual good reason for either of them to play for us next year.
Change by getting rid of hunter and other list cloggers. Then trade Oliver for draft picks. Keep Melk and TMac for training standards and help bringing those kids through faster. Can't cut them all in one year but between this year and next we still end up turning over 35-40% of our list.

Change by getting rid of hunter and other list cloggers. Then trade Oliver for draft picks. Keep Melk and TMac for training standards and help bringing those kids through faster. Can't cut them all in one year but between this year and next we still end up turning over 35-40% of our list.
Keeping players for training standards give it a rest theres 10 coaches at the everyday surly that’s there job.

Getting rid of blokes who aren't in the team isn't making proper changes.

No, I'm saying there is no point getting rid of players like TMac if they are just going to bring in some other vet from another team to replace them.
Who says they are? You're justifying one bad decision with a hypothetical. No one wants to come to us anyway

Oliver was in the team and Hunter would have been if not injured. Proper changes would be coach and gameplan.
By your logic we would just trade the Oliver picks for old players so why even bother

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mostly agree, though I still think there might be something there with Turner as a forward. Has a bit of presence about him, he's athletic, has a good attitude for a KPF (campaigner) and has a good kick on him.

I don't mind if we persist with him for a bit. Petty on the other hand should never go near the forward line again. And agree we need to see Jefferson – have him and Turner battle it out over preseason for the second tall role.
It's not like Turner was a gun backman either. He was ok. And he basically plays the same role as Lever. He's too small to take on the big boys, and not nimble enough to take on the smalls. So it makes sense to try him as a roaming high half forward.

Petty on the other hand is a disaster forward and needs to exit immediately. This 2 or 3 tall forward BS has got to stop. I'd honestly rather we played May forward than Petty if that's the approach Goody is gonna stick with. Petty is a proven quality defender who can take the big boys. He's done one tenth of f* all in the F50 besides maybe a couple of decent games. Jeffe at least can get on his bike and move. Have to get games into him asap. I like the idea of JVR in the F50 with a bunch of mobile forwards like Trac, Fritta, Koz and Turner/Jeffe. Maybe moving Petty back will give TMac and a crack at the relief ruck role which in turn means JVR doesn't have to ruck.

Murphy Reid filled out the stat sheet very nicely in another excellent performance as he and his Sandy Dragons continue their march towards potentially another flag. When the conditions get breezy, it just allows Murphy to separate himself from the rest, showing his class and elite control of the footy. He hit targets with ease and made a couple of his goals look simple from difficult opportunities. His clearance work is worth highlighting this week, his movement and clean hands at ground level was elite and he applied defensive pressure which hasn't always been a strength.

Murphy Reid filled out the stat sheet very nicely in another excellent performance as he and his Sandy Dragons continue their march towards potentially another flag. When the conditions get breezy, it just allows Murphy to separate himself from the rest, showing his class and elite control of the footy. He hit targets with ease and made a couple of his goals look simple from difficult opportunities. His clearance work is worth highlighting this week, his movement and clean hands at ground level was elite and he applied defensive pressure which hasn't always been a strength.

This kid looks great.

What's his best player comparison? A Zach Merrett type?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

This kid looks great.

What's his best player comparison? A Zach Merrett type?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I guess so. He also does the sideways shuffle into a pocket of space like Pendles. Is very classy and poised, but only 180cm and not crazy athletic. I'm sure he would tell you that he's a midfielder, but I expect he'll start AFL life as a forward flanker or winger.

It'll be Tim Membrey, Bailey Williams and some cheapo mid like Alex Davies from GC

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Ah-Mu? Not For You ❌️

Remove this Banner Ad

Back