• KPF/Small Forward

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • KPF/Mid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KPF/Defender

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon Max King needs a fresh start. Strikes me to be the sort of guy who would do better out of Melbourne.

Any way we could get him or would it just be too hard (or not worth it)?

I reckon Max King needs a fresh start. Strikes me to be the sort of guy who would do better out of Melbourne.

Wouldn't be worth what the Saints would want for him even if he was interested.

We've seen McLean can be that big marking player we really need, he just hasn't quite reached some of the form he showed towards the end of last year despite being mostly solid.

Amartey can take a contested grab too.

I don't think there's anyone we could realistically get this season that would be a huge improvement on them.

I think our issues with the forward line are game plan not personnel.

Unrealistic for starters and would cost 5 arms and a leg. Barass if he wants to come way more achievable

Wouldn't be worth what the Saints would want for him even if he was interested.

Exactly they would want a selection where he was drafted and we don’t have it for starters

Unrealistic for starters and would cost 5 arms and a leg. Barass if he wants to come way more achievable
Fair enough. I had been thinking how it could happen and couldn't really work out a plausible scenario. It would be a great move for him and if he could reach potential, for us too.

Fair enough. I had been thinking how it could happen and couldn't really work out a plausible scenario. It would be a great move for him and if he could reach potential, for us too.

He ain’t going to learn how to kick just moving to a new team. He’d drive our fans mad

CLUBS EYE MATURE-AGER​

RICHMOND VFL forward Sam Davidson is on the radar of a handful of AFL clubs following an eye-catching first season at Punt Road.

The 22-year-old was the only VFL player invited to the state draft combine when the first batch of names were revealed last week.

The Tigers have been very impressed and are understood to be interested in Davidson, but they aren't alone. Adelaide, Sydney and Greater Western Sydney have all monitored his progress closely and could make a move in November or during the summer.

Part of the reason Davidson is a late developer is due to his focus on his medical degree and the country placements he has undertaken in recent years since graduating from St Kevin's College.

Davidson is studying to become a doctor at Monash University – he is halfway through his fifth year and has added an honours year – which is why he started last season playing for South Mildura in the Sunraysia Football and Netball League before finishing the season at Maffra in the Gippsland League.

In 2022 he played for Sale City in the North Gippsland League, which is how Steve Morris became aware of him. Davidson reached out to trial with the Tigers' VFL program last pre-season and has bolted from nowhere over the past couple of months.

The 191cm mobile forward has kicked 21.10 from 14 appearances after being picked for his first VFL game in round three, kicking six goals against Northern Bullants last month after four against Port Melbourne a few weeks earlier to attract the attention of recruiters.

If Davidson lands on an AFL list in November or via the pre-season supplemental selection period, the Victorian will need to put his current degree on hold given the required contact hours, but it won't stop him studying a part-time PhD in 2025. – Josh Gabelich

Liam Ryan on the move

Geez he will be an awesome get who ever gets him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is actually what we need. Him and Papley in the same F50 would cause a lot of headaches
Papley and Hayward already cause a lot of headaches if they are getting opportunity from the mids.

I think we have other areas of the ground that present much bigger opportunities for improvement than anything Ryan might provide.

CLUBS EYE MATURE-AGER​

RICHMOND VFL forward Sam Davidson is on the radar of a handful of AFL clubs following an eye-catching first season at Punt Road.

The 22-year-old was the only VFL player invited to the state draft combine when the first batch of names were revealed last week.

The Tigers have been very impressed and are understood to be interested in Davidson, but they aren't alone. Adelaide, Sydney and Greater Western Sydney have all monitored his progress closely and could make a move in November or during the summer.

Part of the reason Davidson is a late developer is due to his focus on his medical degree and the country placements he has undertaken in recent years since graduating from St Kevin's College.

Davidson is studying to become a doctor at Monash University – he is halfway through his fifth year and has added an honours year – which is why he started last season playing for South Mildura in the Sunraysia Football and Netball League before finishing the season at Maffra in the Gippsland League.

In 2022 he played for Sale City in the North Gippsland League, which is how Steve Morris became aware of him. Davidson reached out to trial with the Tigers' VFL program last pre-season and has bolted from nowhere over the past couple of months.

The 191cm mobile forward has kicked 21.10 from 14 appearances after being picked for his first VFL game in round three, kicking six goals against Northern Bullants last month after four against Port Melbourne a few weeks earlier to attract the attention of recruiters.

If Davidson lands on an AFL list in November or via the pre-season supplemental selection period, the Victorian will need to put his current degree on hold given the required contact hours, but it won't stop him studying a part-time PhD in 2025. – Josh Gabelich
This guy would be a great pickup. We could pay him outside of the cap as our club doctor and he could self-administer any concussion tests while still playing.

Lukosius plz
Ryan would be grand also

Was a big fan of him in his draft year but jeez he's been underwhelming would cost three arms and a leg too, don't think GC won't ask for two firsts or at least one in the top 10 which we don't have. Crows more likely have the pick too

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Back