List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – big fish Tom Campbell in 🎣🐟, ANB departs to the Crows for pick 28 😢

Who do you want with Pick 5 (6)?

• Luke Trainor (194cm, Key Defender, Sandringham Dragons)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tobie Travaglia (187cm, Defender, Bendigo Pioneers)

• Taj Hotton (182cm, Forward/Midfielder, Sandringham Dragons)

• Alix Tauru (191cm, Key Defender, Gippsland Power)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Alex Neal-Bullen (Traded)
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Lachie Hunter (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:
  • Tom Campbell (Free Agent)
  • Pick 28* (Trade)

Last edited:
It's a bit of a no-win situation sometimes. Pre trade period, people were calling for us to target young fringe players from good teams who need more opportunities. Now that trade period is here and that looks like what we're doing with Sharp, some of the same people are mad/critical about that too haha.

I love criticising the club, but preserving our draft capital and getting Sharp for a late token pick is exactly the sort of stuff we should be doing (that, and trading Oliver).
If we weren't keen on trading next year's first for a pick in the teens I'd probably be ok with it. That has me really sour about everything. 😂

If we weren't keen on trading next year's first for a pick in the teens I'd probably be ok with it. That has me really sour about everything. 😂
Yeah, reasonable haha. I'll be pretty miffed if that happens, too.

Sigh.

Imacelebrityau GIF by I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here! Australia

Pointless shit fights on this board operate 24/7 mate. You know that.
Nah, just the optimism around him from the same guys who wouldn't touch cox is very funny. If sharp even plays half the games Cox has its probably a win

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Potentially could be the worst trade in club history, I don't care how deep the draft is.
Even though I liked it at the time, trading Salem And Tyson for Josh Kelly is an all time stinker.
Depends if you're counting hindsight or not.

Although I guess if wed have taken Billings with 2 it's our best trade ever cause we ended up with all 3
Shrewd :shoutyoldman:

What was the original post again? Haha my memories not that great
God, I can't remember the original riddle now. Something regarding a mouse and a clock/midnight 😅

I actually like the idea of the trade if we think our preference at #5 is a decent chance of still being there at #9 (which seems possible given the nature of this draft).
I've always said you were a contrarian.

Even though I liked it at the time, trading Salem And Tyson for Josh Kelly is an all time stinker.
Depends if you're counting hindsight or not.

Although I guess if wed have taken Billings with 2 it's our best trade ever cause we ended up with all 3
Shrewd :shoutyoldman:

That trade was awful but doesn't get spoken about as much simply because we won a flag since and gws hasn't. Not saying that is the way it should be, but the media stopped talking about it basically as soon as 2021 happened.

That's the point. Ones played 50 games the others played **** all in 4 years playing games is literally better than playing in the reserves. It's like saying Bailey Lauries ahead of Chandler because who knows what he could be
Agree to a point, games in AFL are better but lions and Bombers are 2 very different teams.

I've tipped Brisbane for top 4 at least the last 5 years I can remember and for the flag in 3 of those years as they have a ridiculously good and deep list that gets better and deeper every year - particularly in the midfield.

Bombers have been terrible. Sharp has played maybe 15 games? Willing to bet he would have played a lot more at Bombers. Would Cox have played this much AFL for Brisbane? unlikely.

TLDR; we are shit and neither gets us out of this hole but at least their not some 30yr old castaway.

Potentially could be the worst trade in club history, I don't care how deep the draft is.
Best part is if we have to find a new coach:.

Brad Green probably "Hi everyone we are looking for a coach, yes we finished bottom 4, Oliver distractions continued and he will now only fetch us a late pick with us paying a large sum of his salary for another 5 years, Trac wants out, Kozzy is homesick, most of "stars" are all over 30 years old and we don't have a top 4 pick coz we traded it away for a bag of dicks but you'll love it here I promise"

That trade was awful but doesn't get spoken about as much simply because we won a flag since and gws hasn't. Not saying that is the way it should be, but the media stopped talking about it basically as soon as 2021 happened.
The only thing I'll say for it was it was clearly part of Roos' broader scheme to turn over the list as quickly as possible and break our death spiral. The broader strategy went about as well as it possibly could have.

Thought of 1 positive if we brought Cox in.

Goody has finally relented in "contest and defense" above all else.
Apologies everyone, I don't know what the **** I was thinking...

Goody will never change. He has probably already asked Sharp to put on 15kgs of muscle just so he can play contest and defense 1% better even if it means completely nerfing his running ability and agility.

Never change goody!

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – big fish Tom Campbell in 🎣🐟, ANB departs to the Crows for pick 28 😢

Back