List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Cats have offered 700k. So highest bidder most likely will need to cough up 800k plus. Ridiculous for a sneaky forward who's had off field issues.
Damn - he’d be better suited to us than McAdam, but the last thing we need right now is another risky long term contract on our books.

Sounds like Tyson Stengel is going to shop himself around to the highest bidder at the end of the year.

All Australian forward pocket who hits the score board.

Could we have a go at him perhaps?
I think were reasonably well off for small forwards.

However i reckon the stories around Josh Battle, i like. We should throw all at him, to get him over to the Demons lineup.

And I would be trading Oli out, for another mid.

Start our pack afresh, from next season.

West Coast, Roos, Crows or Saints; might be willing to have a go at Oli.
Each have early Rnd 1 picks available.

Gold coast and Freo are well endowed with multiple Rnd 1 picks, as well.

He's a gun but it depends on where our cap is at.

Can't say no to gun forwards if we can get him with just $$$ but also don't want to stuff our cap when we should be looking at a list re-generation/re-build.
Small forwards are the icing on a cake. We are more in the engine room reco. Together with tall backs.

Could see Essendon throwing some money at him. Probably have some to give and are on the verge of pushing hard for sustained finals.
By all reports, we may have small quick smalls coming along in 12 months time.?

No need right now for this type, and stuff our potential salary cap space for coming seasons... to add some real meat and potatoes key players over the next 24 - 30 months.

Last edited:
By all reports, we may have small quick smalls coming along in 12 months time.?

No need right now for this type, and stuff our potential salary cap space for coming seasons... to add some real meat and potatoes key players over the next 24 - 30 months.
Who are the quick smalls coming our way?

Actually liking the idea by a few posters of trying to lure Finn Callaghan. Although, not sure how we’d get him.

Not sure on this bloke. Probably not enough exposure at senior level yet. Reads the ball pretty well. Good intercept mark down back, but probably not big enough to play on the dominant key forwards. Definitely not sold on him as a forward. Maybe it will take time and we're trying him in the F50 because we have minimal options. Due to lack of decent talls on our list, maybe a 2 year contract?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure on this bloke. Probably not enough exposure at senior level yet. Reads the ball pretty well. Good intercept mark down back, but probably not big enough to play on the dominant key forwards. Definitely not sold on him as a forward. Maybe it will take time and we're trying him in the F50 because we have minimal options. Due to lack of decent talls on our list, maybe a 2 year contract?
IMO he will be a good replacement for Lever in 3-4 years. That's the role for him I reckon.

IMO he will be a good replacement for Lever in 3-4 years. That's the role for him I reckon.
Yeah, I kind of agree. Similar attributes. But what do we do with him in the mean time? Can we play both in defence? Both like playing the loose man. He's not a forward.

Has Turner even shown he's much of a defender? He hasn't really had much of a go of it there either. At this stage he's just another one of our NQR players we are desperately throwing around into our area of need.

Has Turner even shown he's much of a defender? He hasn't really had much of a go of it there either. At this stage he's just another one of our NQR players we are desperately throwing around into our area of need.
Yeah not sure how you'd pen him in years from now.

Actually liking the idea by a few posters of trying to lure Finn Callaghan. Although, not sure how we’d get him.

Finn is already being paid in the $800k+ range and I doubt he will move. You would need to be offer $1M+ and GWS will be after significant assets to let him go.

Finn is paid well as he is viewed as a future captain and that the Bulldogs tried to get him last year. That is why GWS decided to pay him well above market rates.

You guys should be after Battle, Bailey Smith and Stengel.

Finn is already being paid in the $800k+ range and I doubt he will move. You would need to be offer $1M+ and GWS will be after significant assets to let him go.

Finn is paid well as he is viewed as a future captain and that the Bulldogs tried to get him last year. That is why GWS decided to pay him well above market rates.

You guys should be after Battle, Bailey Smith and Stengel.
Josh Battle and Tyson Stengle absolutely we should. Bailey Smith probably will go to the Hawks, Cats or Roos.

Stengle ain't leaving Geelong it's a stupid rumour. Clearly just his manager trying to get a pay increase.
Youre wrong, hes absolutely leaving Geelong to come to the Dees. We are getting everyone in this years trade period, STILL a destination club.

Youre wrong, hes absolutely leaving Geelong to come to the Dees. We are getting everyone in this years trade period, STILL a destination club.
Imagine how many goals he won't kick in this team! All the Oliver dump kicks and forwards crowding his space! His manager probably already signed the contract with us on his behalf.

Don't be silly. We can't give our future fourth to everyone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back