• KPF/Small Forward

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • KPF/Mid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KPF/Defender

Votes: 19 27.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The unknown factor is the size of the last year of Parker's contract and how keen the Swans are to get it off the books to use the money elsewhere? If North is helping us with salary cap pressure the pick won't be great, if it isn't sizeable we'll be pointing to the Pick 33 we paid for Adams and saying Parker is more valuable.
A couple of future picks i reckon , mid range

The unknown factor is the size of the last year of Parker's contract and how keen the Swans are to get it off the books to use the money elsewhere? If North is helping us with salary cap pressure the pick won't be great, if it isn't sizeable we'll be pointing to the Pick 33 we paid for Adams and saying Parker is more valuable.

But 33 last year is worth far less than 33 this year. I really don't see how it can be anything but they're pick in the early 40's

Konstanty, Mitchell ( too slow), Kirk and Francis all very lucky. So far.

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk
Of the guys still waiting on contracts:
  • Francis - will come down to whether we can sign another KPD. If we can't, he probably gets another year. Otherwise, gone.
  • Hanily - has only had half a season and has looked promising enough; I think he's shown more than Konstanty has in any case. Worth another chance.
  • Kirk - I thought he looked OK in the VFL? Certainly not bad enough to write him off completely. Unless we've got really good Academy talents that likely won't go in the main draft (Harrison has looked reasonable at times?) I'd give another year to him.
  • Konstanty - it sounds like he might have suitors, though admittedly none have put their hand up just yet. If one exists it would probably be worth trading him. If not? Maybe he's worth keeping because of his draft pick status but I'm far from convinced that he deserves it.
  • McAndrew - if Ladhams leaves, gets another year. If he stays, gone.
  • Mitchell - not sure how he fared in the VFL this year but in his few AFL chances I thought there was something there. Certainly seems to have at least some parallels with McInerney, in any case. I'd probably give another year to him.

Think Parker will be for 61 and an F3 tbh. 61 will be used alongside our 50s odd pick to match Cochran and if not and he falls into the rookie draft we get to take an experienced mature ager imo

There is a faceless rat on X called John Murphy saying we need to get rid of Rowbottom
He somehow found a way to say Rowbottom had a stinker when he had that 30 poss game in like rd16

Just checked and it was 32 touches 11 clearances and 6 tackles. Last year he wanted for us to dump Rowbottom for Paddy Dow

• Francis - will come down to whether we can sign another KPD. If we can't, he probably gets another year. Otherwise, gone.
  • Hanily - has only had half a season and has looked promising enough; I think he's shown more than Konstanty has in any case. Worth another chance.
  • Kirk - I thought he looked OK in the VFL? Certainly not bad enough to write him off completely. Unless we've got really good Academy talents that likely won't go in the main draft (Harrison has looked reasonable at times?) I'd give another year to him.
  • Konstanty - it sounds like he might have suitors, though admittedly none have put their hand up just yet. If one exists it would probably be worth trading him. If not? Maybe he's worth keeping because of his draft pick status but I'm far from convinced that he deserves it.
  • Mitchell - not sure how he fared in the VFL this year but in his few AFL chances I thought there was something there. Certainly seems to have at least some parallels with McInerney, in any case. I'd probably give another year to him.
Wouldn't you give McAndrew another year so he can be the back up ruck the year after?
Then you'd have Green as the third stringer....
Pretty sure he'd be on league minimum or thereabouts. Seemed to be able to be a half decent tap ruck and made a few tackles in his one or two games last year. Surely has improved since with age and games.

Mitchell had a good year in the VFL.

He’s one of those players I class as “solid”, in that he’s ok at everything - but doesn’t appear to have any real standout attributes.

I don’t see him as having parallels with McI. Instead, he reminds me more of Nic Newman.

I hope he gets extended.

I’m not sure what others (the club included) see in Kirk. To me, he wasn’t among our top 10 in the VFL.

How would anyone know when we don't know what players get paid?

Maybe it can help us make a huge offer for Warner this summer.
Wouldn't matter for Warner as Warner comes out of contract in 12 months the same time Parker does. Therefore unless we bring someone in it would be getting Money off the books to pay for an extension kicking in would be the thought process

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn't matter for Warner as Warner comes out of contract in 12 months the same time Parker does. Therefore unless we bring someone in it would be getting Money off the books to pay for an extension kicking in would be the thought process
You don't have to wait until players fall out of contract to offer them a new deal.

Well let’s say Parker is on 700k. Even if 500k is used on topping up extensions , that leaves 200k extra in the Warner kitty

You don't have to wait until players fall out of contract to offer them a new deal.
Yes but can you change the value of the original contract? Take the Warner example, can you change the money they give him for the 2025 season if he was to sign an extension or can an extension only be added onto the original contract

Do we need some math or business wiz in our recruiting department - ah lah the film Moneyball?
Shouldn't prove too hard to outsmart this lot...
1728280562931.png

As much as we reflect on the debacle that was Saturday, many here are looking at the prospect of what would/could happen next time we are in a GF.
My problem with that is that I believe it will be many years before we are again in a GF.
It seems that the list management team are going to go down the same path as they did after the 2022 GF believing that the internal progression from the existing squad would/will be enough. No need for new additions to the squad other than the draft. 2023 proved how wrong that was.
Hawthorn will be a significantly better team next year as will Brisbane. Collingwood, Geelong and Fremantle will have improved their best 22 but it seems we're happy to stay with what we've got.
Some may argue that we can't bring in additional players due to salary cap restrictions but that problem doesn't seem to affect the forementioned clubs, particularly Geelong who seem to be able to bring in whoever they like, no matter the cost.

Yes but can you change the value of the original contract? Take the Warner example, can you change the money they give him for the 2025 season if he was to sign an extension or can an extension only be added onto the original contract

Yeah.

If Warner is on 500k next year, we can go in tomorrow and offer to change that to 1.5mil if we have the salary cap space to do so.

I imagine there would be contract renegotiations going on all the time across the league that we never hear about.

Levi Casboult heard there was a chance he could end up at Sydney playing in a GF for them and he thought, **** that!

A pick in the 30’s this year bare minimum otherwise a second next year

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Back