List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Harvey Langford but he had wayyy too good of a carnival and will be a top 10 guy now. Cooper Hynes i think could still be available at our pick and he is a 190cm medium forward that can play in the midfield at times. Think we need a marking forward that is powerful somewhere between 185-190cm and then the next pick can be highest ceiling player
Why between 185 190 as a powerful marking forward , what about 194 !

HSun/Code have done a write up of all clubs’ OOC players

Lachie McKirdy has done ours and Giants’ write ups

Here’s the link - it’s an interactive article

Ignoring the Buller part, as it seems all but confirmed he is contracted, the rest seems a pretty fair assessment.

I don't want to lose any of our uncontracted players. The younger ones are all improving and the older ones are useful depth.

Ignoring the Buller part, as it seems all but confirmed he is contracted, the rest seems a pretty fair assessment.

I don't want to lose any of our uncontracted players. The younger ones are all improving and the older ones are useful depth.
There are some subtle clues in there for some players (probably Lachie guessing a bit!)

Also kind of confirms that Kirk is signed for 2025.

Harvey Langford but he had wayyy too good of a carnival and will be a top 10 guy now. Cooper Hynes i think could still be available at our pick and he is a 190cm medium forward that can play in the midfield at times. Think we need a marking forward that is powerful somewhere between 185-190cm and then the next pick can be highest ceiling player
You have been banging on about Langford for a while now and I know it is justified, but for your own mental health maybe you need to start managing your expectations now. He was listed by Twomey as his no. 4 in his first phantom draft so we won't be getting him.

You have been banging on about Langford for a while now and I know it is justified, but for your own mental health maybe you need to start managing your expectations now. He was listed by Twomey as his no. 4 in his first phantom draft so we won't be getting him.
If you were able to to read the first like 15 words you would have realised i 100% understand that we will probably not get him without trading up. Im sorry you struggle so much with reading

Why between 185 190 as a powerful marking forward , what about 194 !
194 is more key position height and would be a 3rd tall height rather than 4th tall and also I wouldn't grab someone in that range because King and Chamberlain are tracking to be around the 194-196cm height

Last edited:
Summary of yesterday's article on 2024 OOC players

Harry Cunningham his next deal might not be a long one but Sydney will look to keep him.

Sam Reid (R) He’s down the pecking order for the Swans’ key talls, so it remains to be seen whether he’s done enough to earn one more year.

Aaron Francis He’s still playing strong, intercept footy and is an important back-up for Sydney.

Caleb Mitchell Has taken some important steps in his development this season and should be rewarded with a new deal.

Cooper Vickery medium defender in the same ilk as Jake Lloyd and Harry Cunningham, so could be a guy they look to in the future.

Harry Arnold (R) he finally got back on the field in recent weeks and will be looking to impress enough to earn a new deal.

Jacob Konstanty Has dropped off slightly in the back half of the year and is now on the sidelines with injury, so the Swans will have to decide soon on his future.

Jaiden Magor (R) A handy squad player, Sydney is yet to decide his plans for the future.

Lachlan McAndrew (R) The Swans are big fans of his potential, and naturally his height, and as a local boy, there will be hopes he can continue to develop. However, it’s unlikely they need McAndrew, Will Green and Peter Ladhams all on their list going into 2025.

Tom Hanily (R) it’s likely Hanily will get a longer-term chance to impress. He has caught the eye already in the VFL and will only build as he continues to get more senior footy.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Summary of yesterday's article on 2024 OOC players

Harry Cunningham his next deal might not be a long one but Sydney will look to keep him.

Sam Reid (R) He’s down the pecking order for the Swans’ key talls, so it remains to be seen whether he’s done enough to earn one more year.

Aaron Francis He’s still playing strong, intercept footy and is an important back-up for Sydney.

Caleb Mitchell Has taken some important steps in his development this season and should be rewarded with a new deal.

Cooper Vickery medium defender in the same ilk as Jake Lloyd and Harry Cunningham, so could be a guy they look to in the future.

Harry Arnold (R) he finally got back on the field in recent weeks and will be looking to impress enough to earn a new deal.

Jacob Konstanty Has dropped off slightly in the back half of the year and is now on the sidelines with injury, so the Swans will have to decide soon on his future.

Jaiden Magor (R) A handy squad player, Sydney is yet to decide his plans for the future.

Lachlan McAndrew (R) The Swans are big fans of his potential, and naturally his height, and as a local boy, there will be hopes he can continue to develop. However, it’s unlikely they need McAndrew, Will Green and Peter Ladhams all on their list going into 2025.

Tom Hanily (R) it’s likely Hanily will get a longer-term chance to impress. He has caught the eye already in the VFL and will only build as he continues to get more senior footy.
The comment about McAndrew doesn't quite make sense. We're fans but he's the only one out of contract and we don't need all of them? Hmmmm? If we can offload Ladhams that might compute but otherwise not really.

The comment about McAndrew doesn't quite make sense. We're fans but he's the only one out of contract and we don't need all of them? Hmmmm? If we can offload Ladhams that might compute but otherwise not really.
I reckon McAndrew's future would be dependent on whether our coaches think there's any improvement left in his basic skills which are clearly not up to AFL level. He can ruck, tackle and clunk a mark. But his kicking for goal and disposal is barely VFL standard.

I reckon McAndrew's future would be dependent on whether our coaches think there's any improvement left in his basic skills which are clearly not up to AFL level. He can ruck, tackle and clunk a mark. But his kicking for goal and disposal is barely VFL standard.

Tend to agree, can't say I'm all that enthused but the coaches know more on rucks.

They've had a long time to form an opinion. Perhaps they're just being kind. My problem is that I'd really like us to be rid of Ladhams as soon as his contract expires next year but would like to have a long term VFL ruck until Green is ready to take over from Grundy (2028?). To me three isn't enough when one is so young. I might be in the minority there!

Last edited:
KB mentions that they are looking at most likely 4-5 draftees thats National and Rookie inclusive. Off the top of my head that would mean quite a big list cut at the end of the year as 4-5 + Reid going would be the compensation for Hanily being added in MSD
Delisting two off the senior list (plus Reid) and two off the rookie list would be as smaller list turnover I could remember the club having.

Kinnear on today’s ep of Gettable

Really pleasant interview. Nothing earth shattering but explains how things are changing at the Swans in recruitment. 2025 will be his last year.
Reckons it's unlikely we'll do anything exciting in trade and will draft 4 or 5 as it's a good draft across categories. Non-committal about what what we'll do with our picks as we haven't decided yet and will stay flexible.
My takeout from that is that fringe players will be leaving.

Delisting two off the senior list (plus Reid) and two off the rookie list would be as smaller list turnover I could remember the club having.
It will be more in total.
Buller returns from LTI and is contracted so extending Hanily needs a spot.
If it's 5 to draft then we would need six in total.
Sam is one.
Five to go. Ouch.
Uncontracted, my idea:

Senior
Cunningham delist and rookie?
Francis delist and rookie?
Konstanty delist
Mitchell
Vickery delist

Rookie
Arnold delist
Hanily extend
Kirk
Magor delist
McAndrew probably need to upgrade

Trade Ladhams

That gives you 4 senior list spots for the national draft and one rookie spot.

It will be more in total.
Buller returns from LTI and is contracted so extending Hanily needs a spot.
If it's 5 to draft then we would need six in total.
Sam is one.
Five to go. Ouch.
Uncontracted, my idea:

Senior
Cunningham delist and rookie?
Francis delist and rookie?
Konstanty delist
Mitchell
Vickery delist

Rookie
Arnold delist
Hanily extend
Kirk
Magor delist
McAndrew probably need to upgrade

Trade Ladhams
Pretty sure if the new NGA rules come in that they are extending rookie lists from 3 -> 5 years and that would mean that McAndrew stays on the rookie list? Not 100% sure if what i said is right

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Back