Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:

Last edited:
Glass not full of Melbourne shit, Richmond thought they could keep winning flags with 10-12 premiership players past their prime and their clubs an absolute mess now.
None of our star players outside of Pickett are better now than they were in 21
Melbourne shit you say. Powers thumbs. Jesus you two are like Batman and robin 1970’s style, with underpants wearing on the outside

I would have been satisfied if we traded Oliver at the end of 2023 and I'm the same way with Petracca now, if he wants out and we can get some juicy picks just do it. With Tassie coming the time is now to get talent. This group already pissed away their prime the past few seasons. Cant see how in 2025 they'll magically be better again

Melbourne shit you say. Powers thumbs. Jesus you two are like Batman and robin 1970’s style, with underpants wearing on the outside
Regular Season Wtf GIF by NBA

Has anyone seen Gus? Not suggesting anything sinister, just haven't heard or seen him. I thought he was given an off field role? Has he been doing that? Or has he quietly just slipped off into obscurity?

Has anyone seen Gus? Not suggesting anything sinister, just haven't heard or seen him. I thought he was given an off field role? Has he been doing that? Or has he quietly just slipped off into obscurity?
Think he did it for one game and immediately realised it wasn't something he was ready for. Not sure what he's been up to since. Probably enjoying a well-earned break.

I would have been satisfied if we traded Oliver at the end of 2023 and I'm the same way with Petracca now, if he wants out and we can get some juicy picks just do it. With Tassie coming the time is now to get talent. This group already pissed away their prime the past few seasons. Cant see how in 2025 they'll magically be better again
Agree BG32. Trac wanted to go but wanted to go to a big club so what do you do there with no good trade back? Clarry stocks too low to trade. Hes won the afl coaches award 2 years in a row not long ago.
We’ve always played a better style of football but are alike but I hope we’re like a better port. Boke and Ollie aging and we can get a couple of rossies and butters to come through. That’s where I see we could be. It doesn’t need to be all in like some of the dramatises bang on here. So it’s a Trac and oliver supporting two or 3 midfielders coming through which could be a rivers, Judd and another top recruit or trade.

Think he did it for one game and immediately realised it wasn't something he was ready for. Not sure what he's been up to since. Probably enjoying a well-earned break.
I think he had a bigger presence around the club than i realised. Kind of weird not seeing him around. Probably a loss for Trac too as they are close mates. Can see Gus in the media. Wouldn't be surprised to see him pop up on TV or radio.

Old mate doesn't understand the premise that to get Rozee Butters and Duursma in one draft they traded out a former AA who was fading called Chad Wingard.

Can't think of any fading former AAs we could get value out of on our list 🤔

Pretty much all his Melbourne goss is on the money. Someone in the club is singing like a canary.
Whatever you think of Morris, he does tend to have good mail especially when it comes to MFC.

Tom Morris had some sort of position at MFC and allegedly used information he got from that position to further his media career. Jesse Hogan had some pot shots at Morris on Twitter about it.

I think that finished up circa 2018 so you’re looking at players who were at the club then who may be particularly close with Morris. It’s a pretty long list. It could even be a Harmes or someone like that who still has close friends at the club and hears second hand the current goings on.

The other side is it’s really easy for a disgruntled player who doesn’t feel they are being heard to get their concerns aired via a journo. Even one without a close tie to Morris would know Morris will definitely run with whatever they tell him.

The speculation will continue until we get some clarification from the club and Petracca himself. Simon Goodwin coming out saying Petracca isn't going anywhere and will see out his five year contract doesn't mean anything. We all know bullshit is a second language in footy. We also know contracted play doesn't mean they can't get traded, even if it is a long term.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hmm. Never said he's considering it hey.

Ok, that's fair Morris said "the fact that he's even considering it" while also saying he doesn't think he'll leave and is close to signing an extension.

You said Morris said: "seriously considering a move to Norf and was a big chance lo leave". He didn't say that, at all.

From what I heard, he initially had some issues physically around being in loud places, but in the end he decided he didn't want to be around footy for a while, found it too painful at the moment. Was going to head over to the UK at one stage but not sure if he ended up doing that. Has plenty of study and opportunities with his Dad's multiple businesses so my guess would be he's keeping distracted/busy with that kinda stuff.

Ah yes, we're giving out long extensions to veterans not because of the logical move of restructuring our cap for incoming acquisitions and what we now know about Gus' contract, but because the media were being mean. Makes total sense. I've missed BigFooty emotional logic.

Ok, that's fair Morris said "the fact that he's even considering it" while also saying he doesn't think he'll leave and is close to signing an extension.

You said Morris said: "seriously considering a move to Norf and was a big chance lo leave". He didn't say that, at all.
Cmon mate. He's said it multiple times on radio. You had a crack and said he never said he's considering it, which is false. Read the thousands of comments on the guy. He's not liked or respected. You don't have to agree with me, that's fine, but he's said multiple times Viney was considering the Norf offer.

Cmon mate. He's said it multiple times on radio. You had a crack and said he never said he's considering it, which is false. Read the thousands of comments on the guy. He's not liked or respected. You don't have to agree with me, that's fine, but he's said multiple times Viney was considering the Norf offer.
Mate, I just said fair enough he did say "considering it". But you quoted Morris as saying "highly likely to leave". He never said that.

I don't like him. At all. Something really swarmy and sleazy about him and he's a try hard - BUT he does get a lot right. I'm able to separate those two things.

You're getting hung up on that part when there was obviously a story there. Even Viney played into it after the game on Saturday with the whole 'We'll see how it all plays out'

Mate, I just said fair enough he did say "considering it". But you quoted Morris as saying "highly likely to leave". He never said that.

I don't like him. At all. Something really swarmy and sleazy about him and he's a try hard - BUT he does get a lot right. I'm able to separate those two things.
Lol. OK mate. His hit rate is terrible. You can love him, that's your right. I'll sit on the can't stand the guy side. Clearly got the Viney thing wrong. Has pushed the Trac and culture agenda at MFC thing he's obviously got an agenda. Same with Dogs. Ask Dogs fans what they think of the guy. But hey, clearly a lot on here love him.

Lol. OK mate. His hit rate is terrible. You can love him, that's your right. I'll sit on the can't stand the guy side. Clearly got the Viney thing wrong. Has pushed the Trac and culture agenda at MFC thing he's obviously got an agenda. Same with Dogs. Ask Dogs fans what they think of the guy. But hey, clearly a lot on here love him.
Not very good with accurately quoting are you...

Old mate doesn't understand the premise that to get Rozee Butters and Duursma in one draft they traded out a former AA who was fading called Chad Wingard.

Can't think of any fading former AAs we could get value out of on our list 🤔
Pick 5, 13 and 18 they had that year - was hardly a war chest.

It was a pretty strong draft too at the top end with King twins, Walsh, Rankine, etc. Talent dropped away heavily beyond first round.

Rozee was a fringe top 10 prospect and Butters late first round (Duursma 2nd rnd on). Almost felt like they reached a little for all 3 but worked out well.

For those wondering, we had no 1st round and lit it up with Sparrow at 27, Jordan at 33, Nietzsche 53, Hore 56 and Bedford as NGA with last pick. McInerney at 44 and Shultz at 57 were only real notable picks after ours (that weren't academy, father son etc).

We still have hope. Deeper more even draft. I think we are likely to trade out our 2025 first for another pick this year. Maybe we split a 1st rounder and drop back to 2 mid/late 1sts. Hoping anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Ah-Mu? Not For You ❌️

Remove this Banner Ad

Back