• KPF/Small Forward

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • KPF/Mid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KPF/Defender

Votes: 18 28.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Wouldn't mind a punt on callum m brown if he's dirt cheap. Good athletic profile and skills but has had a poor year. Think he could be a mid sized fwd or back.

we aren’t really getting anyone in.

We are offloading:
  • Parker (pick 40 +)
  • ladhams (pick 50 +)

The rest will be delisted I think.

Can we turn the picks we gave after 19 into anything useful this year or point for next year?

Other than that I think we will be pretty quiet.

Wouldn't mind a punt on callum m brown if he's dirt cheap. Good athletic profile and skills but has had a poor year. Think he could be a mid sized fwd or back.
He's been decent in some games I've seen of the Giants over the last few years. Contracted, but if they'd be looking to offload him maybe.

Couple of medium fwd options in the draft around our picks though, and I'd also be looking to move Warner there for 50-75% of the game.

We are offloading:
  • Parker (pick 40 +)
  • ladhams (pick 50 +)

Can we turn the picks we gave after 19 into anything useful this year or point for next year?

So we go into 2025 with zero ruck depth? or do we expect Grundy to solo ruck the whole season again because he will be cooked by midpoint.

Ladlams for a throwaway pick would be disastrous

We are offloading:
  • Parker (pick 40 +)
  • ladhams (pick 50 +)

If we can get 3 top 40 picks this year, be happy with that. Might do it with Parker alone.

As long as we have a late pick to match any Cochran bid (past our picks in the top 40 or so), then getting points for next year is important.

He’s awful honestly a C-D grade player who only looks half okay because Carlton have the worst bunch of small forwards in the comp and it’s not close!
I concur. Only team who should be trading for Owies is Norf. Seriously ordinary footballer, just happens that the rest of our smalls are somehow even worse so he gets involved a bit by default.

So we go into 2025 with zero ruck depth? or do we expect Grundy to solo ruck the whole season again because he will be cooked by midpoint.

I guess depends on how much they rate mcandrew/McLean as ruck combo internally…

I suspect we wouldn’t mind not spending the $$$ on a back up ruck. We seem to be prioritising cash for the stars at the moment and getting role players elsewhere…. Not saying this is correct, just what I think they will do.

I concur. Only team who should be trading for Owies is Norf. Seriously ordinary footballer, just happens that the rest of our smalls are somehow even worse so he gets involved a bit by default.

Owies is not awful still averaged ~10 disposals and 1.4 goals a game the game is moving towards favoring his skillset.

Should be targeting Joe Berry with our first pick.

Small forward who plays as a medium, great kick for goal and can apply pressure as well.

Looks like a proper lead up forward as well.

Desperately need some class up there alongside Papley:

I wouldn't mind seeing Grundy go on a mid season holiday lol
Play Ladhams so Brodie's body is right heading into finals.

So with Grundy if managed well you get near AA quality from him and another contested beast which has a huge impact on our misfield.

Playing Grundy every week and running him into the ground you get the version where his impact at ground level is non-existent and gets outworked in the contest.

Ladhams shouldn't be anywhere near this side. He is a complete dud.

Either play McLean to chop out Grundy, or try McAndrew in there.

If we had Ladhams playing on Saturday we would've lost by 120+.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn’t be surprised if we pick up Curtis Taylor as a delisted free agent

Should be targeting Joe Berry with our first pick.

Small forward who plays as a medium, great kick for goal and can apply pressure as well.

Looks like a proper lead up forward as well.

Desperately need some class up there alongside Papley:

Campbell was drafted as a mid/fwd whose strengths were lead up marking and a good kick.

We would probably try to make Berry a back pocket, then a 3rd string winger.

Yep sorry I had to say it. Shocking small forward division. Do not want Owies

We desperately need another good ruck IMO. In the second half of the year Grundy was beaten up in some games and we all know about Ladhams. Looks at some examples of great finds in recent years
-Lloyd Meek (drafted 2017)behind Darcy and with Jackson coming sees the writing on the wall, goes to Hawks for late second rounder
-Jordon Sweet (drafted 2018) behind English at Dogs goes to Port for pick 50.
Is there anyone sitting behind a premium ruckman worth looking at?

We desperately need another good ruck IMO. In the second half of the year Grundy was beaten up in some games and we all know about Ladhams. Looks at some examples of great finds in recent years
-Lloyd Meek (drafted 2017)behind Darcy and with Jackson coming sees the writing on the wall, goes to Hawks for late second rounder
I think there is a team who has a ruckman who was a 1st rounder but is playing in their VFL side to develop. Maybe we should target someone like that?

Reidy at Freo

But don't know why he'd move just to play VFL. Only selling point would be that Grundy is older than Jackson/Darcy.

Toby Conway, the ruckman, from Geelong would be a good get. He got interviewed before being drafted and said he wanted to come to the Swans but doubt would happen since we traded for Ladhams. I think also a cousin of the McCartins.

Campbell was drafted as a mid/fwd whose strengths were lead up marking and a good kick.

We would probably try to make Berry a back pocket, then a 3rd string winger.

Was he though? I feel like Campbell is way more of a winger than a natural forward.

Don't think he's got the cleanliness or composure as a forward.

Berry looks super natural as a forward who can do it all, would love to have him if he slides to our pick (doubtful).

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Back