• KPF/Small Forward

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • KPF/Mid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KPF/Defender

Votes: 19 28.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The hilarity of the Swans and Trade Week continues, when Fox Footy writes stuff like this:

"Veteran Sun Levi Casboult has been floated as a potential suitor for the Swans in attack, given how much experience their talls lack. Should the out-of-contract key forward find his way to the red and white, a late pick should suffice; even a future third or fourth rounder."

The rest:

Sydney - like so many other clubs - reportedly has interest in Gold Coast’s No. 13 selection, per Twomey. Interestingly, they haven’t really been linked to anyone; perhaps for the reason that their list is already in tip-top shape. And as club CEO Tom Harley said in recent days, they won’t pursue Bomber Jake Stringer, despite recently being linked to the contracted Essendon forward. They are set to however lose Luke Parker, but for what pick is largely down to what the Swans see fit from North Melbourne. The Kangaroos are likely to ask politely to trade back their Pick 43, but that doesn’t seem like enough on the surface. Their Pick 25 might also be slightly too high in North’s eyes, but given how desperate they are for experience, may just allow it.

The hilarity of the Swans and Trade Week continues, when Fox Footy writes stuff like this:

"Veteran Sun Levi Casboult has been floated as a potential suitor for the Swans in attack, given how much experience their talls lack. Should the out-of-contract key forward find his way to the red and white, a late pick should suffice; even a future third or fourth rounder."

The rest:

Sydney - like so many other clubs - reportedly has interest in Gold Coast’s No. 13 selection, per Twomey. Interestingly, they haven’t really been linked to anyone; perhaps for the reason that their list is already in tip-top shape. And as club CEO Tom Harley said in recent days, they won’t pursue Bomber Jake Stringer, despite recently being linked to the contracted Essendon forward. They are set to however lose Luke Parker, but for what pick is largely down to what the Swans see fit from North Melbourne. The Kangaroos are likely to ask politely to trade back their Pick 43, but that doesn’t seem like enough on the surface. Their Pick 25 might also be slightly too high in North’s eyes, but given how desperate they are for experience, may just allow it.

Fox Footy just needs to quit

How can both of these things be true

exactly GIF

The rest:

I'd be very happy if we got Pick ~25 from North for Parker.

RACE FOR PICK 13 GETS HOTTER​

CARLTON has stepped up its bid for pick 13, with the Blues putting their future first and second-round picks up for grabs for the hotly pursued Gold Coast selection.

The choice is looming as critical in the race for Dan Houston as both Collingwood and Carlton hunt the pick along with a host of other clubs, including Melbourne, Sydney and the Western Bulldogs.

The Demons and Bulldogs have both offered their future first-round pick in exchange for Gold Coast's pick 13, while the Swans have put forward picks 19 and 22.

The Blues are willing to use both of their 2025 first and second-round picks to get the Suns' pick, which they would then look to use as the main part of their offer to Port Adelaide star Houston.

LATEST ON ROOS' VETERAN CHASE

A MOVE for Jack Darling to join North Melbourne is expected to be sealed early in the Trade Period but talks have yet to progress on a deal for Swan Luke Parker.

Darling will join the Kangaroos on a two-year deal, with a trigger for a third season, as North targeted his experience, durability and forward pressure to add to its attack.

But the same won't be done for Parker, who last week requested a trade to the Kangaroos as well.

The 292-gamer at Sydney has a year to run on his contract, meaning a trade will need to be executed as well, however, discussions have not progressed on any trade.

I remember people telling me to calm down in 2022 when we picked who we picked and didn't pick the likes of Weddle, Gruzewski, Barnett.

At least we thought Vickery might be the next Cunningham I guess.

Magor was the only one I was excited by tbh and then we failed to play him in his actual position once we got some structure in the VFL side.

They were the 3 I wanted too. Swap with GWS to get them all. Too busy playing games to pick correctly. Massive, massive fail.

im still angry, and those therapy sessions are not working

I want that Armstrong kid. Looks the goods.
moving up to p13 will happen before draft night as clubs want it to trade

Going off the Twomey rankings/words - for what they're worth??
Armstrong - 9, KPF, best in the draft.. Moving up to p13 prob won't get him
Shanahan - 19
J Whitlock - 20
Faull - 22
M Whitlock - 25
All these guys are around our current picks, so if we're looking for a KPF, we wouldn't trade up.

Personally, Im happy to take a KPF and a small with our first two picks as they stand.
Also, it may well work out we get Cochrane for our 4th round pick

What we get for Parker is another story..
Parker + 4th rounder for p25
Parker for future pick to help match bids next year??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd take Levi for cheap to be honest . I mean who's more chance of kicking a few goals, Levi , Hamling or Francis
Kind of (sadly) agree
I think the Swans have offered Francis another contract.. Would prefer Levi to him every day.. Francis is just too slow, too short and cant kick straight
At least Hamling might be able to defend?????? but would prefer giving the youngsters (Edwards, Snell) a go if needed

CARLTON has stepped up its bid for pick 13, with the Blues putting their future first and second-round picks up for grabs for the hotly pursued Gold Coast selection.

The choice is looming as critical in the race for Dan Houston as both Collingwood and Carlton hunt the pick along with a host of other clubs, including Melbourne, Sydney and the Western Bulldogs.

The Demons and Bulldogs have both offered their future first-round pick in exchange for Gold Coast's pick 13, while the Swans have put forward picks 19 and 22.

The Blues are willing to use both of their 2025 first and second-round picks to get the Suns' pick, which they would then look to use as the main part of their offer to Port Adelaide star Houston.

A MOVE for Jack Darling to join North Melbourne is expected to be sealed early in the Trade Period but talks have yet to progress on a deal for Swan Luke Parker.

Darling will join the Kangaroos on a two-year deal, with a trigger for a third season, as North targeted his experience, durability and forward pressure to add to its attack.

But the same won't be done for Parker, who last week requested a trade to the Kangaroos as well.

The 292-gamer at Sydney has a year to run on his contract, meaning a trade will need to be executed as well, however, discussions have not progressed on any trade.

Has there been any rumours to who we’re interested in at 13? I’d imagine we must rate someone in that range top 5-ish to be interested in a trade up before the draft

I'd take Levi for cheap to be honest . I mean who's more chance of kicking a few goals, Levi , Hamling or Francis
Hamling 31 in 14 games forward, 87 marks
Casboult 23 in 10 games, 47 marks, did ruck a bit but not why we'd get him

I'd just play Hamling. Younger, perfect to go back if needed.

Last edited:

Is this the first time two clubs offered some the same futures deals for a current pick?

It would be funny to see who’s future GC rates lower if they want a future first, Melbourne or Bulldogs?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Back