• KPF/Small Forward

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • KPF/Mid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KPF/Defender

Votes: 9 23.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

He probably burned his bridges with the Swans so we were not going to chase him again. He may end up being the new Brian Lake for the Hawks, or he may play half a season and then have to retire.

He sat out the end of the season for the Weagles, so if we had picked him up then Melican would have probably not re-signed with us and we would have Francis playing for us in the finals series this year. True sliding doors (not Barrett's version).
IF Barrass joined the Swans
THEN he wouldn't be joining the Hawks

Barrett eat your heart out!

Sure but I ask you this at AFL level what position is he? I am so over rating the bloke just because he can kick. Not tough enough to be a forward, doesn’t get it enough/not fit enough as a mid/winger. Is he going to ever be an A grade HBF because frankly that’s his position
I'm certainly not saying to go get him, but a few things.
He would take Amarteys spot in this team quicker than Lewis Jetta outrunning Cyril, and make it a lot more well-rounded one at the same time.

Amartey is 197cms
Lukosius is 195cms
I wouldn't say he is a tweener or positionless. He is a key forward. Just because he's played out of position doesn't mean he doesn't have one. Being played out of position has wasted his career to this point. And yes, some of it is on him. He would form a devastating duo with McDonald IMO and can compliment both he and McLean.
I don't think people understand how much of a rabble GC is when you're talking development.

He is also 23 days off being a full year younger than Amartey and more than a year and a half younger than McLean. If people are running out of patience with JL then surely they are with the 2 Swans.

Swans offense: 97.47 PPG
GCS offense: 83.69 PPG
Lukosius would most likely come in and be the Swans' leading goal kicker next season. Quite easily TBH unless the Swans coaching staff did the same thing as GC and got too excited by his athletic profile and made him a defender. He is simply a much better player than what the Swans have in the forward line right at this moment and in the future.

Now, of course team role plays a major factor here either way so take it for what it's worth, but so does playing in the best side in the comp.

All of the deficiencies Lukosius has the Swans coaching staff would work well with. He's never going to be hard at the footy, never going to be that pressure forward, but the kid can mark and kick the ball with the best of them.
Again, I'm not suggesting the Swans should go out and get him because IMO he will always want home.

Lukosious has said he only wants to play as a forward and not back. Reportedly on around 1 million per season which for his output so far is a lot of cash. He might really kick on as a player if he just plays the one position has been thrown all over the place at the Suns.
Looks like Horse is using McDonald as the Reid replacement who can play the swing man role. I don't see Lukosious as an obvious need for us and would cost too much.

i really rate lukosius as a player, just turned 24, i think he'd be great for us ... but the cost would surely be too much
he might've been an ideal replacement had hayward left ... but very glad hayward is staying

Was a big fan in draft year but he’s such an in betweener at afl level unfortunately. Seems a little “soft” too. Would cost too much too

He's 195cm, I wouldn't say that's an inbetweener size.

But he is like Peter Wright or Schache. He's a big guy but it was never his strong suit trait as a junior, so he has/had no idea how to use his size once the step up to the AFL came.

He's a slow developer though, he should have worked it out by now. And because of that I wouldn't go for him. ATM he's a winger or 3rd tall, you don't need to blow budgets for that type.

I agree with the comments re Lukosius however does anyone also get the feeling he coasts a little bit at the Suns? pardon the pun.
I don't think he does that here. Not to suggest he turns into a manic pressure guy or anything because that's not him, but he would buy in.

I think we persist with Amartey but next season is make or break. He has all the tools and has shown real ability beyond the Crows game.

If he doesn't fire in his age 26 season then we need to look for another option.
Yep we will draft a KPF this year to develop and also have hopefully a fit Buller who could challenge him but in 2025 we have two guys in King and Chamberlain who could develop into the more mobile KPF role

Yep we will draft a KPF this year to develop and also have hopefully a fit Buller who could challenge him but in 2025 we have two guys in King and Chamberlain who could develop into the more mobile KPF role
I don’t mind Jonty Faull as a KPF option; has been overtaken a bit by the likes of Armstrong and Shanahan, but has still had a good CTL and U18’s season

He's 195cm, I wouldn't say that's an inbetweener size.

But he is like Peter Wright or Schache. He's a big guy but it was never his strong suit trait as a junior, so he has/had no idea how to use his size once the step up to the AFL came.

He's a slow developer though, he should have worked it out by now. And because of that I wouldn't go for him. ATM he's a winger or 3rd tall, you don't need to blow budgets for that type.

When I say inbetweener I mean playing position really. What’s his position I’m taking Hail Mary’s as even I don’t even have a clue what he is. Is he a forward? A mid? A winger? What on earth is he, plays here and there but nothing is concrete

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thoughts on pursuing Perryman as a potential Rampe replacement?

At what price would be my answer? He could wreck our cap despite being nothing more than above okay

Yeah I don't rate him too highly but we need to find a decent medium defender to replace Rampe soon.

We can but not sure Perryman at north of 800k is the answer and no way he’s coming to be backup next year first and foremost so where does he fit next year?

We have two wa clubs throwing wads of cash at Warner and people are more conferenced with bringing overpriced players from other clubs.

Sign Chad….first and foremost

yes! ... as much as i'll debate various outside players, i'm very much in the hypotheticals
absolutely, our priority must be to sign up our core young stayers for as long as we can

I think we persist with Amartey but next season is make or break. He has all the tools and has shown real ability beyond the Crows game.

If he doesn't fire in his age 26 season then we need to look for another option.
He's done more than McDonald or McLean. Not sure why he's the one with crosshairs on him (not that I'm suggesting either of our keys should be on notice)

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Back