• KPF/Small Forward

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • KPF/Mid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KPF/Defender

Votes: 8 24.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Hamish Davis had 21 disposals & kicked 4 goals for Claremont in the WAFL (seniors!) final at the weekend.

Follows his 3 goals (again in the WAFL seniors) the week prior.

Still not in Twomey’s top 30, which is just remarkable.

This kid is coming with a rush. Hope it’s to us.
Looks good , saw the highlights.
Well done putting a decent post up

Stringer is a big no from me just for his tattoo alone. Worst one in the AFL (and there are a lot of contenders).

Membrey palm tree...

Hamish Davis had 21 disposals & kicked 4 goals for Claremont in the WAFL (seniors!) final at the weekend.

Have not had a huge viewing of colts.

Will have a look prior to draft. Think they are going under the radar a bit

The claims that he wouldn't be in our best 22 are ridiculous, he'd be our best forward comfortably and would've kicked 50+ if he played for us this year. He's one of the more talented players in the AFL even if he hasn't displayed it consistently

Just say you don't like the guy and leave it at that, but please don't try and suggest he doesn't have a bucket load of talent.
Numerous other sources have said Swans have not been linked to any player so far this year. The Stringer thing smacks of a manager beat up considering Stringer is already on decent coin and wants a 2 yr deal.

He’s on $400k that is chicken feed

The claims that he wouldn't be in our best 22 are ridiculous, he'd be our best forward comfortably and would've kicked 50+ if he played for us this year. He's one of the more talented players in the AFL even if he hasn't displayed it consistently

Just say you don't like the guy and leave it at that, but please don't try and suggest he doesn't have a bucket load of talent.

He wants roughly $600k over 2-3 years

He's going to want more than that to shift stumps up to NSW

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The highlights from the weekend looked very good. Medium size, can play mid. Certainly fills an area of weakness on our list.

I'm bullish on cleary as a small fwd until a mid role opens up. Small sample size but looks very promising.
Think he applies the right amount of pressure but also think him being primarily a midfielder means he finds it easier to find the pill than Wicks and thus will be better in the link up play. However Campbell does look resurgent in the half forward role as well

Taylor Walker and his team reach out to Damien Barrett every year or two when he’s amidst contract negotiations to tell him that Walker is willing to go elsewhere, thereby putting some media pressure on Adelaide to up their offer despite never really having any real intention to leave. I suspect that this Stringer thing is very similar and he’ll be playing at Essendon next year.

Something I forgot to add - earlier this year we were reported to be into Cam Zurhaar and I suspect that was because there was doubt surrounding Hayward's long-term place at the club. He re-signed and then we weren't interested anymore. I suspect the Stringer stuff is also related to Parker's long-term place at the club; potentially we have reached out to his agent to ask a question of him just so we know his status as we continue to work out what's going on with Parker.

All of that is to say I suspect Parker and Stringer will remain at their current clubs next year.

Something I forgot to add - earlier this year we were reported to be into Cam Zurhaar and I suspect that was because there was doubt surrounding Hayward's long-term place at the club. He re-signed and then we weren't interested anymore. I suspect the Stringer stuff is also related to Parker's long-term place at the club; potentially we have reached out to his agent to ask a question of him just so we know his status as we continue to work out what's going on with Parker.

All of that is to say I suspect Parker and Stringer will remain at their current clubs next year.
That would be the best outcome.

Membrey palm tree...

Have not had a huge viewing of colts.

Will have a look prior to draft. Think they are going under the radar a bit
You won't be seeing him (Davis) in the colts.

Last time he played colts was 2 months ago - had 40 disposals & ripped the game apart.

He's spent the past couple of months in the Claremont seniors ... and for an 18 year old to be BOG in a WAFL final is pretty special.

Seniors, not Colts. Sixth game BoG. Ah DQ, you've done it again.

You won't be seeing him (Davis) in the colts.

Last time he played colts was 2 months ago - had 40 disposals & ripped the game apart.

He's spent the past couple of months in the Claremont seniors ... and for an 18 year old to be BOG in a WAFL final is pretty special.

Was more so in general for the WA cohort as I feel their crop is not getting a huge amount of coverage this year and there are usually a few WA gems.

But point taken on Davis

Was more so in general for the WA cohort as I feel their crop is not getting a huge amount of coverage this year and there are usually a few WA gems.

But point taken on Davis
Based on the number of 18 year olds getting an opportunity to play WAFL seniors (not many), it looks likely to be a fairly shallow WA draft this year.

But earlier in the season, some media types were stating a possibility that no WA draftees would be selected this year. Which was absolutely absurd.

Each year, Twomey's phantom draft does seem to be a bit Vic / SA & academy focussed in the initial iterations, before some more WA kids enter late in the season. It suggests to me that Twomey has limited connections into the WAFL clubs & hence not a lot of insight.

If you keep pumping him up, we won't get the chance to draft him. Secret squirrel, capiche

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Back