Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:

Last edited:
The pillars of our list build and game plan when Todd Viney came in and Roos took over prioritised contest, defence and competitiveness. Goody maybe iterated it but the foundations were set pre stand rule and the AFL influencing the game for “higher scoring”. In 2024 it was time to adapt or die. Chris Scott binned chip mark after 2021. Goody reverted and is dieing on the hill with an outdated brand. I think it comes back to trying to maximise the impact of Gawn, May, Lever who prefer the ball on their head.

We’ve got some horrible kicks on the list but we also haven’t trained and prioritised risky transition enough. We need to value foot skills and decision making in our next wave of recruits (Windsor, good start) and keep trying to play a style that requires more risk taking by foot as a way to open up space inside F50 and get better looks at goal before defences can set up. To your point, with this idea you don’t need Jason Dunstall at FF kicking 60+ a season.
This, I totally agree, KLTH.
------------------------------------

All in all, agreed with most, but all recruits have to have a mindset of aggression and attack the contest... to create spillages and free ball around our F50.

I would say don't draft any like fritta. Leave those types to the Ports, Crows and Footescrays of our world.

Casboult would be perfect for us. Takes a clunk, fits our geriatric age demographic we are going for and will definitely spray the ball out to the deep forward pocket even on set shots at goal. I'd say 5 years with a trigger for 4 more should get it done.
Yes but his spraying issue is perfect chaos ball. As long as its away from the growing pack of talls.

His clunking 'high out', is just what we need.

This thread is getting so funny.

So many melts over Tim Lamb hypothetically trading in people like Membrey. Last I checked no one had actually nominated us, nor is it trade week and completed trades have been done.

Sorry TK and Austin Powers, I think you are off the mark on Melky and TMac. Both are good clubmen (which we have few of) and both would be expected to be depth at best for next year. As others have said, we have to have someone on the list, why not the devil you know rather than some spuds from another team. I would expect (if Goody isn't moronic) that preseason form will see people like Petty starting back and Jefferson starting forward, over the two fossils (again, if Goody isn't moronic).

This thread is getting so funny.

So many melts over Tim Lamb hypothetically trading in people like Membrey. Last I checked no one had actually nominated us, nor is it trade week and completed trades have been done.

Sorry TK and Austin Powers, I think you are off the mark on Melky and TMac. Both are good clubmen (which we have few of) and both would be expected to be depth at best for next year. As others have said, we have to have someone on the list, why not the devil you know rather than some spuds from another team. I would expect (if Goody isn't moronic) that preseason form will see people like Petty starting back and Jefferson starting forward, over the two fossils (again, if Goody isn't moronic).

Lamb hates list turnover because it means more work for him so the bloke does anything possible to minimise it happening (long contracts, extra years for old timers).

Why bother wining and dining free agents and pitching to there family when you can simply extend a dinosaur by a few years?

Players gone:
ANB
Brayshaw
Brown
Farris-white
Schache
Smith

Likely gone, should be gone or shopping around:
Thommo
Laurie
Hunter
Sestan

How many list spots do you want in 1 year?
Exactly right - there’s only so many players you can replace without just committing to more list cloggers.

One player I think is worth considering is Seb Ross with a late pick.

Just been delisted by saints but is the perfect Dunstan replacement. Would not play any senior games, but would really help the VFL side as a gun inside mid that the kids can develop around.

Exactly right - there’s only so many players you can replace without just committing to more list cloggers.

One player I think is worth considering is Seb Ross with a late pick.

Just been delisted by saints but is the perfect Dunstan replacement. Would not play any senior games, but would really help the VFL side as a gun inside mid that the kids can develop around.

Would rather late draft players in the draft who are young with potential over dinosaurs who won’t be around for our next flag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would rather late draft players in the draft who are young with potential over dinosaurs who won’t be around for our next flag.
On field though it has to be a bit of both. I recall vividly when Melbourne had the genius idea of filling the entire list with young players. Worked out sensationally

On field though it has to be a bit of both. I recall vividly when Melbourne had the genius idea of filling the entire list with young players. Worked out sensationally

We already have plenty of senior players. Gawn, Viney, Trac, May, Salem, Lever, Fritsch, Oliver, Langdon ect

Adding Tmac and Melksham is just robbing some juniors of experience or a list spot.

We already have plenty of senior players. Gawn, Viney, Trac, May, Salem, Lever, Fritsch, Oliver, Langdon ect

Adding Tmac and Melksham is just robbing some juniors of experience or a list spot.
Well hopefully the stay in the VFL to provide exp. to young players

If they play totally. Throwing a player not yet ready for senior footy is a good way to break them for good though.

Thanks noob.
I don't put the time in these days.

Are there any with this criteria, between P10 - 20.?
I think we need another pick in the top 16 or so... So we might be able to get a couple of small inside runners.
Xavier Lindsay if he falls outside the top 10 definitely fits that criteria, as does Joe Berry although he's more of a small forward.

Like Hawks with Calsher Dear right? Let’s keep our lads locked up at Casey for a few years like Jeffo.
This is getting silly. Dear was clearly ready. They probably have some developing players “denied” a list spot by Bruest and Gunston too?

I’m not actually disagreeing with you. I would like to see younger players get the opportunity at AFL level. We don’t yet know whether Melksham and TMac will push them out. I don’t mind the resigning of them though. If a young player is struggling and needs more time, or we cop injuries in some area, they will likely be decent stopgaps. I watched Casey a few times this year and there are big limits to what those players can offer right now.

Not going to overthink this. Tmac had a really solid year and a 1 year extension was exactly the right call for a bloke of his age. When he retires it will be nice to send off a great servant of the club and the only bloke on the list who got to live the lows of playing every week under Neeld and still managed to go on and win a flag.

Not going to overthink this. Tmac had a really solid year and a 1 year extension was exactly the right call for a bloke of his age. When he retires it will be nice to send off a great servant of the club and the only bloke on the list who got to live the lows of playing every week under Neeld and still managed to go on and win a flag.
God yes. Good point.

Also got to live some ordinary stuff pre-Neeld too, though I think he was an emergency for the Geelong disaster

Agree. Just wish he was a likeable dude, lol.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Ah-Mu? Not For You ❌️

Remove this Banner Ad

Back