List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Early Draft Poll Added

Who do you want with Pick 5 (6)?

• Luke Trainor (194cm, Key Defender, Sandringham Dragons)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bo Allan (191cm, Midfielder/Defender, Peel Thunder)

• Tobie Travaglia (187cm, Defender, Bendigo Pioneers)

• Taj Hotton (182cm, Forward/Midfielder, Sandringham Dragons)

• Alix Tauru (191cm, Key Defender, Gippsland Power)

• Jobe Shanahan (194cm, Key Forward, Allies)

• Split the pick (let JT cook)

• Trade the pick (let Lamb burn the place to the ground)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:

Last edited:
Houston thing is kind of interesting now. If we can get a late first rounder we should play hard ball with that and maybe future 2nd or 3rd. Pick 5 is off limits.

Port can't afford to keep him salary cap wise with everything coming in. Pies don't have a 1st, Carlton say theirs is off limits, Saints have cooled on him which only really leaves the doggies who will have 2 late 1sts (after smith trade).

Zero chance in coming to Melbourne. That horse has absolutely bolted with that and we're not willing to split our pick 5 unless something ridiculous comes up.

The club wants to top up with elite talent at the pointy end of the draft and feel that with our pick we can grab a genuine top 3 talent in the draft.

I really hope this is the case

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Houston thing is kind of interesting now. If we can get a late first rounder we should play hard ball with that and maybe future 2nd or 3rd. Pick 5 is off limits.

Port can't afford to keep him salary cap wise with everything coming in. Pies don't have a 1st, Carlton say theirs is off limits, Saints have cooled on him which only really leaves the doggies who will have 2 late 1sts (after smith trade).
The Dogs traded this years first rounder last year, I think to Gold Coast to get Sanders. They'll only have the pick they bring in for Smith and next years first. I really don't see a team willing to meet Port's demands, so unless the price drops greatly or a club finds a player that wants to go the other way I think Houston stays.

The Dogs traded this years first rounder last year, I think to Gold Coast to get Sanders. They'll only have the pick they bring in for Smith and next years first. I really don't see a team willing to meet Port's demands, so unless the price drops greatly or a club finds a player that wants to go the other way I think Houston stays.
Geez, so really no competition as far as what port wants.

There is 0-1% chance that Houston is at Port next year. Wanting 2 first rounders is a bluff, set a high bar, acting like they will just happily keep him. They can't afford to keep him. They at best might end up with two late first rounders - which is better than it sounds as they will end up in the 20's after f/s and academy picks.

If it helps, I did get told that pick 5 will be used to bring in young talent from the draft, one way or another (trading up or splitting or whatever).

I don’t think we will throw pick 5 at a senior player.

Tim Lamb:

Watch This Hold Up GIF by Apple TV

I really want to get a player or two early on in this draft. Which may mean other than Campbell Derksen and maybe a Owie type we’ll be trading for picks. The before mentioned players won’t move the needle much. But the current coaches etc will be banking on a bit of improvement in some of he young guys plus some luck with the likes of Trac and Clarry etc.

If it helps, I did get told that pick 5 will be used to bring in young talent from the draft, one way or another (trading up or splitting or whatever).

I don’t think we will throw pick 5 at a senior player.
It helps Demon.

Thank you

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Houston's double backflip on leaving Port is impressive. Feels like when he publicly stated he would stay Port were like "Be kinda cool if you didn't."
Maybe he was banking on Hinkley getting the arse by now, but since he hasn't he's entertaining trades again. Every page the Sack Hinkley thread grows by without a sacking just ups his desire to leave!

Maybe he was banking on Hinkley getting the arse by now, but since he hasn't he's entertaining trades again. Every page the Sack Hinkley thread grows by without a sacking just ups his desire to leave!
I really don't think the Port players feel that way about Hinkley. The hate seems purely external.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Early Draft Poll Added

Back