• KPF/Small Forward

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • KPF/Mid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KPF/Defender

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah it was a total shitshow, especially involving two clubs that have a fantastic trade relationship although it sounds like the main issue was between Barrass management and Swans. His sister has apparently left Sydney now so probably less reason for him to go there but he’d certainly be a good fit for your list.

We would offer a fair deal too we have the selections, would be very weird if we went through it again though

We would offer a fair deal too we have the selections, would be very weird if we went through it again though
Both our clubs have always been reasonable at the trade table, particularly with each other. I copped a bit of shit (from some parts not all) on our board last year supporting the trade going through. Now you’ve missed a year of him and we’ve lost a year of value.

Both our clubs have always been reasonable at the trade table, particularly with each other. I copped a bit of shit (from some parts not all) on our board last year supporting the trade going through. Now you’ve missed a year of him and we’ve lost a year of value.

We will have our two firsts this year (one being a north PP) so it’s not that much worse in a better draft anyway from your end anyway.

We will have our two firsts this year (one being a north PP) so it’s not that much worse in a better draft anyway from your end anyway.
I know, problem is one is 19 and the other won’t be too far away. The speculated Hawks deal of pick 9-10 and 28ish would be far more appealing through no fault of your own. If Warner was moving this year there might be a nice 3 team trade there with Freo but I’d say that’s very unlikely.

If Barrass does want to go to the Swans and the Swans want him I have no doubt the clubs will sit down and figure something out that works for both of us. Although Kinnear may step in and exclude Barrass’s management from the meetings…

I know, problem is one is 19 and the other won’t be too far away. The speculated Hawks deal of pick 9-10 and 28ish would be far more appealing through no fault of your own. If Warner was moving this year there might be a nice 3 team trade there with Freo but I’d say that’s very unlikely.

If Barrass does want to go to the Swans and the Swans want him I have no doubt the clubs will sit down and figure something out that works for both of us. Although Kinnear may step in and exclude Barrass’s management from the meetings…

Might be two firsts and I’d be fine with that (something coming back our way). If he wants to go I have no doubt both clubs will get a deal done quick we rarely take long doing these deals (the Dawson deal aside)

Might be two firsts and I’d be fine with that (something coming back our way). If he wants to go I have no doubt both clubs will get a deal done quick we rarely take long doing these deals (the Dawson deal aside)
Hindsight suggests you were well within your rights to try and hold out for a better deal there. Don’t know how much would be coming back for two late firsts given he’s contracted for another 3 years but that’s for the list managers to work out.

Hindsight suggests you were well within your rights to try and hold out for a better deal there. Don’t know how much would be coming back for two late firsts given he’s contracted for another 3 years but that’s for the list managers to work out.

If we and especially Tom want to come to Sydney both clubs will make it work always have really

Jacob Konstanty?

Hasn't signed as far as I'm aware and seems to be stuck behind a few. Has put up some decent performances for a 20 year old in the VFL also.

Chances he stays/goes?

Jacob Konstanty?

Hasn't signed as far as I'm aware and seems to be stuck behind a few. Has put up some decent performances for a 20 year old in the VFL also.

Chances he stays/goes?
Don't think we'd stand in his way if he wanted out and we could get something (anything) in return for him.

Jacob Konstanty?

Chances he stays/goes?
Main issue is getting any continuity, but given we seem to have found one in Hanily, we might let go if he gets interest.

Yeah it was a total shitshow, especially involving two clubs that have a fantastic trade relationship although it sounds like the main issue was between Barrass management and Swans. His sister has apparently left Sydney now so probably less reason for him to go there but he’d certainly be a good fit for your list.
I would take him in half a heart beat, even given everything that went down.

While I think he would be worth two firsts (draft picks are overrated), I’d be disappointed if we traded for that as we should be able to get a better deal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While I think he would be worth two firsts (draft picks are overrated), I’d be disappointed if we traded for that as we should be able to get a better deal.

If it is two firsts getting something back maybe a f2 for our f2 or something. I feel in general we have enough draft picks. However if we keep them I want a KPF first up

Sydney is not an option for Barrass, his sister has since moved to Melb, so he is only entertaining Melb clubs unfortunately

Yes mate I mentioned that a couple of posts above. The trade should have got done last year, would have been a great result for both clubs and Tom.
Could have saved us from going through a KP crisis for the 3rd year running but it is what it is and hopefully Snell and Edwards can be AFL ready for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Back