List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Pick 9, and big fishes Tom Campbell and Harry Sharp in 🎣🐟, ANB departs to the Crows for Pick 28 😢

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Alex Neal-Bullen (Traded to Adelaide)
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Lachie Hunter (Retired)
  • Adam Tomlinson (Delisted)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)
  • Future First (Traded to Essendon)
  • Future Third (Traded to Adelaide)
  • Picks 40, 54, 65 (Traded to Essendon)
  • Pick 49 (Traded to Brisbane)
Confirmed ins:
  • Tom Campbell (Free Agent from St Kilda)
  • Pick 9 (Traded from Essendon)
  • Harry Sharp (Traded from Brisbane)
  • Future Third (Traded from Brisbane)
On-traded:
  • Pick 28 (from Adelaide, to Essendon)
  • Pick 46 (from Adelaide, to Essendon)
  • Future Third (from Essendon, to Brisbane)

Last edited by a moderator:
why would we fold on Petty. it was pretty clear that was never going to happen. Lamb made it pretty clear that we were not going to entertain anything for Petty.
I never said we would fold on Petty I said that's what Adelaide were hoping for. McAdam was the leverage they were trying to use on us but we called their bluff. There's no way to know that we wouldn't have taken a better deal had one been offered. Everyone has a price. Saying we won't trade him under any circumstances is just posturing.

Bottom line is it's a false premise to say the club 'should have gotten two first rounders for him when they had the chance' when that was never actually offered.

It is a good thing we didn't trade Petty for a pick, especially with Tim Lamb in charge. He would do something moronic like package it with a future 1st and a few 2nd rounders in order to move up one spot.

Yeah plus he didn't even trade Jordon for much at all

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Pretty sure the Jefferson contract is wrong, he signed an extension last year...any others?

Out of Contract, 2024

Adam Tomlinson
Bailey Laurie
Ben Brown
Daniel Turner
Ed Langdon
Jake Bowey
Jed Adams
Joel Smith
Josh Schache
Kyah Farris-White (R)
Lachie Hunter
Matthew Jefferson
Oliver Sestan (R)
Tom McDonald
Tom Sparrow
Will Verrall (R)

Pretty sure the Jefferson contract is wrong, he signed an extension last year...any others?

Out of Contract, 2024

Adam Tomlinson
Bailey Laurie
Ben Brown
Daniel Turner
Ed Langdon
Jake Bowey
Jed Adams
Joel Smith
Josh Schache
Kyah Farris-White (R)
Lachie Hunter
Matthew Jefferson
Oliver Sestan (R)
Tom McDonald
Tom Sparrow
Will Verrall (R)

Geez we've got a lot of crap to clean off the list in the next two years.

Our current OOCs include:
  • Adam Tomlinson
  • Andy Moniz-Wakefield
  • Bailey Laurie
  • Ben Brown
  • Daniel Turner
  • Ed Langdon
  • Jake Melksham
  • Jed Adams
  • Joel Smith
  • Josh Schache
  • Kyah Farris-White
  • Lachie Hunter
  • Marty Hore
  • Ollie Sestan
  • Tom McDonald
  • Tom Sparrow
  • Will Verrall
The Cut is going to be spectacular this year.

A lot can change between now and the end of the season but hard to see the majority of them returning.

Big season for Laurie and Disco. Might get cut, might get a 2 or 3 year deal if they come on.

Hunter no cert to be back. Langdon probably is but wouldn't imagine we'll break the bank for him. Hore might get another 1 year deal if he can stay on the park.

Sparrow I'm very meh on. I'm sure they'll want to bring him back but I really couldn't care and would hope we don't offer him the money another club probably will.

The rest have their work cut out.

• Adam Tomlinson (1 year)
  • Andy Moniz-Wakefield (1-2 years)
  • Bailey Laurie (1-2 years)
  • Ben Brown (delist)
  • Daniel Turner (2 years)
  • Ed Langdon (2-3 years)
  • Jake Melksham (delist)
  • Jed Adams (delist)
  • Joel Smith (delist)
  • Josh Schache (1 year)
  • Kyah Farris-White (delist)
  • Lachie Hunter (1 year)
  • Marty Hore (1-2 years)
  • Ollie Sestan (delist)
  • Tom McDonald (delist)
  • Tom Sparrow (2 years)
  • Will Verrall (2 years)

Half of these are debatable but this is roughly what I’d do at this stage. Dont come at me too hard on Tomlinson and Schache - I’m only proposing an additional year as we don’t have enough depth ready to go in those roles and any more than 7 changes is getting very high.

Key targets to bring in over the next few years are probably a young tall defender and if Petty leaves an experienced tall forward.

I suspect we are going to poach or trade for an existing ruck when Gawn is done.

You could keep going with another small forward, more young mids etc but I think the priorities should be the talls.

Langdon is very clearly one of those dudes who is making a living out of football because he can, and not because he loves the sport or has some silly drive to compete or whatever. Fair enough I guess, but since his concussion he seems very risk-averse and as understandable as that is I don't like seeing f#$@ing pussies in the side.

Langdon is very clearly one of those dudes who is making a living out of football because he can, and not because he loves the sport or has some silly drive to compete or whatever. Fair enough I guess, but since his concussion he seems very risk-averse and as understandable as that is I don't like seeing f#$@ing pussies in the side.
Agree with this.

Really hurts us because he was actually quite tenacious and good 1v1 in 2020 and 2021.

Out of Contract, 2024

Adam Tomlinson
Bailey Laurie
Ben Brown
Daniel Turner
Ed Langdon
Jake Bowey
Jed Adams
Joel Smith
Josh Schache
Kyah Farris-White (R)
Lachie Hunter
Matthew Jefferson
Oliver Sestan (R)
Tom McDonald
Tom Sparrow
Will Verrall (R)

I remember when we drafted Sestan i was so excited about picking up such a great talent so cheaply. Now he's like the Phantom, the ghost who walks. :'(

Out of Contract, 2024

Adam Tomlinson
Bailey Laurie
Ben Brown
Daniel Turner
Ed Langdon
Jake Bowey
Jed Adams
Joel Smith
Josh Schache
Kyah Farris-White (R)
Lachie Hunter
Matthew Jefferson
Oliver Sestan (R)
Tom McDonald
Tom Sparrow
Will Verrall (R)
axe GIF

The cut will be spectacular

(Log in to remove this ad.)

• Adam Tomlinson (1 year)
  • Andy Moniz-Wakefield (1-2 years)
  • Bailey Laurie (1-2 years)
  • Ben Brown (delist)
  • Daniel Turner (2 years)
  • Ed Langdon (2-3 years)
  • Jake Melksham (delist)
  • Jed Adams (delist)
  • Joel Smith (delist)
  • Josh Schache (1 year)
  • Kyah Farris-White (delist)
  • Lachie Hunter (1 year)
  • Marty Hore (1-2 years)
  • Ollie Sestan (delist)
  • Tom McDonald (delist)
  • Tom Sparrow (2 years)
  • Will Verrall (2 years)

Half of these are debatable but this is roughly what I’d do at this stage. Dont come at me too hard on Tomlinson and Schache - I’m only proposing an additional year as we don’t have enough depth ready to go in those roles and any more than 7 changes is getting very high.

Key targets to bring in over the next few years are probably a young tall defender and if Petty leaves an experienced tall forward.

I suspect we are going to poach or trade for an existing ruck when Gawn is done.

You could keep going with another small forward, more young mids etc but I think the priorities should be the talls.

Add Blake Howes to this list. Confident after his display today he isn’t going to make it. Got absolutely slaughtered and offered next to nothing.

Always good to write off a bloke after a debut

Get your point, and I always go back to Petty looking absolutely awful on debut and turning it around, but Howes was terrible yesterday. Hard to envisage him becoming a player right now.

In a practice match no less.
I mean, if he was ever going to look good at AFL level this year a practice game vs an undermanned Richmond would be the place to show something. Don't think I've ever seen a kid who's been on the list for 3 preseasons turn around that sort of performance and save his best for when the real stuff starts.

Having said all that, yes I would expect a better performance by Howes in the next practice game, purely on the basis that it can't be much worse.

Yeah Howes looked garbage but our team defense was mind-bogglingly bad on Sunday.

Wouldn't be judging any young players in defence on that day, the ball was coming in with zero pressure on it and our defensive structure was non existent - pretty easy to get lost in transition

I mean, if he was ever going to look good at AFL level this year a practice game vs an undermanned Richmond would be the place to show something. Don't think I've ever seen a kid who's been on the list for 3 preseasons turn around that sort of performance and save his best for when the real stuff starts.

Having said all that, yes I would expect a better performance by Howes in the next practice game, purely on the basis that it can't be much worse.

Exactly - it's fair to say you thought Howes was super disappointing but it's so OTT and premature to run a line through someone this early.

It is a good thing we didn't trade Petty for a pick, especially with Tim Lamb in charge. He would do something moronic like package it with a future 1st and a few 2nd rounders in order to move up one spot.
Watch "The Draft" with Kevin Costner and see how you engineer a killer trade.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Pick 9, and big fishes Tom Campbell and Harry Sharp in 🎣🐟, ANB departs to the Crows for Pick 28 😢

Remove this Banner Ad

Back