List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – big fish Tom Campbell in 🎣🐟, ANB departs to the Crows for pick 28 😢

Who do you want with Pick 5 (6)?

• Luke Trainor (194cm, Key Defender, Sandringham Dragons)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tobie Travaglia (187cm, Defender, Bendigo Pioneers)

• Taj Hotton (182cm, Forward/Midfielder, Sandringham Dragons)

• Alix Tauru (191cm, Key Defender, Gippsland Power)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Alex Neal-Bullen (Traded)
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Lachie Hunter (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:
  • Tom Campbell (Free Agent)
  • Pick 28* (Trade)

Last edited:
I still think the Oliver trade has a pulse. I’m not buying into the cleaning his locker out stuff being a factor.
I don’t think it’s got as much chance as McLure would lead you to think. He has a massive hard on for Oliver moving on.
My take is despite what Green is saying, is that if Geelong are prepared to take on all or most of his wage and we get a F1 it’ll get done. That may require pay cut. But I’m not convinced many players will forgo such an amount of money.

Smillie played predominantly as a defender for most of this game apart from a stint on ball in the third quarter. He showed he's comfortable and capable in the defensive 50, poised with the ball in hand, and the extra time and space he's afforded back there appeared to benefit his disposal.

He looked a lot more composed in this vid than some of the earlier ones I've seen.

He looked a lot more composed in this vid than some of the earlier ones I've seen.
For those playing at home, this is the video in question:

Smillie played predominantly as a defender for most of this game apart from a stint on ball in the third quarter. He showed he's comfortable and capable in the defensive 50, poised with the ball in hand, and the extra time and space he's afforded back there appeared to benefit his disposal.

Clearly an unpopular opinion on here but I’d back us doing that trade with GC. The player taken at Pick 13 in this draft could easily be a lot better than the player we could get at earlier picks in next year’s draft - and an earlier pick could also slide out closer t to pick 13 next year anyway with all of the 2025 academy talent. So it could be a very similar rated or even better rated player to what we could next year, but getting them a year early, in exchange for pick 28.

Pick 13 could get us a player like Tairu, Hotton, Lindsay, Reid, Berry, Trainor or Armstrong, to go along with the player at pick 5. Would rather go hard for one of them than be conservative and wait and see next year.

JT likes to get in early if he rates the draft. So I’ll back him in if we get 13. It is meant to be a deep draft also. So could grab Berry with that pick I’m thinking. Or if we ant a key position player maybe Shanahan.
We were gonna completely trade out of it not that long ago and we traded up to get Kolt last year which was a meh effort. You don't have to be a fan of everything

What The Wtf GIF by Justin

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – big fish Tom Campbell in 🎣🐟, ANB departs to the Crows for pick 28 😢

Back