• KPF/Small Forward

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • KPF/Mid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KPF/Defender

Votes: 18 28.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Reckon he will be a good tall/medium defender a la Snell. Won't cost much in the draft, possibly a rookie. Absolute bargain.
If he does well at the combine he probably goes in the national draft, but still probably after ~40 if that's what we get for Parker.

Get the sense he's a bit more of an interceptor than Snell and Edwards.

But still, he'd have to get an unexpected early bid for us to pass.

I'd be trying to potentially move up somewhere maybe packaging both picks 19 & 22 to move up to like GCS pick.

e.g. 19 and 22 for 13 and a F3 (maybe even an F2). We give up some points overall but get some for next year and can just pick up a slightly worse KPF/KPD with the Parker pick we get

Make it a future second and yes please

If he does well at the combine he probably goes in the national draft, but still probably after ~40 if that's what we get for Parker.

Get the sense he's a bit more of an interceptor than Snell and Edwards.

But still, he'd have to get an unexpected early bid for us to pass.
I really like that our coming defenders are taller. Playing a brave but undersized defence for so many years sucks. Edwards as a potential big (2m 100kg) KPD and Snell and Cochran as 195cm skilled third tall types sounds good to me. Fox and Francis as a bridge are fine. Francis, McCartin and Melican are all 194/5cm but solid.
Roberts is handy as a medium.
Getting Lloyd, Florent and Campbell out is good. Just need a Cunningham replacement from our existing cattle. Not a job for a draftee.

I really like that our coming defenders are taller. Playing a brave but undersized defence for so many years sucks. Edwards as a potential big (2m 100kg) KPD and Snell and Cochran as 195cm skilled third tall types sounds good to me. Fox and Francis as a bridge are fine. Francis, McCartin and Melican are all 194/5cm but solid.
Roberts is handy as a medium.
Getting Lloyd, Florent and Campbell out is good. Just need a Cunningham replacement from our existing cattle. Not a job for a draftee.
Snell was 86kg in his draft year but he could easily be getting to the low to mid 90s when he gets to his AFL body

Snell was 86kg in his draft year but he could easily be getting to the low to mid 90s when he gets to his AFL body
sucks that they dont give weights in the player profiles anymore.
Beatson said that Snell was a few years away when drafted (said Green was 1-2 years away). Could develop faster of course.
Snell should put on about 5kg after a year and pre-season. 86kg isn't skinny for his size as an 18yo.
Fingers crossed that 2 of Snell, Edwards and Cochran come and come on quickly.. McCartin and Melican need help, Rampe is close to the end, Fox is undersized (and I dont rate him as high as most on here) and we won't be trading in a tall defender
Im still a fan of Harry Arnold and am hoping hes not delisted - injury ruined his year
Have Zero faith in Francis - if he plays, we're in trouble

sucks that they dont give weights in the player profiles anymore.
Beatson said that Snell was a few years away when drafted (said Green was 1-2 years away). Could develop faster of course.
Snell should put on about 5kg after a year and pre-season. 86kg isn't skinny for his size as an 18yo.
Fingers crossed that 2 of Snell, Edwards and Cochran come and come on quickly.. McCartin and Melican need help, Rampe is close to the end, Fox is undersized (and I dont rate him as high as most on here) and we won't be trading in a tall defender
Im still a fan of Harry Arnold and am hoping hes not delisted - injury ruined his year
Have Zero faith in Francis - if he plays, we're in trouble
Edwards is 197cm and 100kg and is roughly the same age as Matty Roberts, I think he is ready tbh
One is Edwards stats and the other is Melican (had to hide some stuff to make it less obvious which is which) but the stats go in order of Kicks, Handballs, Disposals, Marks, HOs, Tackles etc

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-10-04 at 6.08.31 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-10-04 at 6.08.31 PM.png
    12 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot 2024-10-04 at 6.09.01 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-10-04 at 6.09.01 PM.png
    13.6 KB · Views: 8
Seeing all of this talk about draft picks, who are we going to draft at this time is really sad. The draft is great, but we need ready made players - players with steel, grit and leadership. As much as Horse is at fault (believe me I want him gone more than anyone), but the players we’ve drafted, no matter how talented don’t have what we need, and they don’t stand up like in the Grand Final. Biggest game in football and they disappear. We need trades, not draft picks.

Seeing all of this talk about draft picks, who are we going to draft at this time is really sad. The draft is great, but we need ready made players - players with steel, grit and leadership. As much as Horse is at fault (believe me I want him gone more than anyone), but the players we’ve drafted, no matter how talented don’t have what we need, and they don’t stand up like in the Grand Final. Biggest game in football and they disappear. We need trades, not draft picks.

Getting a top draft pick right can be an absolute game-changer.

Brisbane without McLuggage, Ashcroft and Rayner (all top 3 draft picks) would be a vastly inferior side.

If the club decides to trade Chad (because they see his departure as inevitable) and we snag Pick 3, I'd be pretty excited.

And you say "we need trades, not draft picks" .... Ladhams, Francis, Adams, Hamling, Gray, Taylor (and I could go on) .... trades ain't always the answer.

In fact, trading in cast-offs from other clubs is almost NEVER the answer. Unless you're Geelong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While players usually take time to become strong contributors, some can be part of premierships in their first seasons e.g. Bowey for Dees, Morris for Lions.

Others might only take 2 seasons to be important players in flags e.g. AJ for us, and arguably Lions win last year with Ashcroft.

You also don't have to draft 18 year olds.

The salary cap is not Even.
Compare Swans & Geelong.. Two teams that competed in and won finals most years over the last 15.
Swans trade Buddy - In 2022 & 23 we watch the 23 that run out for the Swans and they're all draftees. Swans cant afford to trade anyone else in. To get a 2nd string ruck they have to give up Allirr.
Geelong trade Dangerfield, then Cameron, then take p7 with Bowes as a salary dump, now Bailey Smith and would take Oliver and his million $ salary if they had the draft capital

Swans simply cant trade in players like other clubs

Saw a screenshot/table that had us linked to Finn Maginness. Haven’t seen anything else corroborating that?
If we're interested, odd move, but maybe we see him as the best option that might be available.

I'll be honest, don't watch much of the Hawks, but it sounds like he's similar to Jordon. Inside/outside hybrid, more outside/wing but does a good tagging job.

Maybe we just think Jordon did well, so repeat the dose. Both are still a couple of years from their prime, so room for improvement/maturity.

Could play JJ on the best half back, FM on the best mid. Neither are useless if they get the ball either.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Back