List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Our cap "bulging" is just made up because media assume the big 3 are all on 1m+
Gulden probably is, but I can't see anyone else being $1m plus considering when they signed. Heeney, Mills and Liz probably close I guess but I doubt they exceed $1m.

Gulden probably is, but I can't see anyone else being $1m plus considering when they signed. Heeney, Mills and Liz probably close I guess but I doubt they exceed $1m.

Thats the key part if we have shrewd cap management we should be able to offer competitive contracts to who we want unless they are "determined" to go home at all costs.

I seem to remember Norf trying to stuff us up with the Heeney contract and the reports in the media(!) were that he got about $900k. Having said that, we have no idea how it was structured. I think Mills went through the same scenario.

My impression is also that Liz was more about length of contract than the annual $ figure (none of us have any idea, though) which would enable him to get a loan to buy a house, so I doubt he would be above the magical $1mil mark.

I think that with retirements/delistings this year we will free some space (although Reid and the magoo players won't be on that much) and we probably can't afford to trade anyone else in and spend $ that way. We will probably take a few draft picks for minimum $ and hopefully that can give us some space.

Having said that, I really have no idea and have to just leave it to the nerds in glasses with pocket pens to work it out at Swans HQ.

I seem to remember Norf trying to stuff us up with the Heeney contract and the reports in the media(!) were that he got about $900k. Having said that, we have no idea how it was structured. I think Mills went through the same scenario.

My impression is also that Liz was more about length of contract than the annual $ figure (none of us have any idea, though) which would enable him to get a loan to buy a house, so I doubt he would be above the magical $1mil mark.

I think that with retirements/delistings this year we will free some space (although Reid and the magoo players won't be on that much) and we probably can't afford to trade anyone else in and spend $ that way. We will probably take a few draft picks for minimum $ and hopefully that can give us some space.

Having said that, I really have no idea and have to just leave it to the nerds in glasses with pocket pens to work it out at Swans HQ.
Pretty much exactly what I was thinking. Also been thinking, I wonder if the club is waiting to see what Parker wants to do? If he gets offer from North or Essendon etc that he wants to pursue, the club may be willing to say thanks for all your efforts over the years knowing it clears the books more to sign Warner. Wouldn't be surprised if Parker was on roughly $800k.

Few coming off contract at the end of next year. There should be some funds to go around for Chad to get resigned might have to back end the contract.
We will lose someone along the way even with the salary cap increases. It's just the nature of the beast. Hopefully fringe players.

Lets say hypothetically the club wants to sign Charlie McCartin. Could he skip the draft and have the club sign him during the SSP? Or does he need to register for the draft? I know Paddy skipped the draft the second time round, but I am guessing it's different because he was previously on an AFL list.

Lets say hypothetically the club wants to sign Charlie McCartin. Could he skip the draft and have the club sign him during the SSP? Or does he need to register for the draft? I know Paddy skipped the draft the second time round, but I am guessing it's different because he was previously on an AFL list.
If a player has never been on an AFL list they have to initially register for the draft (unless they qualify under the ‘hasn’t played footy for the last three years’ rule).

I think that Hayward's little niggle today showed that we need to give him someone behind him because we looked so poor without a medium forward. Vic Country played today in the u18 and tbh i like the look of all of Langford, Travaglia and Day-Wicks

"To put the NGA's lack of development success into perspective, even the USAand Canada have produced more players than the NGA's that weren't in the system. And for what it's worth, Ireland has now produced over 60."

Oooft.

Seriously though, the complaining about Mackenzie, Motlop, Andrew and whoever else, all players in existing development set ups. You had North and Hawthorn trying to add players to their academy lists just before the draft. Absolutely ridiculous that people would try to compare this to the Northrn academy set ups.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back