List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Early Draft Poll Added

Who do you want with Pick 5 (6)?

• Luke Trainor (194cm, Key Defender, Sandringham Dragons)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bo Allan (191cm, Midfielder/Defender, Peel Thunder)

• Tobie Travaglia (187cm, Defender, Bendigo Pioneers)

• Taj Hotton (182cm, Forward/Midfielder, Sandringham Dragons)

• Alix Tauru (191cm, Key Defender, Gippsland Power)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Lachie Hunter (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:

Last edited by a moderator:
**** we will have a mountain of cap space if Clayton goes.

Surely we take 1.5m a year and pick 5 to Port for Butters
We'll be paying a chunk of Oliver's contract. No way Cats take all of it on..so we'll be paying part salary for Gus and Clarry moving forward with neither at the club. What a monumental f* up. Tim Lamb should not have a job going into this trade/draft period. He's already fd us enough.

We'll be paying a chunk of Oliver's contract. No way Cats take all of it on..so we'll be paying part salary for Gus and Clarry moving forward with neither at the club. What a monumental f* up. Tim Lamb should not have a job going into this trade/draft period. He's already fd us enough.

Jay Clark reckons we are chipping in for Grundy to lol.

Imagine that, paying Brayshaw, Oliver and Grundy to not play for us.

Wouldn’t surprise me if we are still paying Hunter as well in 2025.

Think it's been pretty categoric from a bunch of parties that we're not paying any of Grundy's money.

Hunter we would've had to settle with obviously cos he had a contract for 25

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Think it's been pretty categoric from a bunch of parties that we're not paying any of Grundy's money.

Hunter we would've had to settle with obviously cos he had a contract for 25

Read Jay Clark’s article from today. Clearly states we are still paying Grundy.

That goes against everything that was reported last year re: Grundy

Cool, will do, if you read the many, many other articles from last year which explain that we don't pay any of Grundy's money.

Deal?

I read those, last year. Not sure your point?

There’s a chance we are paying Grundy still, as reported.

One good thing with Oliver gone is we can have our "director of footballs" Alan Richardson focussed on whatever it is he's supposed to be doing and not mowing lawns, which will hopefully improve our on-field performances.

Mids out in last 12 months: Brayshaw, Oliver, ANB, Hunter, Jordan, Harmes, Dunstan.

That’s 7 mids we lost, hopefully we go hard and bring some good ones in and don’t prioritise tall plodders to clog up Casey’s forward line.

Yes we will get one at pick 5, and maybe pick ~30 if we are lucky but hope we have other plans in the works.

One good thing with Oliver gone is we can have our "director of footballs" Alan Richardson focussed on whatever it is he's supposed to be doing and not mowing lawns, which will hopefully improve our on-field performances.
if Clarry needed Richo to mow his lawns in Melbourne how the **** is he going to manage his own Hobby Farm?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mids out in last 12 months: Brayshaw, Oliver, ANB, Hunter, Jordan, Harmes, Dunstan.

That’s 7 mids we lost, hopefully we go hard and bring some good ones in and don’t prioritise tall plodders to clog up Casey’s forward line.

Yes we will get one at pick 5, and maybe pick ~30 if we are lucky but hope we have other plans in the works.
Agree it has become a real problem area for us.

Silver lining is that Windsor was an upgrade to Hunter. Jordan, Harmes and Dunstan can be replaced with some low end trades or the scrap heap - already a couple around that are unlucky to be delisted.

Really have to make that pick 5 count and reason why I'm so pissed that Geelong had to be the one to Bob up for Oliver. I was hoping the saints would come for him.

Rivers into middle permanently, McVee more time and would like to see Howes get a run on the wing. Hopefully Spargo gets his body right and I'd like to see Bowey ahead of the ball. Tholstrup looked a little better late in the year when he was playing up the ground more and another preseason will help.

Would have loved to have snagged Peatling though.

It’s a real concern that Pert is reportedly leading the Clarry shop around, whilst the footy dept want to keep him.

Makes me think either Richardson is a lame duck, or that he is aligned with Pert and not in decent control of the footy department.

I am somewhat surprised at the picks from Geelong. OR what they are linked with for incoming players.

Bailey Smith, I have never been a huge fan, he just seems to run one way and kick the ball long and high. And Oliver, whom I feel has such massive potential still, loves a roost as well and does not seem to have ever worked on the finer skills that would elevate him. They do have history with Dangerfield (I don't mean any disrespect towards him but he loves to kick the ball long and high).

Maybe this matches up with the whole chaos ball play style Geelong wants and these players will free up others like Holmes.
I am sure there is method in their madness at the end of the day the success they have had over the years speaks volumes.

Last edited:
Listen we're not a good football club at the moment

But also like my god, when you act like a ****ing dickhead and the club still try to 'look after you' and back you in. Like for real as bad as it's been the club still drops everything it can to accommodate him and he still wants to **** off after showing up half arsed footy for a season

Honestly even if it's giving him what he wants, just **** him off (although we probably won't)

Listen we're not a good football club at the moment

But also like my god, when you act like a *ing dickhead and the club still try to 'look after you' and back you in. Like for real as bad as it's been the club still drops everything it can to accommodate him and he still wants to * off after showing up half arsed footy for a season

Honestly even if it's giving him what he wants, just **** him off (although we probably won't)
I reckon we should have traded him last year.

Good Moderator Scythe94,

They will get Martin for pretty much nothing. So I don't feel he should factor into any salary caps etc.
- The football loving side of me wants him to close out his career with injuries under control and be the best he can. He really is a super talent. But he could never command much money with his injury history now.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Early Draft Poll Added

Back