List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – big fish Tom Campbell in 🎣🐟, ANB departs to the Crows for pick 28 😢

Who do you want with Pick 5 (6)?

• Luke Trainor (194cm, Key Defender, Sandringham Dragons)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tobie Travaglia (187cm, Defender, Bendigo Pioneers)

• Taj Hotton (182cm, Forward/Midfielder, Sandringham Dragons)

• Alix Tauru (191cm, Key Defender, Gippsland Power)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Alex Neal-Bullen (Traded)
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Lachie Hunter (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:
  • Tom Campbell (Free Agent)
  • Pick 28* (Trade)

Last edited:
We have a genuine nuffy as president. Only need to look at his twitter history prior to getting appointed to work that out and even as president he cant help himself. Backing yourself into a corner on social media is so ****ing dumb. Just when you think this club couldn't get anymore cringe they go and appoint Brad Green.
How's he backing himself into a corner though? He's been steadfast in his comments on Clarry and Trac. Pert was the one shopping Clarry around. Green has been adamant Clarry isn't going anywhere. That's just reiterating the clubs position. It was the dumbest fn article I've read and deserved a whack. Rightly so. Green won't be our long term pres anyway. I'd rather someone official at the club do this than hear crickets and let speculation take over to the point another ridiculous memo is released by Pert. Eddie Maguire did s* like this all the time.

How's he backing himself into a corner though? He's been steadfast in his comments on Clarry and Trac. Pert was the one shopping Clarry around. Green has been adamant Clarry isn't going anywhere. That's just reiterating the clubs position. It was the dumbest fn article I've read and deserved a whack. Rightly so. Green won't be our long term pres anyway. I'd rather someone official at the club do this than hear crickets and let speculation take over to the point another ridiculous memo is released by Pert. Eddie Maguire did s* like this all the time.
And we know Eddie McGuire running his mouth never ended badly.

From Green's perspective, there's just no need for it. It's not going to hose down speculation or take heat off the club, and it absolutely does back us into a corner if someone comes along with a great offer (or if the Oliver situation becomes untenable). Imagine one of the bottom clubs comes through with a big last minute play for Oliver next week, and we say no because it'll make the president look bad (worse).

It's just silly. Have a thicker skin than getting into Twitter spats.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remember when we tried to trade our 2024 F1 last year and dodged a bullet? God I hope no club takes us up on it.
Reid would probably have been worth it.

Probably not a bad shout but I feel the club is drastically overrating how good we are going into 2025.
At least if they have unrealistically high expectations, it will hasten Goodwin's departure when we inevitably fail.

Would rather not sacrifice part of our future to do it though.

I'm all for trading up this year, but that deal sounds pretty crap considering we are likely to finish bottom four next year.
Yeah for next years first you'd at least want pick 10ish. This feels a bit desperate.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – big fish Tom Campbell in 🎣🐟, ANB departs to the Crows for pick 28 😢

Back