List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – big fish Tom Campbell in 🎣🐟, ANB departs to the Crows for pick 28 😢

Who do you want with Pick 5 (6)?

• Luke Trainor (194cm, Key Defender, Sandringham Dragons)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tobie Travaglia (187cm, Defender, Bendigo Pioneers)

• Taj Hotton (182cm, Forward/Midfielder, Sandringham Dragons)

• Alix Tauru (191cm, Key Defender, Gippsland Power)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Alex Neal-Bullen (Traded)
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Lachie Hunter (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:
  • Tom Campbell (Free Agent)
  • Pick 28* (Trade)

Last edited:
What does this even mean?
Obviously speaking metaphorically for 'he has decided he wants to leave and doesn't want to come back'.

I'm still holding fire on getting my hopes up. Doubt it actually happens.

Smillie played predominantly as a defender for most of this game apart from a stint on ball in the third quarter. He showed he's comfortable and capable in the defensive 50, poised with the ball in hand, and the extra time and space he's afforded back there appeared to benefit his disposal.

Yeah because it was a lop sided as **** trade.

Fair trade up = good
Lop sided trade up = piss poor

We gave up 2 second rounders to move up for a player who would’ve been on the board at our original pick anyway.
I thought we traded up to have a run at Reid, but the Eagles didn't want to, so we just ended up grabbing best available?

I thought we traded up to have a run at Reid, but the Eagles didn't want to, so we just ended up grabbing best available?
We wouldn't have made that trade without knowing West Coast's position first. JT and co liked Tholstrup, and traded up to get what they considered as BPA.

Yes, we wanted Reid; however, no club is silly enough to make a trade in hope of flipping those assets in another trade, without having assurances for the second trade.

As much as I doubt it happens, if Oliver does end up getting traded, I'm taking a day off work just to read Demonland in real time.

Obviously speaking metaphorically for 'he has decided he wants to leave and doesn't want to come back'.

I'm still holding fire on getting my hopes up. Doubt it actually happens.
This is all coming from McClure, yeah? There's like three days of trade period left and he hasn't even requested a trade. Neither club has said anything about it since it was shut down on Monday. Are there any actual conversations happening between the clubs? This really feels like one that makes for a good talking point so we continue to hear about it every day despite nothing changing.

This is all coming from McClure, yeah? There's like three days of trade period left and he hasn't even requested a trade. Neither club has said anything about it since it was shut down on Monday. Are there any actual conversations happening between the clubs? This really feels like one that makes for a good talking point so we continue to hear about it every day despite nothing changing.
The locker stuff was Matthew Lloyd, but same station so that's probably where he's getting it from.

But tend to agree. It's all just hearsay (at best) until one of the club reps says discussions are taking place.

I heard Richo also hung up one of those little air fresheners and left Oliver a nice note with a smiley face.
I heard Oliver forgot to thank him and Gawn had to thank Richo for him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lines up with the report Oliver was willing to take a pay cut. Definitely not just me desperate for it

Lines up with the report Oliver was willing to take a pay cut. Definitely not just me desperate for it
I'm suspicious of that report too. How much of a haircut are we talking about? Generally people aren't super keen to give up hundreds of thousands of dollars to move jobs. Don't get me wrong, that's what he should be doing if he wants to go so bad I just find it hard to believe.

Don't think his management would love losing a chunk of their cut either. Unless he's getting that money back from Geelong another way...

Bloody good business by the Tigers. They are really making the most of this trade period.
I do wonder if they'd be interested in selling a pick for a future first? Spread their list build out a little more.

Supporter had a snap with Clarry last night in Echuca at one of the local pubs. Said he was really relaxed, looking fit & more than happy to take photos with dees fans. Who knows where the truth lies.

Attachments

• IMG_5102.png
    IMG_5102.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 33
I'm suspicious of that report too. How much of a haircut are we talking about? Generally people aren't super keen to give up hundreds of thousands of dollars to move jobs. Don't get me wrong, that's what he should be doing if he wants to go so bad I just find it hard to believe.

Don't think his management would love losing a chunk of their cut either. Unless he's getting that money back from Geelong another way...
Yeah I don't remember anyone taking a pay cut of that magnitude really but maybe they'll get him a farm under market value and the rest etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – big fish Tom Campbell in 🎣🐟, ANB departs to the Crows for pick 28 😢

Back