List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – big fish Tom Campbell in 🎣🐟, ANB departs to the Crows for pick 28 😢

Who do you want with Pick 5 (6)?

• Luke Trainor (194cm, Key Defender, Sandringham Dragons)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bo Allan (191cm, Midfielder/Defender, Peel Thunder)

• Tobie Travaglia (187cm, Defender, Bendigo Pioneers)

• Taj Hotton (182cm, Forward/Midfielder, Sandringham Dragons)

• Alix Tauru (191cm, Key Defender, Gippsland Power)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Alex Neal-Bullen (Traded)
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Lachie Hunter (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:
  • Tom Campbell (Free Agent)
  • Pick 28* (Trade)

Last edited:
Saw some nuffy on Facebook complaining that we didn't go after Darling because we need a forward and he only cost north pick 67. Yeah let's replace a cooked Ben Brown with a cooked Jack Darling who is actually older than Brown. There's a reason he went so cheaply.
Wouldn't be surprised if we tried to get him and he rejected us lol

You can bet Goodwin is all over him lol

TOP DRAFT prospect Josh Smillie met with the head coaches of Richmond, Melbourne and St Kilda last weekend and looms as a top 10 pick in November's Telstra AFL Draft.

The 195.5cm midfielder from the Eastern Rangers has been compared to Giants midfielder Tom Green and Brownlow Medallist Patrick Cripps, which captured the attention of a number of head coaches at the draft combine last weekend.

"I was lucky enough to get interviewed by Simon Goodwin from the Dees and Adem Yze at Richmond and Ross Lyon at Saints," Smillie said on the Trade Exchange.
"It was amazing to be in the room with them and hear what they had to say to me. Definitely didn't take it for granted."

Richmond holds pick 1 in this year's draft and could also get pick 6 from Gold Coast as part of the Daniel Rioli trade. Melbourne has pick 5, while St Kilda currently holds picks 7 and 8.

Smillie has also been lucky enough to spend some time with his idol, Cripps.

"I think my role model is Patty Cripps. Obviously being that height. I wish I could be half the player he is. He's someone that I idolise," he said.

"I've had the ability to catch up with him in the past and learnt a lot from him. We were just in a room for a couple of hours ... (to) ask him questions about everything. It was just such a good conversation, I got so much out of it."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel like it gets worse every year but the brow beating, chest pounding BS from some of these list managers is next level.

Everyone of their players is a valuable, core piece and worth the world even if never player AFL of being dropped or subbed every week...

They will spend the first half of the interview outraged at even the notion that one of their contracted players might be leaving and spend the 2nd half talking about contracted player X that they are looking to bring in from another club. I'd love to hear some of the real conversations behind the scenes, must get pretty heated.

TOP DRAFT prospect Josh Smillie met with the head coaches of Richmond, Melbourne and St Kilda last weekend and looms as a top 10 pick in November's Telstra AFL Draft.

The 195.5cm midfielder from the Eastern Rangers has been compared to Giants midfielder Tom Green and Brownlow Medallist Patrick Cripps, which captured the attention of a number of head coaches at the draft combine last weekend.

"I was lucky enough to get interviewed by Simon Goodwin from the Dees and Adem Yze at Richmond and Ross Lyon at Saints," Smillie said on the Trade Exchange.
"It was amazing to be in the room with them and hear what they had to say to me. Definitely didn't take it for granted."

Richmond holds pick 1 in this year's draft and could also get pick 6 from Gold Coast as part of the Daniel Rioli trade. Melbourne has pick 5, while St Kilda currently holds picks 7 and 8.

"I think my role model is Patty Cripps. Obviously being that height. I wish I could be half the player he is. He's someone that I idolise," he said.

"I've had the ability to catch up with him in the past and learnt a lot from him. We were just in a room for a couple of hours ... (to) ask him questions about everything. It was just such a good conversation, I got so much out of it."

I'm totally fine with this kid if we trade Oliver.

I'm sure it's been mentioned but did anyone hear that nuff on trade radio that quoted the Victorian constitution or law that it was illegal for us to hold Oliver against his will and in breach of said law

If we are that into him surely Oliver is gone? .... Nah, this is Melbourne we are talking about.

I'm totally fine with this kid if we trade Oliver.
I'm not. I don’t want us to try and replicate Oliver, I want us to actually evolve with the way the game is going. Footy is moving away from big, one-paced, slow inside mids who don't hurt with ball in hand. There's probably 15 players I'd take before Smillie for our list.

I'm not. I don’t want us to try and replicate Oliver, I want us to actually evolve with the way the game is going. Footy is moving away from big, one-paced, slow inside mids who don't hurt with ball in hand. There's probably 15 players I'd take before Smillie for our list.
Exactly. The fact we are doubling down on a losing formula is ****ing mind-blowing.

Hear some kid on SEN today who is going to be drafted, his surname is Smiley.

Now I was just about to watch the movie Tinker, tailor, soldier spy and noticed the protagonists surname is also Smiley. A coincidence? I think not. We need to draft this kid.

Trade Radio just hard a huge guest to talk to

Mitch Morton

Even they have thrown in the towel. Don’t remember trade period ever being this bad. It’s been bad before but **** this is painful.

I'm sure it's been mentioned but did anyone hear that nuff on trade radio that quoted the Victorian constitution or law that it was illegal for us to hold Oliver against his will and in breach of said law
Yeah, quoting section 12 of some Vic law about being able to freely move anywhere in the state, lol. I was so gobsmacked I posted on here before he even finished talking. Even his voice and pacing gave me the creeps. They were pretty quick to get him off the air.

Said he worked in law but maybe I'm the copy room? Can't be an actual lawyer because there are dozens of reasons why there are no grounds for section 12 in the context of AFL contracts or even most people in most jobs...

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – big fish Tom Campbell in 🎣🐟, ANB departs to the Crows for pick 28 😢

Back