• KPF/Small Forward

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • KPF/Mid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KPF/Defender

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Warner for Barrass straight swap, let's go.
There are not enough spew emoji's in the universe to adequately represent how much I hate this. I would hope were getting a LOT more than just Barrass in return for Chad.

Would it be worth trading our 2 first rounders to move up if we thought we could get Trainor? 194cm intercept defender, considered the premier tall defender of this year's crop.

There are not enough spew emoji's in the universe to adequately represent how much I hate this. I would hope were getting a LOT more than just Barrass in return for Chad.
Not a big Warner fan...

Big Barrass fan...

So

Matt Leblanc Whatever GIF

Not a big Warner fan...

Big Barrass fan...

So

Matt Leblanc Whatever GIF
Biggest issue I have with that trade are the age differences, think we could get a bit more out than just Barrass, but overall wouldn't be upset with the trade.

When we get exposed it's almost always ends with us being undersized and undermanned in defence, and Warner doesn't offer much in avoiding the ball coming in fast and hard to our backline.

Biggest issue I have with that trade are the age differences, think we could get a bit more out than just Barrass, but overall wouldn't be upset with the trade.

When we get exposed it's almost always ends with us being undersized and undermanned in defence, and Warner doesn't offer much in avoiding the ball coming in fast and hard to our backline.
Yeah I don't really know enough about the picks West Coast have that could be involved, I was just throwing the idea out there. I expect to hear back from Beatson in 2-3 business days.

Yeah I don't really know enough about the picks West Coast have that could be involved, I was just throwing the idea out there. I expect to hear back from Beatson in 2-3 business days.
I’d imagine Barrass including salary paid and our 2R (pick 22/23) would probably be on the table if that was of any interest.

Hard to see the Swans trading him before his contract ends TBH.

Last edited:
Would it be worth trading our 2 first rounders to move up if we thought we could get Trainor? 194cm intercept defender, considered the premier tall defender of this year's crop.
Nah they take time to develop and also we have Snell Edwards developing nicely and can grab Cochran easily by matching a bid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any other year I'd be doing it, not this year, pick 18 ish (whatever it goes out to lets say 22 for arguments sake) is projected to be a top 10-12 pick any other year. We have 2 of them. It's looking one of the deepest drafts we've had in a while, meanwhile next year looks average. It would probably need to be a very good deal to trade into next year

Which tall forward do you like the best that is relatively realistic for our picks roughly in the 20-23 range

Personally, and being realistic

1. Jobe Shanahan (would also be a local pick too so no go home either)
2. Jack Whitlock (might go a few before us though)
3. Harry Armstrong (not as sold on him as others)

Think of the 3 Shanahan the most likely to be there, Whitlock might, and the latter probably is the better overall talent

Think of the 3 Shanahan the most likely to be there, Whitlock might, and the latter probably is the better overall talent
I don't see Shanahan being there for us as i think someone like a Geelong or GWS will snap him up but it is still realistic he is somewhere in the 15-25 range depending on how the talls fall. Agree with Whitlock i have been impressed by his carnival and post carnival work (from memory). I wouldn't be surprised if Harry is a big bolter based off his carnival but not the worst pick.

I don't see Shanahan being there for us as i think someone like a Geelong or GWS will snap him up but it is still realistic he is somewhere in the 15-25 range depending on how the talls fall. Agree with Whitlock i have been impressed by his carnival and post carnival work (from memory). I wouldn't be surprised if Harry is a big bolter based off his carnival but not the worst pick.

Think one of the 3 should be there, surely GWS don't need forwards, they probably look to other needs but yeah they would worry me there. Think one of those 3 should be available a lot of clubs will take smalls this year

Think one of the 3 should be there, surely GWS don't need forwards, they probably look to other needs but yeah they would worry me there. Think one of those 3 should be available a lot of clubs will take smalls this year
I thought the same until i looked at their list and they have like 4 key forwards and that includes Keefe who surely retires soon, Hogan who is 29, Cadman and Gruzeski who are both young and also Riccardi. I think they probably just want to develop another one given that depth there.

Given our likely draft position and needs, and based on just a few sets of draft rankings, I wouldn't be unhappy with a draft haul of Matt Whitlock, Harrison Oliver and Cochran.

Key forward who can be thrown back if needed.

Combative, composed small defender with some pace and a good kick.

KPD/interceptor.

I have watched Armstrong for a long time , players that kick 5 goals in a big final are rare these days

I have watched Armstrong for a long time , players that kick 5 goals in a big final are rare these days

I'd be happy with him, prefer the other two but wouldn't be throwing a tanty if we took Armstrong,

I thought the same until i looked at their list and they have like 4 key forwards and that includes Keefe who surely retires soon, Hogan who is 29, Cadman and Gruzeski who are both young and also Riccardi. I think they probably just want to develop another one given that depth there.

Think they look at their defence first but could be wrong, they have a lot of parts already don't need a lot might be best available

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Back