• KPF/Small Forward

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • KPF/Mid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KPF/Defender

Votes: 8 24.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Think Wicks still has a role to play as a small forward next year.

Just needs to reset after a season from hell really. He was on the outer with the playing group after whatever shenanigans went on early this year and his form dropped away badly from his 2023 output which was masked by the team winning. The suspension was the cherry on top.

If he can get back to his best he can help us a lot.
He's had some good to great half years, hopefully back to his best next year.

2021 - Great first half, really important to our rise, tailed off, mostly serviceable with a few good performances in the 2nd half.

2022 was patchy, after I was set upon for questioning his place in the 22 during the off season.

2023 - came back strongly after his suspension, really impressive

2024 - couple of good games in first half of the year, otherwise ok (when playing) in a well performing team. Really dropped off just before he got dropped, could have been given another game (vs North) to pick up form, but hasn't looked likely since, until the suspension.

Why is it that we can't get two players like that down back for us to become an overnight premiership threat?
Saints should be bleeding.

We’re already a threat and didn’t need a hobbled Eagle to get there. I guess I don’t buy the Hawks as a flag threat or even close just because they keep beating up shit teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have sympathy in this circumstance , the club basically left Trac out to dry.

Interesting Maynard basically ended Brayshaw career and now Moore with his bullshit kneeing may end Trac as a Demon.
How did the club leave him out to dry? I just don't get this bit?

He would have told the doctors he was good to go... if he had said the pain was unbearable they wouldn't have sent him back out there. He tried to be a hero boy, and he got it wrong... Players do it all the time, there are plenty of stories of players playing with cracked ribs... one more knock and a cracked rib becomes a punctured lung and all of a sudden it's life threatening!

Trac is not a child, nor is he 18... he bears some of the responsibility, he can't just brush it off and blame the club or the doctors or the cub. It's a risk you take when you play AFL or any other type of sport... in fact, the risk of living is dying.

Yes, the operation would have been shit, but that is not on the doctor or the cub...

He would have told the doctors he was good to go... if he had said the pain was unbearable they wouldn't have sent him back out there. He tried to be a hero boy, and he got it wrong... Players do it all the time, there are plenty of stories of players playing with cracked ribs... one more knock and a cracked rib becomes a punctured lung and all of a sudden it's life threatening!

Trac is not a child, nor is he 18... he bears some of the responsibility, he can't just brush it off and blame the club or the doctors or the cub. It's a risk you take when you play AFL or any other type of sport... in fact, the risk of living is dying.

Yes, the operation would have been shit, but that is not on the doctor or the cub...
I think its more to do post him leaving the MCG and the followups at the hospital and his recovery rather than actually at the ground that has mad Trac annoyed, but i could have just glanced over a part in an article that proves me wrong

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think its more to do post him leaving the MCG and the followups at the hospital and his recovery rather than actually at the ground that has mad Trac annoyed, but i could have just glanced over a part in an article that proves me wrong
Well that at least makes more sense, but seriously, that is not a good enough reason to break his contract!

He and the club need to sort out whether or not his 'expectations' were reasonable, and if they (the club) fell down they apologise; if not, he builds a bridge! He has a contract that he willingly signed... No trade deal should be agreed to!

Just my view...

Well that at least makes more sense, but seriously, that is not a good enough reason to break his contract!

He and the club need to sort out whether or not his 'expectations' were reasonable, and if they (the club) fell down they apologise; if not, he builds a bridge! He has a contract that he willingly signed... No trade deal should be agreed to!

Just my view...
Barrett (Bedford's mate) wrote an article that suggested that Trac was all about 'me'. This was the first time I'd heard this and Barrett was going pretty strong about it. IF this is true, and IF what we read about the injury aftermath is true (and it really is probably only 40% true) then it may begin to reveal the bubble in which AFL stars may live. The club MAY have treated him like they would have treated any player however Trac MAY have expected more because that is what he is used to.

If so, it reminds me of the enabling of Gary Ablett Snr, and that didn't end well.

However, this is PURE conjecture.

No he can't brush it off, but geez a player saying he is good to go when he is wanting to do well for the team isn't new. The doctors are in charge, they give the all clear.

If the medical check is just are you ok buddy boy and the player says yes or no, then heck let me be a club doctor, I can do that.

They have a duty of care like any employer to their staff, yes safety is on the employee is as well so to a degree yes he has to be honest and play his part . But he is under pressure to help the side.

Then by all reports the support and visits after are where he was left to dry. Is this a good enough reason to break a contract , maybe not.

But then again I have left employers and gone elsewhere when I felt mistreated, why do we hold sports people to different standards .

End of the day he is welcome to try and leave they are welcome to tell him to **** off.

No he can't brush it off, but geez a player saying he is good to go when he is wanting to do well for the team isn't new. The doctors are in charge, they give the all clear.

If the medical check is just are you ok buddy boy and the player says yes or no, then heck let me be a club doctor, I can do that.

They have a duty of care like any employer to their staff, yes safety is on the employee is as well so to a degree yes he has to be honest and play his part . But he is under pressure to help the side.

Then by all reports the support and visits after are where he was left to dry. Is this a good enough reason to break a contract , maybe not.

But then again I have left employers and gone elsewhere when I felt mistreated, why do we hold sports people to different standards .

End of the day he is welcome to try and leave they are welcome to tell him to **** off.
oops i thought i was on GD

It has been a bit more normal and a couple of past champs have certainly matured , but there are new ones.

I know you will make them welcome then

Wicks has become a bit of a whipping boy on these boards but he a good small forward.

The dude is still contracted for next yr, can still pop up impact the board and bring others into the game. Not overly keen to replace him
Agreed. He was playing an important role when we were playing our best footy this year - that's good enough for me.

Agreed. He was playing an important role when we were playing our best footy this year - that's good enough for me.
He's most probably always going to be on the fringe but there's enough to suggest he is still very useful to have around. Would be interested to see how he goes as a lockdown small defender or even as a tagged a la Toby Bedford.

Wouldn't mind having a look at Leek Aleer, OOC next year I think. It'd be nice to bring in a mature aged replacement if Francis gets delisted.

Assuming we probably won't do too much this trade period given we have some good academy prospects in next years draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Back