List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I haven't seen enough of him. Why is he so bad that no one will touch him?
He's the prototype midfielder for a team wanting to build their midfield to challenge for the 1967 flag

No exposed form at AFL level
Small
Slow
No secondary position other than inside mid which he doesn't seem to be much good at to begin with

You'd be better off taking a punt on some kid on the 3rd round of the draft

He's the prototype midfielder for a team wanting to build their midfield to challenge for the 1967 flag

No exposed form at AFL level
Small
Slow
No secondary position other than inside mid which he doesn't seem to be much good at to begin with

You'd be better off taking a punt on some kid on the 3rd round of the draft
Yeah right. Wowee. And he went 3rd in a draft!? Is LDU worth pursuing? How much would it cost to shake him loose? I really don't watch Norf enough to see if there players are any good.

Geez the swans are laughing at the value they got for Grundy. Ideal fit for them, cost stuff all as a trade and just about playing career best footy.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Yeah we got him for good value too. But we had a 6 x AA ruckman. They are definitely getting maximum value out of him.

Yeah we got him for good value too. But we had a 6 x AA ruckman. They are definitely getting maximum value out of him.

I hated his recruitment from the start but you're right, it didn't cost us heaps. But recruiting him just made us tread water for a year imo.

I hated his recruitment from the start but you're right, it didn't cost us heaps. But recruiting him just made us tread water for a year imo.

The arrogance of Goodwin. "yeah lets just get him in the door then figure it out later". Was never going to work under the least innovative coach of all time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imo they need to ditch the discount for father/son and academies (I don't even get the point of the discount it should really be a premium) and force clubs to pay for high ranked players with at least 1 pick within the same band as the nomination or within a certain number of picks.

Stop letting clubs bundle up a bunch of third rounders to pick a top 5 player.

Probably my biggest gripe about AFL.

Being able to climb up the draft ladder for elite talent is enough kiss on the dick but AFL whack a nice 20% off sticker on the purchase as well, makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Probably my biggest gripe about AFL.

Being able to climb up the draft ladder for elite talent is enough kiss on the dick but AFL whack a nice 20% off sticker on the purchase as well, makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.
A premium would make much more sense. Like if you really like this kid you get priority to them but you've got to pay a tax.

Would also discourage teams with a high pick from trading back because they know they're guaranteed the kid either way.

Imo they need to ditch the discount for father/son and academies (I don't even get the point of the discount it should really be a premium) and force clubs to pay for high ranked players with at least 1 pick within the same band as the nomination or within a certain number of picks.

Yep. Has to change. Suns have a multitude of top end talent in their academy. It had to change, and that meant the AFL had to change the father/son rules also which is fair.

Correct me if I’m wrong but it seems the clubs were expecting these proposals for next year , seems like the AFL has sprung it on them for this season . AFL sure likes making shit up on the run .

Just get rid of the draft. Put the onus on clubs to develop and recruit juniors, similar to the NRL.

This will solve the F/S and NGA chicanery, the bullshit that happens with free agent compensation and removes incentive for tanking.

The salary cap will ensure competitiveness between clubs.

Correct me if I’m wrong but it seems the clubs were expecting these proposals for next year , seems like the AFL has sprung it on them for this season . AFL sure likes making shit up on the run .
World's smallest violin playing for the clubs who wanted to rort the system for an extra year.

Just get rid of the draft. Put the onus on clubs to develop and recruit juniors, similar to the NRL.

This will solve the F/S and NGA chicanery, the bullshit that happens with free agent compensation and removes incentive for tanking.

The salary cap will ensure competitiveness between clubs.
That's just the zoning system again.

Blues fans seem to be the most offended as they have a couple coming through this year. Reality is that this should have been sorted years ago. The AFL have NFI what they're doing most of the time. I mean they let Dogs get JUH at #1 with bottom end picks, then tell us the next season we can't take Mac Andrew unless he does over pick 40 or something! I mean how is any of this fair? It all just seems made up on the run. Like the rules. When i actually sit down to watch a full game these days, i don't even know the rules anymore. Changes constantly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back