Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:

Last edited:
Media has already said that’s gone cold though? I get he might change his mind again but as of right now he’s linked elsewhere.
Personally I think Melbourne is still the front runner for him but he may have widened his options maybe.

I just have a feeling we'll be active this trade and free agency period, and not with Billings and Hunter types, so perhaps we're trying to move the budget around a bit?

We've been linked to a few already, with Houston, Waterman, Edwards and Cummings all spoken of for us.

Definitely surprises at the length of JV and Max's new deals. Can see a Ben Brown situation for both of them in their final years for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Personally I think Melbourne is still the front runner for him but he may have widened his options maybe.

I just have a feeling we'll be active this trade and free agency period, and not with Billings and Hunter types, so perhaps we're trying to move the budget around a bit?

We've been linked to a few already, with Houston, Waterman, Edwards and Cummings all spoken of for us.
I'm with you on this. 2 of the most loyal and least likely players to leave being signed up early and longer than expected just sounds like freeing up cap space.

Longer deal should = less money on a per year basis

Disagree. I have a feeling that extending out both Viney and Gawn not long before the trade and free agency period is a way to spread out their current deals and free up cap space for players we may have incoming.

If so, good business IMO.

You are giving Lamb way too much credit here

This is where I wish the AFL would just go NBA style and allow contract $'s to be shared. Always a lot of speculation and guessing on what the total and per year figures are. Some get leaked pretty much spot on while others stay as a ballpark doesn't seem fair.

Hard to properly judge a contract without knowing the $ amounts.

Greeny needs to shut his mouth big time and focus on doing whatever the he'll he's paid to do.

He is every part of the reason our joint is a shamble under Roffey and the boards watch.
Board members are unpaid positions aren't they?

Greeny needs to shut his mouth big time and focus on doing whatever the he'll he's paid to do.

He is every part of the reason our joint is a shamble under Roffey and the boards watch.
I liked it. Every prick is using us as easy clickbait. Basically making it up, so had a dig back. Every team is constantly checking around the league on a huge amount of players.

What you say makes sense but are we even linked with anyone worth paying now?
We've been linked with a heap of players and there's probably more to come. What difference does it make if it hasn't come out in the media in mid August?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Morris never said Viney was considering a move. Simply reported that North were keen on him, which was confirmed by Clarko.

Morris also reported that an extension was on the cards.

Honestly, it's silly how people's opinion of media reports hinges on whether they like it or not. Let's at least be factual if we're critiquing others of making stuff up.

Hmm. Never said he's considering it hey.

Glass half full - last 2 premiers had pretty old set of star players.

Ruckman tend to come on later but hold up pretty well into their 30's. Especially the good ones.

Trac could easily still be in peak form at 31 but ability to rest forward sees him being able to go to 35

Viney I think can transition more forward and get longevity out of that.

Oliver is a huge ? In general but 30 is hardly over the hill if he turns it around.

Pendles, Boak, Zorko and Dangerfield are all around 35 and going pretty good still. Lachie Neale is 31 and still red hot for Brownlow.
Glass not full of Melbourne shit, Richmond thought they could keep winning flags with 10-12 premiership players past their prime and their clubs an absolute mess now.
None of our star players outside of Pickett are better now than they were in 21

Last edited:
What you say makes sense but are we even linked with anyone worth paying now?
Pretty sure the wage spread guys said the same about Oliver and Trac when they signed and we didn't do shit with the money, we traded out Grundy and didn't do shit with the money

This has been happening since the flag, players have been bending us over in the office and taking advantage of us.
Trac Oliver and Brayshaw did it, the extensions for Viney and Gawn are insane but sure kulture and all that shit.

Absolutely insane, Viney not even best 22 next year arguably and we've given him 4 years 😂

Pretty sure the wage spread guys said the same about Oliver and Trac when they signed and we didn't do shit with the money, we traded out Grundy and didn't do shit with the money

I don’t think our cap is that tight we need to spread cash by an extra 2 or so years.

We haven’t spent cash from Jackson, Hibberd, Brayshaw or Harmes yet

Then there’s also Tomlinson, Melksham, Tmac, BBB, Schache and ANB who will give us more cash

Note I skipped the discount players Bedford, Jordan, Dunstan, Hunt ect as they just offset the incoming rejects we got.

This has been happening since the flag, players have been bending us over in the office and taking advantage of us.
Trac Oliver and Brayshaw did it, the extensions for Viney and Gawn are insane but sure kulture and all that shit.

Absolutely insane, Viney not even best 22 next year arguably and we've given him 4 years 😂

He will be best 22 as we will have **** all else talent come in most likely.

You've got your head right jammed up inside your ass if you think this is salary cap related and just a mega coincidence they both resigned long term in the wake of the media coming after the club
Yep, screams lets sign some guys quick so the media and fans leave us alone. Lot of the powers that be worried they might get highlighted for doing the shit job they are.

Yep, screams lets sign some guys quick so the media and fans leave us alone. Lot of the powers that be worried they might get highlighted for doing the shit job they are.
Nah obviously part of our long term plan to lower wages and spread them out and absolutely nothing to do with the rumoured discontent.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Ah-Mu? Not For You ❌️

Remove this Banner Ad

Back