List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Early Draft Poll Added

Who do you want with Pick 5 (6)?

• Luke Trainor (194cm, Key Defender, Sandringham Dragons)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bo Allan (191cm, Midfielder/Defender, Peel Thunder)

• Tobie Travaglia (187cm, Defender, Bendigo Pioneers)

• Taj Hotton (182cm, Forward/Midfielder, Sandringham Dragons)

• Alix Tauru (191cm, Key Defender, Gippsland Power)

• Trade the pick (let Lamb burn the place to the ground)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Lachie Hunter (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:

Last edited by a moderator:
6 for Rioli is outrageous. I'd have him worth about pick 20-ish on the open market.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Indeed, compared to the likes of May and Neale (pick 6,19 and various swaps), Rioli not in the same stratosphere. But GC seem very willing to throw around high draft picks and reportedly pick 6 is on the table. Clubs would love a mediocre player requesting a trade to the Suns

6 for Rioli is ludicrous but Gold Coast are so charmed with their academy that they really don't seem to care about high picks. The big challenge for them is retaining all their talent so they can actually turn into a capable team with a good culture. I expect that they want Rioli for what he can provide off field as much as on.

Agree, surely the Suns aren't dumb enough to pay that. Good player but as a HBF isn't really rare. A kid at 6 could probably play the same role early days but with scope to do more in the midfield etc.
They sure are, gave up the pick 2 that netted Andrew Brayshaw for Lachie Weller. :poo:

maybe we can swoop in and offer our F1 for pick 6, probably end up a fair deal both ways and might save GC from themselves.

6 for Rioli is outrageous. I'd have him worth about pick 20-ish on the open market.

6 is too high. But I think it’s one of those situations where if suns had pick 12 then that’s what they’d get. Personally reckon he’s closer to a pick 15. He has been really good last few years down back. And he’s contracted so gotta lay more to move him.

Trading him or Trac is a huge chance to rejuvenate our list but the club won't have the balls to do it.

I reckon the Swans will go hard at him - they got crushed in the contest on Sat and would back themselves to get Clarry back to his best. If they offered two late first rounders (this year and next year's), we should take it.

Seems from the reports it’s other club/s seeking us out re Clarry. From
What I’ve seen and heard Clarry seems to be in a much better space. I can see Geelong asking for us to chip in some $ so they’d need a reasonably decent pick in that case. If we’re keen to offload him I can see us taking a crappy pick if cats picking up all the $$.

Totally agree - I don't think we get a kings ransom for Oliver but the picks + extra cap space + better midfield balance could be a huge benefit.

Exactly.

I mean hypothetically if we could get Peatling and Kennedy for second and third rounders (ish) and trade Clarry for a decent return, I know which I'd prefer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its funny, they're down for doing desperate moves to try and keep their jobs and the club relevant. Meanwhile if they traded Oliver it probably buys some time and Goody gets to finish his contract. You do you though Melbourne. :thumbsupv1:

Last edited:
Exactly.

I mean hypothetically if we could get Peatling and Kennedy for second and third rounders (ish) and trade Clarry for a decent return, I know which I'd prefer.

Lets trade with Carlton... they seem to have a love affair that's been happening for a couple of seasons.

They have P11, and they're future 1st Rnd pick, oughta do it.

'Speed' is what we need.

Just like the lions on the weekend. They're pressure... and re-bound run and linkup chains, pulled the Swans apart.

Lohman, cCameron, Neale, Zorko, Ah Chee, Berry, Ashcroft... etc.
Agree. I’m not a massive watcher of draft footage etc. but follow it as close as I can. Reid does seem a touch slow for someone of his size.

I think it's pretty different though in that Kozzie never actually asked for a trade though? Trac had a lot more noise and is a much bigger name, where him leaving was going to be entirely because he was unhappy with the club. Needed a statement there. Don't need one for speculation that a player is homesick when they haven't actually asked for

Fair call but ANB at pick 25 makes Rioli number 10?

Apparently it’s Geelong who want Oliver and they have **** all trade capital. Just trying to get him on the cheap and buy at a low is my guess so they can get ****ed.

They love there bargain bins.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Early Draft Poll Added

Back