Votes: 2 5.7%
  • KPF/Mid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KPF/Defender

Votes: 8 22.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Hence why I said investigate.

But I'd have our doctors do the medical, not scroll bigfooty to find out if he could ever be fit again.

He looked alright when he was making a mess of us earlier in the year.

Who said he would never be fit again? Just that he wouldn't be fit enough to be anywhere near worth it.

It's the right idea to think outside the box, I just think Lynch is another shape altogether.

Not when it completely destroys the point of difference that just won you a flag.

The game changes every year we needed a key target up forward Tippett was the best available unless you wanted to rely on Reid/Goodes/Jetta again in 2013.

I have absolutely no problem at all with the club chasing Tippett.

Who said he would never be fit again? Just that he wouldn't be fit enough to be anywhere near worth it.

It's the right idea to think outside the box, I just think Lynch is another shape altogether.

The post I was replying to said his knees are shot and he wouldn't pass a medical.

The post I was replying to said his knees are shot and he wouldn't pass a medical.

That doesn't mean he'll never be fit again. Passing or failing a medical doesn't mean you're cooked, it just means that the rigour/bar the club may require from him is not met.

The game changes every year we needed a key target up forward Tippett was the best available unless you wanted to rely on Reid/Goodes/Jetta again in 2013.

I have absolutely no problem at all with the club chasing Tippett.

You've kinda missed my point.. we just won the comp playing a brand new style of football that had us unpredictable with a spread of goalkickers. Tigers when they won in 2019 didn't go out and re-write their gameplan and backed it up in 2020. Hawks backed it up in 2014 and 2015. We haven't won a flag since. I dunno if it was the slam shut right call the way you're making out that it was.

You've kinda missed my point.. we just won the comp playing a brand new style of football that had us unpredictable with a spread of goalkickers. Tigers when they won in 2019 didn't go out and re-write their gameplan and backed it up in 2020. Hawks backed it up in 2014 and 2015. We haven't won a flag since. I dunno if it was the slam shut right call the way you're making out that it was.

Did you forget Richmond added Tom Lynch?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only key forward I would go after is Ben King. Maybe a Nick Larkey. Otherwise the 3 key talls that are there already aren't that much worse when you factor in age etc.

The only key forward I would go after is Ben King. Maybe a Nick Larkey. Otherwise the 3 key talls that are there already aren't that much worse when you factor in age etc.

This

It would be nice if the 3 boys were in better form but they’ve been effective all year and we need to back them in

The reality is that you rarely win finals on the back of performances from your key forwards, you just need them to compete and bring the ball to ground for the smalls if they can’t mark

It's a shame that Buller was hampered by injuries this year, as I think he offers a point of difference to what the current 3 tall forwards offer. He plays with lots of aggression and contests strongly in the air, something that we have struggled at times this year.

It's a shame that Buller was hampered by injuries this year, as I think he offers a point of difference to what the current 3 tall forwards offer. He plays with lots of aggression and contests strongly in the air, something that we have struggled at times this year.

I rate him personally.

The other loss was Reid, can see why we persisted with him but alas his body was just never going to hold up.

This

It would be nice if the 3 boys were in better form but they’ve been effective all year and we need to back them in

The reality is that you rarely win finals on the back of performances from your key forwards, you just need them to compete and bring the ball to ground for the smalls if they can’t mark
Yep. You look at the stats in GFs and its glaring.

2023 - Smalls booted 13 goals. Hill, Cameron, McCluggage, McCarthey and Bailey.
Medium guys kicked 4 in Crisp and De Goey.
Daniher the only tall with multiple goals with 3.

2022 (I know it shouldn't be spoken about) - Hawkins/Cameron kicked 5. Stengle, Smith, Warner, Close kicked 11.

2021 - Ben Brown/Tom McDonald kicked 5. It was the medium players that did the damage. Fritsch, Bont, Petracca kicked 11 between them and Treloar added 3.

2020 - Dusty booted 4. Smalls Prestia and Menegola kicked 4 between them. Riewoldt the only tall with multiple goals with 2.

Listening to SEN - Parker sounds gone from that interview.

I imagine ladhams will be as well if we get something even half decent for him.

That could help clear up cap space for Warner, but also provide a spot up for Cleary and sheldrick.

Personally I want us to draft a pressure half forward and seek to trade in a serviceable KPP..

That could help clear up cap space for Warner, but also provide a spot up for Cleary and sheldrick.

Personally I want us to draft a pressure half forward and seek to trade in a serviceable KPP..

2022 draft shenanigans hurts even more when you see Darcy Jones was picked with the selection after Konstanty

KB thought he was so clever with those moves when in actual fact it was a complete clusterfork

While I would love to see Parker retire as a Swan the reality is he wants to play on and I don't think there is a spot for him in the best 25-26 next season in Sydney. He is just too slow and his only real role should be as a deep forward marking option.
Ladhams could be used by a handful of teams. St Kilda and Essendon mainly depending on what happens with Goldy.

DGB is the right sort of player we should be going after. Plays as a 3rd tall, could develop into a key defender.

I know he's not done well at the Hawks however some of it has been injury. He's been offered 2yrs apparently so they have faith in him.

Yeah would be a good cheap speccy pick up. Our specialty (Francis and Ladhams aside!).

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Back