Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:

Last edited:
Agree. Just wish he was a likeable dude, lol.
He’s kind of better than you would think, though yeah some pretty peculiar broader opinions.

I’ve met him a couple of times and he’s pretty good with fans. Talks to you like he is interested in your opinion (can’t possibly be the case with my views), looks people in the eye and so forth. I remember when I met him after that preseason game against Lions when May was suspended I think and we left Smith on the ground for the full match while clearly injured. I remember TMac saying it felt like a strange game to play in, and what did I think of the match. I was taken aback there. Why on earth would he care what I thought about it.

And he signed my ball and hung onto it for a bit looking at all the signatures.

Small things I guess but I have a pretty smallish life so appreciated it.

This thread is getting so funny.

So many melts over Tim Lamb hypothetically trading in people like Membrey. Last I checked no one had actually nominated us, nor is it trade week and completed trades have been done.

Sorry TK and Austin Powers, I think you are off the mark on Melky and TMac. Both are good clubmen (which we have few of) and both would be expected to be depth at best for next year. As others have said, we have to have someone on the list, why not the devil you know rather than some spuds from another team. I would expect (if Goody isn't moronic) that preseason form will see people like Petty starting back and Jefferson starting forward, over the two fossils (again, if Goody isn't moronic).

Austin Powers :sneaky:

Would rather late draft players in the draft who are young with potential over dinosaurs who won’t be around for our next flag.
My point was that we will have so many numbers to replace, that we should use a late pick that will help the VFL team be successful.

Which in turn will help our younger players in various ways, most specifically learn the behaviours and expiations required to be part of a winning team.

Yeah TMac and Melksham playing next year in a shit team who cares. Said it before, until Goodwin is gone who gives a shit what they do it won't work. We know how they operate, it's Tmac for one year and/or Tom Lynch for two years.

Next year I'm hoping Oliver and Petracca play good footy, Tholstrup improves, Jefferson gets the chance to show something and Goodwin gets sacked. Or a miracle flag run.

Cats took Dempsey, Mannagh and Neal with late picks. If JTs as good as everyone thinks then let him have a look

Don’t forget Lawson Humphries.

JT won’t be able to though because that bloke Lamb will clog our list with VFL fringe players and old timers and then trade away all our later picks for trash like he did last year.

Don’t forget Lawson Humphries.

JT won’t be able to though because that bloke Lamb will clog our list with VFL fringe players and old timers and then trade away all our later picks for trash like he did last year.
Yep, as long Dim Tim is there J.T, can only do so much.

This thread is getting so funny.

So many melts over Tim Lamb hypothetically trading in people like Membrey. Last I checked no one had actually nominated us, nor is it trade week and completed trades have been done.

Sorry TK and Austin Powers, I think you are off the mark on Melky and TMac. Both are good clubmen (which we have few of) and both would be expected to be depth at best for next year. As others have said, we have to have someone on the list, why not the devil you know rather than some spuds from another team. I would expect (if Goody isn't moronic) that preseason form will see people like Petty starting back and Jefferson starting forward, over the two fossils (again, if Goody isn't moronic).
Shut up Matt Daemon

Lamb hates list turnover because it means more work for him so the bloke does anything possible to minimise it happening (long contracts, extra years for old timers).

Why bother wining and dining free agents and pitching to there family when you can simply extend a dinosaur by a few years?
Its not so much that he hates list turnover, its just that he cant find anyone to accept his money so he needs to throw it at players in house.

Cats took Dempsey, Mannagh and Neal with late picks. If JTs as good as everyone thinks then let him have a look
I don't think I have seen anyone here who doesn't want us to go hard at the draft. We are going to have 7-9 list spots open up but they are not going to take that many to the draft. Has anyone ever taken more that 6? (Exl new teams)

We can hope for 5-6 picks at most. They will use the rest on bringing experience in to replace some of what is lost. Not signing TMac or Melk wouldn't change anything, just another list spot they would fill with an older player who at best is great cultural fit like they are or at worst another hunter type.

I'd rather sign TMac for nothing and trade someone like Salem for a 2nd/3rd rounder or to move up the board - but of course they would just waste that on some other experienced player who won't make a difference or be there when it matters...

A second straight 4 goal game for Harry Armstrong who appears to be firming as top key forward prospect in the pool and a top 10 fancy in the minds of many. He had a quieter period towards the end of the regular Talent League season, but has turned it on again so far in this finals series providing the forward 50 target his team needs and the goals required to push them towards yet another Dragons flag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do love the caption implying we should all froth over our late/rookie picks from the last few drafts.

YOUNG TALENT 🔥

Don’t get why we are extending blokes to play VFL (Sestan).

We’re hoping another pre season boosts his running ability. Wasn’t in u18s so started behind in terms of physical preparation. Clear he has done a lot of work to transform his body from when he started.

He has a low centre of gravity, good hands and disposal. If he can elevate his running capacity theme is a chance to make it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We’re hoping another pre season boosts his running ability. Wasn’t in u18s so started behind in terms of physical preparation. Clear he has done a lot of work to transform his body from when he started.

He has a low centre of gravity, good hands and disposal. If he can elevate his running capacity theme is a chance to make it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TMac resigning make perfect sense now. With ANB leaving the are going to chain Sestan, Verrall and Kentfield to him for preseason.

Elliot Himmelberg is still unsigned and on the outer at the Crows with Thilthorpe back.

Can ruck, can play forward but is kinda shit at both. Someone we will definitely have a go at.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Ah-Mu? Not For You ❌️

Remove this Banner Ad

Back