• KPF/Small Forward

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • KPF/Mid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KPF/Defender

Votes: 9 23.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Actually laughable that Noble contracted Collingwood want pick 12 for. They dropped him during the season and they want more than Tanner Bruhn back in 2022

Lukosius told to seek a trade I believe?

I reckon he and Logan work well together I'd hope we're interested in that.
Is Lukosius dedicated enough? The biggest knock seems to be that he's not quite good enough wherever he's been played. Tons of talent but work ethic? Why else would you push out someone with his pedigree unless it was character.

Would say he is going back to Adelaide. But if he were to sign a long term deal with the Swans I would be all for it.
As every year passes, I become less and less confident that Lukosius will ever justify his draft pick.

Hes nearly 25 & still only averaging 15 odd disposals per game. Just doesn’t have enough impact.

He might certainly improve at another club - but at the moment, he’s just a fringe player at a mid-table club.

If he was pick 22, rather than pick 2, he’d be struggling to get a long term deal with anyone.

Last edited:
As every year passes, I become less and less confident that Lukosius will ever justify his draft pick.

Hes nearly 25 & still only averaging 15 odd disposals per game. Just doesn’t have enough impact.

He might certainly improve at another club - but at the moment, he’s just a fringe player at a mid-table club.

If he was pick 22, rather than pick 2, he’d be struggling to get a long term deal with anyone.
Keep coming back to the same principle. Trade to improve. That might mean to gain depth in a critical position but in this case "is he BETTER than what we have?". Not really. Who would he push out of the team? Hayward? His best is equal, his worst is not. He hasn't shown himself to be a KPF.
As a defender - Rampe/Blakey/Mills I don't think so. Two AA and a heart and soul leader. 🤣
He would cost a fair bit to go nowhere.

Would say he is going back to Adelaide. But if he were to sign a long term deal with the Swans I would be all for it.

Was a big fan in draft year but he’s such an in betweener at afl level unfortunately. Seems a little “soft” too. Would cost too much too

You never know what a change im environment can do though, must be hard being at the Suns as a developing kid

Sure but I ask you this at AFL level what position is he? I am so over rating the bloke just because he can kick. Not tough enough to be a forward, doesn’t get it enough/not fit enough as a mid/winger. Is he going to ever be an A grade HBF because frankly that’s his position

I am not a fan of the gilmore girls , but I just don't watch it.

Something in that for you I reckon

Goodness just imagining Bedford watching Gilmore Girls lol

Sorry Bedders

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was a big fan in draft year but he’s such an in betweener at afl level unfortunately. Seems a little “soft” too. Would cost too much too

Worth a punt for the Crows though IMO

Lukosious has said he only wants to play as a forward and not back. Reportedly on around 1 million per season which for his output so far is a lot of cash. He might really kick on as a player if he just plays the one position has been thrown all over the place at the Suns.
Looks like Horse is using McDonald as the Reid replacement who can play the swing man role. I don't see Lukosious as an obvious need for us and would cost too much.

Is Lukosius dedicated enough? The biggest knock seems to be that he's not quite good enough wherever he's been played. Tons of talent but work ethic? Why else would you push out someone with his pedigree unless it was character.
No idea tbh. But he wouldn't be the only player whose not get the best out of himself at the gold coast. You'd want to have a meeting etc to get a sense of that sort of thing but my instinct would be to trust that our club can set high enough standards etc that he'd be better here than he would elsewhere.

Macrae has requested a trade has not mentioned a club.

Interestingly some of the reasons cited have been the amount of VFL he's played this season as well as being made the sub. :moustache:

Goodness just imagining Bedford watching Gilmore Girls lol

Sorry Bedders

I think some of us are showing our age if that's the go-to 'girls show' :tearsofjoy:

Hawks getting Barrass leaves a bit of a sour taste - he knocked back our offer apparently due to higher pay promises by Eagles only for them to renege.
He probably burned his bridges with the Swans so we were not going to chase him again. He may end up being the new Brian Lake for the Hawks, or he may play half a season and then have to retire.

He sat out the end of the season for the Weagles, so if we had picked him up then Melican would have probably not re-signed with us and we would have Francis playing for us in the finals series this year. True sliding doors (not Barrett's version).

Hawks getting Barrass leaves a bit of a sour taste - he knocked back our offer apparently due to higher pay promises by Eagles only for them to renege.
You win some, you lose most. I'm not upset about it, just used to shit going against us and missing out most of the time.

He probably burned his bridges with the Swans so we were not going to chase him again. He may end up being the new Brian Lake for the Hawks, or he may play half a season and then have to retire.

He sat out the end of the season for the Weagles, so if we had picked him up then Melican would have probably not re-signed with us and we would have Francis playing for us in the finals series this year. True sliding doors (not Barrett's version).

He might have sat out out of preservation not necessity but yeah fair point.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Back