• KPF/Small Forward

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • KPF/Mid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KPF/Defender

Votes: 18 28.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't know who's out there but would like to trade in an established ruckman. I think Grundy is just about cooked, he's not the player he was at the pies 6 years ago.. Either that or get Grundy and Maclean to fight it out for the sole ruck spot, and that would take Maclean out of our lumbering forward line.

Don't know who's out there but would like to trade in an established ruckman. I think Grundy is just about cooked, he's not the player he was at the pies 6 years ago.. Either that or get Grundy and Maclean to fight it out for the sole ruck spot, and that would take Maclean out of our lumbering forward line.
Gonna trade the guy who finished what 4th in our club champs? Going to break up the best ruck duo in the league?

A sense of realism please

Last edited:
On what planet would we send Florent and Parker to get a second rounder which would be 32+ when all things are settled? Florent is one of our top 10 non-trade able players
But what does he do that the others I listed don't? Quicker than Roberts, but gets less of the ball. Bit more daring than Lloyd, but not the kick Campbell is, nor the link up player McInerney is.

You need to trade something to get something. And we have lot of the same-ish kinds of player and need some more athletic bigger types in the mix IMO.
I figure Parker is probably a 3rd, so what's Florent worth, a second around 30?
24 and maybe a later round minor upgrade swap for us this or next year?

The combo picks are an absolute farce always the ones today are a piss take on a whole new level. Pick 8 for Battle lol. First rounders for Cumming and Perryman fmd. At least show us the formula of how they reach these decisions ffs...very convenient we don't get to know.

Hope overpaying good average players like these comes back to **** these clubs over in the long run. Wouldn't mind seeing all of them clubs that brought those guys over spend an extended time in no mans land.

You want to trade Florent who will play let’s say 250 games at a minimum for Archie Schoenmakers who has barely played a game and has off field issues? We are NOT trading Ollie Florent
250 games of being our 14th best player....is worth taking a risk to be better over considering we can cover that output with others. I wouldn't be trading Roberts, Campbell, Gulden or McInerney. Florent is thus the spare we can afford to lose.

Anyways just hypothetical argument, he's VERY likely staying as he's always been in Horse's 'good boy' stable.
I'm just floating the idea to get a differernt mix of player onto the list.

Given their ages, I’d move Lloyd on (just turned 31) rather than any of those.

That’s not meant to be disrespectful to Lloyd, just makes more sense as others can cover his role and have a far longer playing career in front of them.
Yeah but he's not going to be worth much being that old. So...besides I'd rather him than Florent distributing the ball next year.

“Remove the compensation entirely, you've had the player for 8 years and you haven't been able to convince them to stay. But you've had eight years of service, which is double than the normal career length."

- Damian Barrett

Moat sensible thing he has ever said.
So Warner goes for nothing next year? Umm...

Each to their own but no way is Cunningham ahead at the very least.

Period not trading guys we’ve signed for z4 plus although Blakey and his let’s just say booze turnovers pushes me
Cunningham is MILES ahead of Florent in terms of value to us because we don't have anyone else that can do what he does. We have half a dozen blokes in the first team that can do what Florent does, likely a couple more in the VFL, Warner?

edit - I see that argument was already made above.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The salary cap is not Even.
Compare Swans & Geelong.. Two teams that competed in and won finals most years over the last 15.
Swans trade Buddy - In 2022 & 23 we watch the 23 that run out for the Swans and they're all draftees. Swans cant afford to trade anyone else in. To get a 2nd string ruck they have to give up Allirr.
Geelong trade Dangerfield, then Cameron, then take p7 with Bowes as a salary dump, now Bailey Smith and would take Oliver and his million $ salary if they had the draft capital

Swans simply cant trade in players like other clubs
Gary Rohan was on 1.5 million obviously. Now they can split that btwn Oliver and Bailey Smith.

I would MUCH rather have Ladhams than McLean as number one ruck. Mclean gets completely owned by taller rucks.
Grundy will be our ruck for the next two years minimum. He's was near AA early this year, no? Talk of best trade in years.
Got worn down a bit, hopefully he comes back. Give him a spell or two and play Ladhams Vs Richmond and...West Coast? IDK, whoever has a week ruck and team. Might as well we are paying the guy and he's had a good year in the VFL.

Which makes him a restricted free agent? Free agent? Indentured slave of the Swans?
Just out of contract...

I'm not sure what else there is to say.

We either extend him, trade him, delist him or if none of those, he goes to the PSD.

If he wants out to the Eagles for example, we accept something they offer, or they take him in the PSD, not much risk of Tigers or North taking an unhappy player on a big nominated contract, and we get nothing.

But what does he do that the others I listed don't? Quicker than Roberts, but gets less of the ball. Bit more daring than Lloyd, but not the kick Campbell is, nor the link up player McInerney is.

You need to trade something to get something. And we have lot of the same-ish kinds of player and need some more athletic bigger types in the mix IMO.
I figure Parker is probably a 3rd, so what's Florent worth, a second around 30?
24 and maybe a later round minor upgrade swap for us this or next year?
I think trading Florent is losing something that we cannot get back.
Florent can weave through traffic like the invisible man.
He is elusive and can shimmy and step and feint to gain time to dispose.

We are in the window. Trading out established players for a blind pick is unSwanslike.

I think trading Florent is losing something that we cannot get back.
Florent can weave through traffic like the invisible man.
He is elusive and can shimmy and step and feint to gain time to dispose.

We are in the window. Trading out established players for a blind pick is unSwanslike.
We also lose a lot of culture both from Florent but also through creating distrust throughout the playing group. I don't think thats the best idea given the performance of the last game

Last edited:
Both had 5 clangers, Florent had 2 fewer turnovers.

You can not want to trade Florent, but he was no better than Blakey this year in this regard.

I think it’s also worth knowing that at one stage gulden had more changers than anyone in the afl.

Our game style of trying to kick through the corridor does involve a lot of risk.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Back