Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:

Last edited:
It's giving "the coach has full support of the board" vibes.

Chiming in as a North fan who would love us to pursure Petracca;

That is absolutely the kind of statement the Demons should make. If nothing else it ensures that any potential trade of Petracca maximises his value.

If the club accepts and acknowledges that Petracca wants out, then his value on the trade market diminishes as all suitors know that he's leaving.

Melbourne absolutely should play hardball, no matter what.

Will be interesting to see what eventuates over the coming months.

Chiming in as a North fan who would love us to pursure Petracca;

That is absolutely the kind of statement the Demons should make. If nothing else it ensures that any potential trade of Petracca maximises his value.

If the club accepts and acknowledges that Petracca wants out, then his value on the trade market diminishes as all suitors know that he's leaving.

Melbourne absolutely should play hardball, no matter what.

Will be interesting to see what eventuates over the coming months.

I don't think any of us really expected the club to say anything different tbh.

Love how this club will bend over backwards to ensure nothing dramatic changes list wise.

Last season we held Oliver and Petty to contract and that turned to shit.

This year we are holding Petracca to his contract.

How the **** is anything going to change with these flogs wanting to continue doing what is currently failing.

Feels like the least work possible = path taken.

Love how this club will bend over backwards to ensure nothing dramatic changes list wise.

Last season we held Oliver and Petty to contract and that turned to shit.

This year we are holding Petracca to his contract.

How the **** is anything going to change with these flogs wanting to continue doing what is currently failing.

Feels like the least work possible = path taken.
Petracca's not the sort of player you trade. You get rid of everybody else first.

I agree we need change across the board (as I've said repeatedly) but trading for the sake of trading (as you ask for every single year) seldom works out well.

My god I love North fans, I really do.
The balls to even dream they can land someone like Christian Petracca, lmao.

My god I love North fans, I really do.
The balls to even dream they can land someone like Christian Petracca, lmao.
It gets better 😂

What if it was pick 2, 22 and F1 for Trac, Kossi and pick 6. We could take Armstrong or Trainor and our rebuild complete. Melbourne get a huge head start on their rebuild pre Tassie. We'd have to be pretty sure of getting at least 4 high quality years out of Trac.

So basically a future first rounder, pick 22 and a four pick upgrade for the two most valuable players on our list. Where do I sign?

The whole thing is reminding me of the NBA where a star player can vocally come out with a "make the team better or I'm out" type statements.

I don't mind it really, better then just going through the motions and gives the club more impetus to be more ballsy, take more risks come trade and draft time.

We are in no man's land. 2 years from compromised drafts. Not enough time to fully rebuild. We either get bold at the trade table and use it to bring in players that allow us to play a more modern/attacking style or use it to load up and draft those players (or combination).

We have so many contested bulls and one paced players. Some teams are screaming out for a player like that to get it out to their other mids. We need those other mids. We have some many defenders that again other teams need, use them to bring in natural forwards so our natural defenders can play in bloody defense!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Throw in Jaidyn Stephenson and it's a deal!!!!

So basically a future first rounder, pick 22 and a four pick upgrade for the two most valuable players on our list. Where do I sign?
Can we send a counter? Sparrow (The reject shop Petracca) for Larkey

No offense, but Larkey can’t take a contested mark to safe himself, don’t see him fitting your “game style”.
We are trading Goody for Ken Hinkley, havent you heard?

I got shut down last off season when I said we should trade Oliver and Petty last season and look how that went.

I am firmly in the camp that if we get attractive offers for Viney or Petracca we should consider it.

We need to change our list demographic one way or another now and last off season is evidence that sitting on our hands again will get us nowhere.

We are closer to the flag resetting our list now than hanging onto the same players year after year hoping something changes. A 29 year old coming off a serious injury with a pissed off family isn’t leading us to our next flag.

Last edited:
I got shut down last off season when I said we should trade Oliver and Petty last season
Dan used to love doing this too, acting like he was the only one calling for something when he wasn't.

I love Trac even more for this, been calling out for someone to stand up and say enough of this shit for months.
Totally, agree. I think Tracca will be captain in a 3 or 4 Yrs, and we need to build from below to support the captain of those years. 2027 onwards.
Wonder if Oliver being gifted games played a part?
I wouldn't be happy with this, and I suspect Viney isn't as well. Iirc, Viney is one of those who lost trust for OLI.

Why would JVR, Kozzy and Fritsch want to hang around
Fritsch, and Oli, and also Langers, have been some who wouldn't go near a tackle, since the Premiership.

Only Langers has returned this year with full commitment, and is in a contract year...

fritsch and Oli both have not wanted to tackle... until around a month or so ago.

What has happened in the past month to bring a change of attitude and commitment.? The other thing that Has happened in the past 4 weeks, has been the outcry to play more kids, and this has happened... around the same time that both fritta and Oli are both trying harder.

These are the two I would look to trade. certainly not Viney, and certainly NOT Tracca.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread 🗑🔥

Remove this Banner Ad

Back