List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Josh Battle has played too many AFL games this season for us to be interested.

Tim lamb only likes plodders and out-of-favour chumps that no club wants to take punt on.

Our big fish will be some list clogger like Will Brodie.

We will also lose one of our reserves what we have under utilised, and he will play a valuable role in a side that makes at least the preliminary final next year. I nominate Tomlinson.

Who are the quick smalls coming our way?
Davey boys are likely, plus i think others.?

But the smalls are limited in positions and are the icing.
When we require to refit our engine room, and key backs. We bat way too shallow within our engine room.
Once upon a time 2 AA mids plus Maxy was all she needed. And we thrived whilst in our heydays.

But now oppositions have at least 5 top quality mids (see swans) pies, then the blues, suns, giants.

Our opponents have worked out how to play against our mids, to weaken they're output.

Hopefully Turner will return to his rightful position in the backline at some point.
I sense turner plays a bit small as an intercept type, a virtual replacement for Hibbo/Lever.
I don't see him being a player for bigger bodied power-forwards.

I think this is why we've been associated with Battle conversations. I like the Battle idea.

Yeah, I kind of agree. Similar attributes. But what do we do with him in the mean time? Can we play both in defence? Both like playing the loose man. He's not a forward.

Probably don't have to do much with him in the mean time tbh. 21 year old former midseason pick, he can be depth while he develops and then we'll see where he's at from there. We don't have to be in a rush to call him a spud like some others, and we don't have to overrate him either. Wait and see.

Start again, stock pile draft picks and flog off Salem, Fritsch, Sparrow and Oliver for a couple of 2nd rounders.

If the best we can bring in is Hunter or Billings during our flag window, we ain’t bringing in anyone now that we are dropping and have shown to disrespect talent like we did Grundy.

Our only hope is to try stockpile before Tassie as we ain’t getting talent in any other way.

The interesting thing with Battle is that he was originally drafted as a forward. So Goody will have another defender to throw forward. Except this one has actually played there before.

To be fair, probably every defender on our list has played forward before with Goody/Stafford at the helm

To be fair, probably every defender on our list has played forward before with Goody/Stafford at the helm

I must've missed the match where we started Jake Lever, Steven May and Neville Jetta in our forward-line.

Start again, stock pile draft picks and flog off Salem, Fritsch, Sparrow and Oliver for a couple of 2nd rounders.

If the best we can bring in is Hunter or Billings during our flag window, we ain’t bringing in anyone now that we are dropping and have shown to disrespect talent like we did Grundy.

Our only hope is to try stockpile before Tassie as we ain’t getting talent in any other way.
Not sure how easy it’s going to be to get early picks at this point - plenty of sides will be conscious of Tassie hitting the draft in 2 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jetta played as a forward when he started but then stagnated in the VFL for years without any real position. Roos made him a defender and that's where he played most of his AFL career. Not really sure what his time as a forward has to do with Goodwin or Stafford.

Yeah started as a forward and showed a little bit in the Bailey era

Neeld, era. Say no more

Roos 2014 era onwards had a resurgence. Played the first couple rounds of 21 like Pedersen did in 2018 but similar you could see he was getting past it

So now that Harrison Petty has lit up the MCG on a packed Saturday Night Blockbuster, how much do we have to pay Adelaide to take him?

Pay Josh Treacy whatever he wants. Takes big marks and hunts people at ground level. Plays on angry pills. Lots of fun to watch and would actually do okay with our bomb it in gamestyle.

Pay Josh Treacy whatever he wants. Takes big marks and hunts people at ground level. Plays on angry pills. Lots of fun to watch and would actually do okay with our bomb it in gamestyle.
Under contract for another 2 years my Freo supporting mate told me.

He wouldn't be on much - just offer him Gus/Grundys money or whatever. He's from Vic. 850k would make him think about it. Do the same the Crows did to contracted Petty. Take him golfing or whatever these dickheads like doing
You'd need to offer something pretty good to get the Dockers to let Treacy go after the year hes had I reckon. Not sure we should be trading picks right now. If he was OOC different story and I agree, go after him hard.

You'd need to offer something pretty good to get the Dockers to let Treacy go after the year hes had I reckon. Not sure we should be trading picks right now. If he was OOC different story and I agree, go after him hard.
Yeah we need to rebuild the midfield and we need good picks for that.

He wouldn't be on much - just offer him Gus/Grundys money or whatever. He's from Vic. 850k would make him think about it. Do the same the Crows did to contracted Petty. Take him golfing or whatever these dickheads like doing

Flog off Fritsch to Freo for him

In our position, the only type of player I'd be willing to stump up bulk picks for would be someone like Finn Callaghan (as he's only 21, can play inside and outside, and has great skills and pace).

Otherwise, hold the picks at all costs as they're going to be juicy for a couple of years. No burning picks on luxury older players unless Goodwin is gone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back