Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:

Last edited:
This Pickett to Port thing will be there his whole career, like Pavlich apparently going back to SA.

Its boring
Or Buddy going back to WA.

Sometimes players play well outside of the state that they were born.

Bit weird about Chad Warner wanting to go back to WA, though.

If we're playing hypotheticals – I'd absolutely blow my top if the centrepiece of a Petracca deal was Adam Cerra. BOG average footballer who's injury prone, to top it off.

McKay + picks, or Curnow + less picks the only thing I'd be remotely interested in from them.
TDK, Walsh and Weitering also. Their top end talent is possibly the best in the comp. But even if it got to the stage where Trac is on the trade table, Blues aren't giving up one of these blokes and a top 5 puck. Because that's probably the ball park of what it would take.

TDK, Walsh and Weitering also. Their top end talent is possibly the best in the comp. But even if it got to the stage where Trac is on the trade table, Blues aren't giving up one of these blokes and a top 5 puck. Because that's probably the ball park of what it would take.
Walsh has had a horrible year really, but yeah it’s all academic.

Amazing to see how the club has handled everything. We’re not so much airing our dirty laundry as upending trailers of it on every media doorstep

Walsh has had a horrible year really, but yeah it’s all academic.

Amazing to see how the club has handled everything. We’re not so much airing our dirty laundry as upending trailers of it on every media doorstep
Yeah Walsh has been poor. Had a number of setbacks injury wise as well. Potential top 10 player up and going though. But it's a moot point anyway. Trac contracted would cost every club far too much. Tas would have the picks in a few years. Maybe by then Trac might like the idea if a quiet life in Hobart and we can get a bunch of great picks :)

Thats it!

Tim Lamb
Vince Mcmahon GIF
Angry Season 4 GIF by The Office

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In 2027, our contracted, highly paid midfield will be:
  • A 35-year-old Max Gawn (final year)
  • A 33-year-old Jack Viney (+ one more year)
  • A 31-year-old Christian Petracca (+ two more years)
  • A 30-year-old Clayton Oliver (+ three more years).
I've called for some calm recently, but that's pretty grim.

I've called for some calm recently, but christ that's grim.
Makes you think, doesn’t it?

i'm out game of thrones GIF by Amanda

Makes you think, doesn’t it?

i'm out game of thrones GIF by Amanda'm out game of thrones GIF by Amanda
Looks like we're going to absolutely ride this group into the ground, when our midfield already looks extremely slow compared to the rest of the comp.

What's particularly worrying is that Trac is the only one of those that can play another position. So we're either going to be trotting out dad's army in the middle, or paying some guys a lot of money to play at Casey.

I'm sure Jack and Max's contracts are hardly breaking the bank. They are probably an extra year longer than I initially thought they would have gotten, but looking after loyal servants at the end of their career isn't something I'm concerned about.

Right in time for Tassie to take all the young mids.

Classic Lamb and his primary school level skill of negotiating. Who the **** gives a 30 year old a 4 year contract.

4 more years of kicking it down the line to a contest and bombing it inside 50.

Looks like we're going to absolutely ride this group into the ground, when our midfield already looks extremely slow compared to the rest of the comp.

What's particularly worrying is that Trac is the only one of those that can play another position. So we're either going to be trotting out dad's army in the middle, or paying some guys a lot of money to play at Casey.
We seem to imagine we can Geelong it up for some reason.

We can’t. And this isn’t the way to do it.

Right in time for Tassie to take all the young mids.

Classic Lamb and his primary school level skill of negotiating. Who the **** gives a 30 year old a 4 year contract.

4 more years of kicking it down the line to a contest and bombing it inside 50.
It's pretty clear that we got spooked by the North offer and have opted for 'stability' and 'loyalty' in a time of near-crisis.

Clear as day from the start what he, his manager and probably Todd were doing. We're just dumb enough to fall for it.

We seem to imagine we can Geelong it up for some reason.

We can’t. And this isn’t the way to do it.

Especially with the comp moving away from the contested style of game. Look how garbage Matt Rowell looks these days.

At least Vines sets a great example for the younger group though. I would've said 2027, but whatever. He'll be good for the Casey lads by then because he still won't give an inch.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Ah-Mu? Not For You ❌️

Remove this Banner Ad

Back