Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:

Last edited:
Hawkins looked absolutely incredible against us right from the start. Remember watching and thinking Hawkins would dominate us for years to come.

Didn't really pan out like that but still had a brilliant career.
Playing for a super team against us wasn't much of a test Les. But yes, for whatever reason he would never miss shooting for goal vs us while spraying them everywhere vs just about every other team. Used to drive me mad. He was the opposite of Jack Rielwoldt who would spray them everywhere vs us.

Apparently his second game he kicked 4 against us an 12th game he kicked 5

9 against us in 2 games, 9 in his other 10 games to start lol
Any forward with a pulse could kick a bag on us around that time.

Agree. Although I think hes a bit more talented than you do, just being held back so much.
It's not that I don't rate him, he's just never gonna kick 3 goals from snaps off the deck like Fritsch can so he's only ever gonna be useful in the air. That's tough for a played of his size in this team in this era

I think they've gotta decide what they want him to be. He's not very good once the balls on the deck at all for a modern footballer, he's a very old school footballer.
I think they might need to add size to him and make him a more dangerous threat 1-1
And deliver the ball better to him, to let him properly learn his craft.

Sigh. I don’t think there is a harder task than being a Melbourne supporter except being a Melbourne player.

I guess my point is JVR is not Jeremy Cameron, he's not gonna get super fit, our run his opponent and damage them up the ground. He's only ever gonna be successful in the air, so may aswell make him strong so he can take advantage of his willingness to compete in the air.

Apparently his second game he kicked 4 against us an 12th game he kicked 5

9 against us in 2 games, 9 in his other 10 games to start lol
I hope you are paying attention, Headless

Tbf Hogan never looked like he'd actually be able to out wrestle guys early in his career, and he is doing it regularly for the Giants now.

JVR has been bloody good this year considering how poor we've been. Agree with Topkent we should bulk him up.
I thought the opposite. I reckoned with some time (and not much time) he would dominate defenders through size, movement and reading the flight.

After that first year stuff got complicated and he never seemed to recover that potential. Until now of course.

I like the way he plays now and want him to get a Coleman with GWS. He’s been through a bit and earned respect. And a fairytale is nice from time to time. On a toadstool 🍄

No no, of course not. There are just a few little tidbits I'd like to add
Seriously skip it. The last time the rules got an upgrade an earthquake erupted.

Slim it down to Crimson Azure style don’t be a flog sort of thing. It frees you up for endless interpretation

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Slim it down to Crimson Azure style don’t be a flog sort of thing. It frees you up for endless interpretation
s reactions mr GIF

Sam McClure might be a flog but what he said around the 5 minute mark is spot on. Some players would be pissed off watching Oliver continually gifted games when they would have to bust their arse in the twos for a month

Sam McClure might be a flog but what he said around the 5 minute mark is spot on. Some players would be pissed off watching Oliver continually gifted games when they would have to bust their arse in the twos for a month
Basically repeating everything we've said 6 months late. He was the dickhead telling Dees fans they should be grateful for a flag and stop complaining 2 or 3 weeks ago

Basically repeating everything we've said 6 months late. He was the dickhead telling Dees fans they should be grateful for a flag and stop complaining 2 or 3 weeks ago
Must of missed that one or just completely forgot. Anyway thought Mathews had a good point can't keep trying to hide stuff and bury head in the sand it never works out well.

Pretty sure West Coast got sued successfully after they sacked cousins.
He threatened it and remaining contract had about 1.2m owed over 2 years. But it never went to court. Eagles initial stance was 0 payout, may have been a settlement reached as it went away. It certainly doesn’t seem to have been close to a full payout however.

To be fair in that case Eagles would have had AFL on their side given the AFL banned Cousins from playing for a year for bringing game into disrepute

Hawkins kicked 6 against us in like his 7th game or something I reckon lol but yeah he struggled for a while until Geelong made him the man and gave him space to operate and use his craft. Until we play a different style JVR will never be better than an ok player.
To be fair, kicking 6 goals against us in those days was equivalent to 3 behinds and 2 out of bounds on the full against a normal team...

One thing I can't work out, with all the speculation about Oliver and the burden of his contract etc. is this: surely there must be a bunch of clauses he has breached in his player contract by now (and will continue to breach) that would allow the club to terminate his contract? Am I missing something or are player contracts much more lenient than I thought?
But the club backed him in this year after working through it. If he continues on like he supposedly did last off season then yeah I’d say the club will be in a position to look at terminating his contract. But as it stands I’d say we would only be looking at a trade if we want him out now.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Ah-Mu? Not For You ❌️

Remove this Banner Ad

Back