• KPF/Small Forward

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • KPF/Mid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KPF/Defender

Votes: 20 29.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Get a better indication a year prior and sure as anything not accept a packet of used Twisties
So you know definitely he is leaving?
You would then force him out of the side against his will when we are in premiership mode.
How does that affect team morale.
You are indeed a version of Dodoro. Your old team's draft guru. Not.

You play the hard line like Dodoro. Mister grab every drop and win the deal and lose the war.
You have no idea of things like team dynamics, team morale, ethics etc

Glad you are just another poster.

You would then force him out of the side against his will when we are in premiership mode.

You play the hard line like Dodoro. Mister grab every drop and win the deal and lose the war.

I see where Lukeparker is coming from Rusty all of us on here want to avoid it becoming like a Dawson situation.

But yer if he doesnt wanna leave you cant force him out just to maximize value.

This may have been discussed already, but wouldn't it be best trading out Warner early if he's determined to go home next year? Seeing as we have leverage with him being under contract and both WA clubs having interest? Clearly having him in the team isn't making much of a difference given we were just destroyed. Maybe we could turn this into a Buddy Franklin situation where we trade out superstar Chad and gain 3 decent players with the cap space (Ie. Jordon, Adams, Grundy).

Warner won us multiple games this year, and was our best in 22.

I say we keep him and try for redemption next year.

There are a few challenges with the idea of just trading Chad a year early.

What is the incentive for WC? They would have to give up P3 minimum in a loaded draft for a player who looks likely to come to them next year. They'll be hoping to draft a gun this year and then looking at trading maybe P5 in a weaker draft to us next year instead. They still get a player just hitting his prime to set them up for finals success for years to come.

For Chad, why give up another shot at a deep finals run and maybe a flag before he has to? Let WC improve through the draft this year and head over next year when Reid is hitting his straps.

It's also entirely reasonable for Chad to not know what he wants to do. He's 23 and is going to get a contract worth $1.4m per year either way so why lock himself into a decision?

Lastly for us, trading away a potential Brownlow winner and one of the most dynamic players in the league at 23 is a massive, massive call if you think there is a chance he stays.

Keep him, win a flag, and convince him to stick around to win more.

Last edited:
I see where Lukeparker is coming from Rusty all of us on here want to avoid it becoming like a Dawson situation.

But yer if he doesnt wanna leave you cant force him out just to maximize value.
The whole thing is dumb.
We are not going to learn anything from the Dawson situation because it is completely different.
Warner is contracted until the end of next year. Dawson Wasn't.

Warner is a gun. I'd rather having him playing for us winning a flag rather than force him out of the side and disrupt the team like LukeParkerNo1 wants.

We have contracted players. We are in the window. I'd rather have the whole team focussed on a flag than playing didly squats on what I could get this year vs next year on a hypothetical trade on one of our gun players.

LukeParkerNo1 might as well move on to North. He has previous form. Stop this hypothetical crap of gaining a few extra draft pics on nothing but speculation.

The whole thing is dumb.
We are not going to learn anything from the Dawson situation because it is completely different.

Warner is a gun. I'd rather having him playing for us winning a flag rather than force him out of the side and disrupt the team like LukeParkerNo1 wants.

We have contracted players. We are in the window. I'd rather have the whole team focussed on a flag than playing didly squats on what I could get this year vs next year on a hypothetical trade on one of our gun players.

LukeParkerNo1 might as well move on to North. He has previous form. Stop this hypothetical crap of gaining a few extra draft pics on nothing but speculation.

No reason to snap at him because he has a different opinion to you though.

I don't think he wants to disrupt our side, his more thinking along the lines of getting maximum returns (which is understandable).

Also he moved to Sydney after the Essendon drugs sage, honestly imagine how that would make you feel as a fan? I would have probably completely given up on AFL.

(For the record I most certainly do NOT want to trade out Warner this year, I rather we fight it out).

I’ve said all along get the indication from Chad. Only then should the club consider trading Chad but keeping him next year can have negative issues too as it can be a huge distraction. As I said get the indication then go from there. We need to do more due diligence this time than we did in the Dawson situation leaving us to accept some very mediocre teens pick.

With regard to McAndrew I'd interpret Chris Keane's comments, regarding our ruck stocks, as indicative of retaining all our rucks for next season;

"To be honest, we're pretty comfortable with where our sort of ruck stocks sit at the moment. Obviously Grundy is there at the top, but Pete's a pretty valuable player for us, and we know he can play at the level.

"We've got two developing types in Will Green, which we invested a first-round pick in last year, and Lachie McAndrew as well. So Pete understands where it's at, and he certainly hasn't indicated to us that he wants to move."

Wouldn’t be shocked if we keep McAndrew I just hope we are planning to have Green first ruck more. Protecting Green with two mature types is important the club would know how close Green is to that first ruck even at VFL level first

I’ve said all along get the indication from Chad. Only then should the club consider trading Chad but keeping him next year can have negative issues too as it can be a huge distraction. As I said get the indication then go from there. We need to do more due diligence this time than we did in the Dawson situation leaving us to accept some rubbish teens pick.
If the player does not indicate a desire to move this year then there is nothing to consider.
That is the way it goes. He is contracted.
The club will know more or less. But he is contracted.

You can force him out on pure speculation
or
Just get on with it.

I don't see anything to LEARN from the clubs perspective.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the player does not indicate a desire to move this year then there is nothing to consider.
That is the way it goes. He is contracted.
The club will know more or less. But he is contracted.

You can force him out on pure speculation
or
Just get on with it.

I don't see anything to LEARN from the clubs perspective.

That’s all I have been saying get the indication. He is contracted, we sure don’t want this dragging halfway through next season. The club would have an indication one way or another well as fans we need to hope so.

No reason to snap at him because he has a different opinion to you though.

I don't think he wants to disrupt our side, his more thinking along the lines of getting maximum returns (which is understandable).

Also he moved to Sydney after the Essendon drugs sage, honestly imagine how that would make you feel as a fan? I would have probably completely given up on AFL.

(For the record I most certainly do NOT want to trade out Warner this year, I rather we fight it out).
I can understand your point of view.

I can understand LukeParkerNo1 point of view.

Until I read it ad nauseum.

LukeParkerNo1 has a habit of posting similar stuff multiple times.

Sometimes it gets too much when there is no factual basis to it.

Causes people to snap.

Just realised that the Parker deal will probably have to wait until after atleast Houston's intentions are set. Because if Houston choses North (IDK why he would) but there would be implications about them trading future picks because they have offered Port straight up their F1.

On a trade front looking like 6+ 23 is going to be the Rioli deal with some swaps the other way. Seems overs but he’s very high quality
It will be a large deal, that allows GC to get Lombard (multiple picks) and Rioli, whilst keeping 13 for Nobel and more points.

I realised it actually doesn’t matter if GC get screwed as long as they get needed point and 3 players

It will be a large deal, that allows GC to get Lombard (multiple picks) and Rioli, whilst keeping 13 for Nobel and more points.

I realised it actually doesn’t matter if GC get screwed as long as they get needed point and 3 players

Pretty much the Rioli trade will look bad but from GC’s point it’s a who cares they are getting Rioli, Lombard and Noble. One kid and two guys to make the jump next season. Don’t they have another academy kid? Or is that another team?

The whole thing is dumb.

Rusty remember contracts run out before the trade period starts just a note :)

I agree i truly hope he stays and plays his prime years with us.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Back