List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Early Draft Poll Added

Who do you want with Pick 5 (6)?

• Luke Trainor (194cm, Key Defender, Sandringham Dragons)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bo Allan (191cm, Midfielder/Defender, Peel Thunder)

• Tobie Travaglia (187cm, Defender, Bendigo Pioneers)

• Taj Hotton (182cm, Forward/Midfielder, Sandringham Dragons)

• Alix Tauru (191cm, Key Defender, Gippsland Power)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Lachie Hunter (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:

Last edited by a moderator:

Yeah they're getting smith Oliver and Martin. How do they keep managing to do this? Probably smart list management without long multi million dollar contracts.

Or backroom/under the table deals.

Yeah they're getting smith Oliver and Martin. How do they keep managing to do this? Probably smart list management without long multi million dollar contracts.
Martin wouldn't cost much

“So is that 1 Bull and a dozen cows to go with that hobby farm just waiting for you to finish your career?”

The real question isn't who are Melbourne looking at but who from Melbourne is looking at them and furthermore who is influencing the main list decisions.

Unfortunately Clayton has to go this is a rinse and repeat situation.
Hopefully he can be packaged up with Lamb and Pert also.
I’m surprised a bit more hasn’t been made of these posts by our one proven ITK. Along with the very odd mention of a ‘list management committee’ (which I think Bluelegs) also picked up on, I reckon we can be fairly certain that Pert has somehow made himself the de facto head of list management.

What are chances of us finding 3 or 4 midfielders that know how to pass the ball by hand and foot?

I would settle for 1. You have to start somewhere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In regards to the Oliver situation, I lay the vast majority of blame on the club and particularly Simon ****in Goodwin.

Oliver clearly has his issues and is ultimately responsible for them but I’m reminded of the Chris Rock joke about the tiger attacking Sigfreid:

“That tiger didn’t go crazy, that tiger went tiger”

That’s why Dumb **** Simon you don’t have beers and a few punts and more than likely a few lines with your players. You’ve condoned it, shared in it, you ****ing celebrated it. Let the tiger out of the cage, he ain’t going ****ing back in.

Martin wouldn't cost much
Martin no, knowing Geelong they'll get the best out of him like they have with stengle. That's the thing with Geelong they either bring in players on the cheap and turn them good or they manage to continuously land good players. I guess their own success keeps them a destination club. I know times have changed but even in their heyday 07-11 they still managed to keep their list together with the exception of ablett who was offered a shit load to move. I don't recall many long term deals at the cats, they seem to be a well run club.

Martin no, knowing Geelong they'll get the best out of him like they have with stengle. That's the thing with Geelong they either bring in players on the cheap and turn them good or they manage to continuously land good players. I guess their own success keeps them a destination club. I know times have changed but even in their heyday 07-11 they still managed to keep their list together with the exception of ablett who was offered a shit load to move. I don't recall many long term deals at the cats, they seem to be a well run club.
They always have great people at the club. And the area is a huge selling point. Away from the spotlight in Melbourne yet only an hour away. They have a whole massive community right behind them as well which is a distinct advantage over most of the comp now who've lost that tribal element linked with the area.

Cant believe the club is doing this to him after they specifically asked him to get hammered at the Brownlow and miss his Dr's appointments. Poor Claz doing all the things we asked and its still not good enough!

Geelong has the freedom to take on difficult players and turn them around because their club is well run, and every part of the club from the top down pushes in the same direction.

It doesn't always work, Jack Steven was one that didn't really work out, Mitch Clark another, but they never seem to lose much when it doesn't work, they just keep ploughing on.

Imagine playing for a club with established facilities, training on your own homeground, whole community behind you and a board and football department that work together, plus an amazing development program and talent pipeline from the vfl team.

Compared to a club that spends half its time in Casey, has a premiership list torn apart in record time, a stubborn dickhead coach who plays favourites, a board and CEO seemingly serving only out of self interest, and apparently no communication or collaboration between the administration and the football department.

Clayton will probably do well in Geelong, but I think the prime of his career has probably been and gone regardless of where he ends up. Some blokes run into the ground earlier than others and he really hasn't taken great care of himself in the past 2 years.

I'm happy that we got to see the best of him while he was at Melbourne. Despite some of the shit i write about him I don't think I'll be happy or overly sad to see him go, probably just relieved that it's over. The whole situation is very tiresome.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Early Draft Poll Added

Back