List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – big fish Tom Campbell in 🎣🐟, ANB departs to the Crows for pick 28 😢

Who do you want with Pick 5 (6)?

• Luke Trainor (194cm, Key Defender, Sandringham Dragons)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tobie Travaglia (187cm, Defender, Bendigo Pioneers)

• Taj Hotton (182cm, Forward/Midfielder, Sandringham Dragons)

• Alix Tauru (191cm, Key Defender, Gippsland Power)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Alex Neal-Bullen (Traded)
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Lachie Hunter (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:
  • Tom Campbell (Free Agent)
  • Pick 28* (Trade)

Last edited:
I just love that we have you guys ensuring the right from the wrong is always sorted around here!
Mission Reaction GIF

I already owned it - I said it.

Barass and Houston into our squad would make a big difference.

Again, I’d still prefer to bring in a top young mid and another top kid if we had the chance.
We need midfielders with pace and skill. Barass and Houston do not help this.

It's a horrible horrible idea. We haven't won a final in 3 years and only won finals in one year of the last 6 years. Giving away our future on a list that's being coached by a guy who thinks it's still 2021 would be monumentally stupid.
Plus the other 2 teams who play the most like us is blues and Swans. Both get found out in finals same way as us. Yes swans made the granny twice in 3 years but got smashed both times. Got very lucky against GWS this year and then got the easy prelim against port after they had their granny effort the week before.

The style just doesn't hold up against the best when it matters most.

Plus the other 2 teams who play the most like us is blues and Swans. Both get found out in finals same way as us. Yes swans made the granny twice in 3 years but got smashed both times. Got very lucky against GWS this year and then got the easy prelim against port after they had their granny effort the week before.

The style just doesn't hold up against the best when it matters most.

I'll give you blues as somewhat similar to us, but swans? They are very focused on fast ball movement and elite kicking skills, and not great defensively. Reckon they're almost opposite to us.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We can have all the 'great ideas' all we want. Reality is none of it's happening. The only players we are bringing in are fringe/delisted players.
Which realistically, is probably best case scenario this year.

Use some high draft picks on elite talent, gamble on a young fringe players who might be ready to pop but if they don't then at least it was low cost and easy to move on.

Shows how little about football you know. It would make lever pick up the 3rd best forward and play the intercept role. Frees rivers up to play on ball and trac to play more forward. Gives us an elite kicker out of the back half that we don’t have.

would make us a 2 goal better defensively team and a 2 goal better attacking team. Which would make us a lock for top 4 and another shot at the flag.
TBH it’s a good idea. Initially I was thinking no way. But there’s merit in it. It’s a Hail Mary shot at a flag and won’t happen. But there’d be some at the club who’d back it in.

I'll give you blues as somewhat similar to us, but swans? They are very focused on fast ball movement and elite kicking skills, and not great defensively. Reckon they're almost opposite to us.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
More that they setup defensively and around the contest in a similar way - i.e. they are trying to protect their defensive weakness in the air but yes, they definately go faster and take the game on when they get it. Agree there.

Swansirst rely on clogging it up and numbers around the contest - once teams matched that, they struggled. Even tigers beat them by just matching the contest and keeping pressure high. Other teams copied late in the year and finals are always like that. Reminded me a lot of us in back end of 22' and all of 23'. Couldn't even get an easy win against a shit side as they would bring the rage to the contest knowing that was our 1 wood (and only wood it seems).

Also - I think we are overrated defensively, we sacrifice entire parts of our game for it. May is a gun 1:1 and so is McVee. The rest often get found out.

Fast ball movement, chaos ball and the ball hitting the deck and we go to water.

TBH it’s a good idea. Initially I was thinking no way. But there’s merit in it. It’s a Hail Mary shot at a flag and won’t happen. But there’d be some at the club who’d back it in.
Pom Pom GIF by USC Trojans

(Log in to remove this ad.)

More that they setup defensively and around the contest in a similar way - i.e. they are trying to protect their defensive weakness in the air but yes, they definately go faster and take the game on when they get it. Agree there.

Swansirst rely on clogging it up and numbers around the contest - once teams matched that, they struggled. Even tigers beat them by just matching the contest and keeping pressure high. Other teams copied late in the year and finals are always like that. Reminded me a lot of us in back end of 22' and all of 23'. Couldn't even get an easy win against a shit side as they would bring the rage to the contest knowing that was our 1 wood (and only wood it seems).

Also - I think we are overrated defensively, we sacrifice entire parts of our game for it. May is a gun 1:1 and so is McVee. The rest often get found out.

Fast ball movement, chaos ball and the ball hitting the deck and we go to water.

Yeah I don't think we've been an elite defensive team since 2021 as dumb as that'll sound - let in a lot of run of goals over the past three seasons.

We need midfielders with pace and skill. Barass and Houston do not help this.
Houston would.

I reckon we need a high quality young mid with a bit of pace/metres gained type first of all.

Then to be honest, it’s possibly another small forward and a tall forward if we are going to play more from the back half.

I’m concerned about Steven May as well - he showed some signs of aging last year so we really need another quality tall defender coming through. And that’s needed even if we do finally throw Petty back into defense.

All of that and we still aren’t 100% on a ruck option for post Max Gawn, although I do understand that the club are bullish on Will Verrall.

I'm confused. Is it a good idea or a bad idea?
I'm going to teach you to re-learn the quote function if it's the last thing I do

Houston has such elite kicking skills he can change the way you play. The distance he covers by foot is crazy. And takes kicks not many can. I can see why clubs want him and why port are asking a bit.
No he can't that's silly.

The Harry Sharp draft profile. I reckon he has come along about since this. Reading it seems like he was always going to be a slow burn. Being such an outside player with not not great kicking skills isn’t great. Hopefully something he had been working on and can continue to do so.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – big fish Tom Campbell in 🎣🐟, ANB departs to the Crows for pick 28 😢

Back