• KPF/Small Forward

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • KPF/Mid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KPF/Defender

Votes: 18 28.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

It is a competition evening mechanism. The higher on the ladder you are then less you get. The lower on the ladder you are the more you get. Pretty simple really. Depends upon the salary they get as to whether they are first or second round after the current pick.
The problem with it is the massive ability to game the system in the first few years of a new CBA with what we think are inflated salaries getting an extra band or two higher because clubs have extra money to spend

The problem with it is the massive ability to game the system in the first few years of a new CBA with what we think are inflated salaries getting an extra band or two higher because clubs have extra money to spend
Come up with a better equitable system that still advantages the weaker clubs and punishes the stronger clubs. BTW it is not supposed to be fair. It is supposed to promote equity.

I am OK with the free agency compensation system being there. We would be annoyed if we lost Hayward and Florent this year for nothing.

Though I feel the first compensation should not be till pick 11. So you don't get situations where Adelaide were hoping to get pick 2 as compensation when Brad Crouch moved to St Kilda.

One guy's attempt at doing the draft.
He's got the guy I want Alix Tauru at 16 to the Tigers.
Joe Berry at 20 to the Dogs.
For us he's got at 22 Cooper Hynes and then Matt Whitlock.
Joel Chochrane he values at 56 - is that about right?

Last edited:

There's a couple further up that'd be nice, but realistically if we walked away with Hynes and Matt Whitlock, that'd be fine by me.

Hynes could play early, but Matt W is a bit more raw, though with the potential to be a 199cm swingman.

I don't mind his picks for us here.
I wouldn't be unhappy if we came away with Hynes and Matt Whitlock.

Both could even get game time next season against the likes of West Coast and Richmond.

An update for you Harry Armstrong has met with us twice and the only teams not to talk to him are the Cats and Pies .
Luke Kennedy we are going to see again and only Ashcroft beat him in the Dragons best and fairest.
Pretty exciting to have 2 from my club a chance to go to us

An update for you Harry Armstrong has met with us twice and the only teams not to talk to him are the Cats and Pies .
Luke Kennedy we are going to see again and only Ashcroft beat him in the Dragons best and fairest.
Pretty exciting to have 2 from my club a chance to go to us
Is this just due diligence as meeting with all prospects for future reference or is Sydney looking to move up IYO?

Another 190cm forward at 46 for the Parker trade and Cochran at 56.
I think if we got Hynes who likely starts forward, then M Whitlock, we might wait on Chamberlain (192cm fwd/wing) or King (190cm mid/fwd) next year.

At mid 40s I'd be looking for someone to take over from Cunningham or an inside mid, can be mature agers. Even if we think there might be some in the rookie draft, just lock in whoever we think is best.

Then Cochran. Then as rookies/SSP, the other of small defender / inside mid. Maybe a mature age ruck if we let Ladhams go somewhere, or another kid if we cut McAndrew.

Is this just due diligence as meeting with all prospects for future reference or is Sydney looking to move up IYO?
We are after a taller player , you never know he might slip down , but i don't think so , he's happy to go to us .
Kennedy more a chance , he's a star , won our senior best and fairest at 16 . KB went to watch the Whitlock brothers against Dragons and then he loved Luke getting 36 and 10 tackles so were on his door 2 days later

I think if we got Hynes who likely starts forward, then M Whitlock, we might wait on Chamberlain (192cm fwd/wing) or King (190cm mid/fwd) next year.

At mid 40s I'd be looking for someone to take over from Cunningham or an inside mid, can be mature agers. Even if we think there might be some in the rookie draft, just lock in whoever we think is best.

Then Cochran. Then as rookies/SSP, the other of small defender / inside mid. Maybe a mature age ruck if we let Ladhams go somewhere, or another kid if we cut McAndrew.
100% good call. Need to spread the types over a period of time unless they're just too good to pass up. That's pretty unlikely at our position in the draft.
Some others have us pushing one of our higher picks into next year which looks possible but I Iike two of Hynes/Shanahan/Whitlock better given a general desire to improve our forward potency. Maybe take a look at Joe Berry if we don't keep Konstanty?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

100% good call. Need to spread the types over a period of time unless they're just too good to pass up. That's pretty unlikely at our position in the draft.
Some others have us pushing one of our higher picks into next year which looks possible but I Iike two of Hynes/Shanahan/Whitlock better given a general desire to improve our forward potency. Maybe take a look at Joe Berry if we don't keep Konstanty?
I think Hanily looked as promising as you might get from a draftee, pretty sure he was brought in because Konstanty and maybe Wicks weren't looking overly promising this year.

Cleary and Campbell showed some forward nous too.

I think if we dropped a tall, played Warner and these guys up forward, with Will and Paps, we'd have a good mix already.

We are after a taller player , you never know he might slip down , but i don't think so , he's happy to go to us .
Kennedy more a chance , he's a star , won our senior best and fairest at 16 . KB went to watch the Whitlock brothers against Dragons and then he loved Luke getting 36 and 10 tackles so were on his door 2 days later
Any mail/thoughts on Harry Oliver at Sandy having potential to turn into a Cunningham lockdown type, rather than a rebounding half back?

Writeups suggest he's tough, not afraid of the contest.

Also do prefer we use both the "firsts" this year. We might still get some later futures by way of Konstanty, Ladhams etc.

Shanahan would be preferred over M Whitlock, but think he goes just before us.

Any mail/thoughts on Harry Oliver at Sandy having potential to turn into a Cunningham lockdown type, rather than a rebounding half back?

Writeups suggest he's tough, not afraid of the contest.
No thoughts on Oliver specifically but generally I'm not crazy about drafting a small defender. Better off converting a hard nut mid or winger or even forward who has spent time in the system. Needs to be a certain personality type who can sacrifice their own game to a role. Smooch was a mid, Harry a winger.
Who do we have who might work?
Kirk, Wicks, Sheldrick, Roberts, Konstanty. Didn't say we should. These guys are hard enough.
Probably wouldn't work.
Campbell, Lloyd, Florent, McInerney, Mitchell. Play too loose or are not good one-on-one. McInerney too tall.
Expect Magor and Vickery to be delisted.

No thoughts on Oliver specifically but generally I'm not crazy about drafting a small defender. Better off converting a hard nut mid or winger or even forward who has spent time in the system. Needs to be a certain personality type who can sacrifice their own game to a role. Smooch was a mid, Harry a winger.
Who do we have who might work?
Kirk, Wicks, Sheldrick, Roberts, Konstanty. Didn't say we should. These guys are hard enough.
Probably wouldn't work.
Campbell, Lloyd, Florent, McInerney, Mitchell. Play too loose or are not good one-on-one. McInerney too tall.
Expect Magor and Vickery to be delisted.
Oliver's a half back, but sounds combative and was described by his coach as the "heartbeat" of the team. So was wondering if we could convert him.

I think Vickery and maybe Kirk were the potentials, but I'd be moving both on when we can. Back to the draft.

Obviously hard to attract , plus there are no mids besides Oliver that changes our mid group

I can’t see how much it changes next season unless Gus becomes Neale
Gus could play a good role next year. Cleary will be better and prob get more games. Theres always our captain who was AA the only season he played full time mid.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Back