• KPF/Small Forward

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • KPF/Mid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KPF/Defender

Votes: 22 29.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

There’s a difference between wanting someone with a first rounder and wanting someone in the 30’s like I said I’d be okay with (Luke Kennedy). There’s always something why he’s in the 30’s.
So you're fine with drafting mids that simply can't be genuine mids, just a bit later is ok. Got it.

I'm at the point with first rounders where I just want us to take anyone who will be a good player for us. Safe bets who maybe we can mould into something more later on.

Worth remembering that Chad Warner, James Rowbottom, Justin McInerney etc. were nothing special at the time of their drafting but if given the chance I'd use a top 10 pick on all of them now (even Warner.)

We can ill afford another wasted draft, especially since we opted out of being overly active in the trade period.

So you're fine with drafting mids that simply can't be genuine mids, just a bit later is ok. Got it.

Correct third rounders or whatever get your solid role players and 20 ish possession mids are that. First rounders you want top end quality.

Another Mock draft here
Has us ending up with:
Cooper Hynes
Jack Whitlock
Archer Day-Wicks
Joel Cochran

Like 3/4. Rather go someone else first up. Archer Day Wicks is worth a gamble at that range it’s probably not us but someone takes a punt

I'm at the point with first rounders where I just want us to take anyone who will be a good player for us. Safe bets who maybe we can mould into something more later on.

Worth remembering that Chad Warner, James Rowbottom, Justin McInerney etc. were nothing special at the time of their drafting but if given the chance I'd use a top 10 pick on all of them now (even Warner.)

We can ill afford another wasted draft, especially since we opted out of being overly active in the trade period.
Sure, but as far as we know and judging by the rankings we all see, Stephens was a safe bet and rated highly by everyone, having played well in SANFL seniors, and Konstanty was the best small forward going around. While Konstanty's injuries probably impacted too, there's probably no such thing as a safe bet really.

Obviously just trying to brighten your day. :(

Sure, but as far as we know and judging by the rankings we all see, Stephens was a safe bet and rated highly by everyone, having played well in SANFL seniors, and Konstanty was the best small forward going around. While Konstanty's injuries probably impacted too, there's probably no such thing as a safe bet really.

Thank you for nearly sowing up the bronze

Yep and then we use their draft pick number as a heuristic as why they should be cut or kept on the list. e.g. you can't cut a #5 pick after 2 years even if they are awful but if a #50 pick is awful after two years they get cut. Need to find a way of removing where they selected on and base it off of development path and results

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure we'd go with Day-Wicks after picking Hynes.

Not sure Jack Whitlock is around at ~26, Matt probably is.

Some absolute sliders in Nicholls and Moraes in that one.
Yep it just depends what Melbourne and St Kilda do imo as they will shape the draft. If they grab 1 or two of the talls off the market then the Whitlock brothers go early. If Shanahan falls down into the late teens then the Whitlocks both go in and around our picks

Fair i'd probably just be having flashbacks about Vickery a couple of drafts ago, but maybe McVeigh a more distribution half back would be able to use Oliver better and develop him

Would probably take Whitlock straight up then trade the second live maybe get two in the late 20’s. Trade 44 into next year (f3) match with 54 or whatever for the academy kid. We are in a tricky area

Fair i'd probably just be having flashbacks about Vickery a couple of drafts ago, but maybe McVeigh a more distribution half back would be able to use Oliver better and develop him
Hawks probably thought Vickery was safe until after 40. Oliver seems to be more highly rated, his coach says he's the heartbeat of the team.

Oliver would be good, but only if we seem him as a Cunningham replacement. Don't need another half back.

Would probably take Whitlock straight up then trade the second live maybe get two in the late 20’s. Trade 44 into next year (f3) match with 54 or whatever for the academy kid. We are in a tricky area
Not really when you think about the points adjustment for next year if Cochran falls into the fourth round a deficit on him literally means nothing because fourth rounders next year are worth no points value. So we will be able to match him with just the 59 alone. Then that simplifies the situation were we have 3 selections and need a KPF and probably also another forward and then a slider. Now where you take those 3 different things is up for debate

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Back