Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:

Last edited:
Oliver should be out for the year, get whatever hand/shoulder surgeries he needs and told that he’s only starting next year if he shows that he’s in the top 5 tacklers in the club during the pre-season.

At the moment he is probably the worst tackler in the league.

Until and unless he regains anything close to his best he is only worth a spot in the team if he’s playing the in and under role, dishing out handballs that actually go to a teammate and laying 8-10 proper tackles a game.

Oliver should be out for the year, get whatever hand/shoulder surgeries he needs and told that he’s only starting next year if he shows that he’s in the top 5 tacklers in the club during the pre-season.

Until and unless he regains anything close to his best he is only worth a spot in the team if he’s playing the in and under role, dishing out handballs that actually go to a teammate and laying 8-10 proper tackles a game.
I’d set him a weight limit and some running targets too.

Peak Oliver was a contested ball beast and ferocious tackler. 2nd, 3rd efforts. He had a never say die attitude in the last QTR.

Team mates would always comment on how much he hated losing and could push himself beyond exhaustion late in quarters and games. It made him nearly untagable. How the mighty have fallen.

Peak Oliver was a contested ball beast and ferocious tackler. 2nd, 3rd efforts. He had a never say die attitude in the last QTR.

Team mates would always comment on how much he hated losing and could push himself beyond exhaustion late in quarters and games. It made him nearly untagable. How the mighty have fallen.
Was watching some highlights from 2017 a few weeks ago (when we were actually fun to watch)... 3:49 below....where has that guy gone?

Was watching some highlights from 2017 a few weeks ago (when we were actually fun to watch)... 3:49 below....where has that guy gone?

He's still there just 15kgs heavier.
Even look at the GF highlights, he's insanely fat compared to then

Watch his first ever game. He's very raw and even more unfit than he is now but you can see his relentless pursuit of the ball and competitiveness. He put in an effort for about three weeks at the start of the season and has completely stopped caring since.

He's still there just 15kgs heavier.
Even look at the GF highlights, he's insanely fat compared to then
I miss the in and under handball happy giving it off to outside users guy, sick of the slap it on me boot to no one guy

I miss the in and under handball happy giving it off to outside users guy, sick of the slap it on me boot to no one guy
This game is traumatic but shows off his handballing. Was so much more dangerous.

I pine for the days we had a shit backline and were forced to take risks trying to score, bring back the diamond defence! Where we sent half backs streaming off the back of the square at centre bounces and Oliver would handball it out to them rushing forward. Love seeing outside the box coaching like this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

These Oliver highlights go to show that it’s easy to forget how good he was when he churns out rubbish like he has this year.

Effort, intensity and fitness are everything, even for the top 5% of players.

That’s why our list has so much potential still, so many good players going through the motions.

Pert going to put out a press release to say Petracca won’t be traded.

Classic club too afraid to take any risks.
I sort of agree with you coz I dont think we are winning another flag with this group, would be nice to reset everything and start over. However, trading away one of your two most popular players within the fanbase not to mention probably your most professional in terms of preparation and leaving the rest of these clowns we have to teach some kids the ropes is just asking for trouble.

I like LarryDavidNeitz plan best. **** everyone else off and see what some fresh faces with modern ideas on how to play football can do.

We absolutely should have traded Oliver last year when we had the chance though, I said then we only get one shot at getting something decent back for him and that time has now passed.

Last edited:
LETTER TO MEMBERS FROM CEO

Dear Members,

Following the media speculation last night regarding Christian Petracca, I want to take the opportunity to provide clarity to you all.

Christian is an integral and much-loved member of the Melbourne Football Club. He is a key pillar of our club’s future, and we value him immensely, not only as a player, but as a person and a leader.

He has been an important member of our football program since he walked through the doors in 2014 and is contracted until the end of the 2029 season. He will remain in the red and blue until at least the end of his contract and hopefully beyond.

Following his season-ending injury in June, Christian is still very much in a recovery and rehabilitation period and his health and well-being remain the club’s priority. He recently spent some time away in Noosa with his fiancé Bella, and I know staff, players, coaches and our supporters were thrilled to see him back at the club late last week as he commenced some very light training.

As we approach the end of the season, we have commenced discussions with a cross section of players, coaches and staff within our football program to discuss the improvements we need to make to return to the level we expect from our AFL program.

The 2024 season has been disappointing for us all and we must quickly turn our attention to what is required moving forward, both on and off the field, to ensure we climb back up the ladder.

A key part of this process is openly discussing any opportunities we identify where we can seek to improve. Over recent weeks there have been conversations with many of our leaders, Christian included, about our opportunities for growth. These conversations have been open and constructive, with the purpose of ensuring that together we achieve the success we know our AFL program is capable of.

Conversations like these are a regular part of footy and will continue over the next few weeks, as we map out a clear path towards ensuring our AFL program is back in finals contention in 2025.

Importantly, this process starts now, and Goody, Max and the entire football program look forward to finishing the season strongly and playing a brand of footy that makes you, our members, proud over the coming two weeks.

LETTER TO MEMBERS FROM CEO

Dear Members,

Following the media speculation last night regarding Christian Petracca, I want to take the opportunity to provide clarity to you all.

Christian is an integral and much-loved member of the Melbourne Football Club. He is a key pillar of our club’s future, and we value him immensely, not only as a player, but as a person and a leader.

He has been an important member of our football program since he walked through the doors in 2014 and is contracted until the end of the 2029 season. He will remain in the red and blue until at least the end of his contract and hopefully beyond.

Following his season-ending injury in June, Christian is still very much in a recovery and rehabilitation period and his health and well-being remain the club’s priority. He recently spent some time away in Noosa with his fiancé Bella, and I know staff, players, coaches and our supporters were thrilled to see him back at the club late last week as he commenced some very light training.

As we approach the end of the season, we have commenced discussions with a cross section of players, coaches and staff within our football program to discuss the improvements we need to make to return to the level we expect from our AFL program.

The 2024 season has been disappointing for us all and we must quickly turn our attention to what is required moving forward, both on and off the field, to ensure we climb back up the ladder.

A key part of this process is openly discussing any opportunities we identify where we can seek to improve. Over recent weeks there have been conversations with many of our leaders, Christian included, about our opportunities for growth. These conversations have been open and constructive, with the purpose of ensuring that together we achieve the success we know our AFL program is capable of.

Conversations like these are a regular part of footy and will continue over the next few weeks, as we map out a clear path towards ensuring our AFL program is back in finals contention in 2025.

Importantly, this process starts now, and Goody, Max and the entire football program look forward to finishing the season strongly and playing a brand of footy that makes you, our members, proud over the coming two weeks.

It's giving "the coach has full support of the board" vibes.

The statement also doesn't deny that Trac is frustrated with the direction of the club or that other players are too.

It might as well be an admission of the discontent.

These bits are very telling.

Such a nothing statement.

Didn't address the fact that Petracca is disgruntled and why.
Don't have an issue with the club not airing dirty laundry publicly. Did enough of that last year. All the stuff about conversations happening behind the scenes was all but an admission that the club is aware of the issues and trying to fix them. From that statement I would lean towards the issues stemming from performance and poor results.

Don't have an issue with the club not airing dirty laundry publicly. Did enough of that last year. All the stuff about conversations happening behind the scenes was all but an admission that the club is aware of the issues and trying to fix them. From that statement I would lean towards the issues stemming from performance and poor results.

It’s a nothing statement really. It’s as bad as Goodwin saying we are getting learnings each week and seeing us kick down the line again and again, and again and again and again to be 14th in points for. Year after year issue while playing the same 3 blokes as midfielders which it sounds like we want to persist with by holding them to contracts.

If we really wanted to fix things we would flog 1-2 of them off to change up things. But nope, let’s hold them to contracts and continue with more of the same in 2025.

Wouldn’t be suprised if he used chatGPT to write it.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread 🗑🔥

Remove this Banner Ad

Back