Votes: 2 2.9%
  • KPF/Mid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KPF/Defender

Votes: 19 27.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh well...

GOLD Coast has a preference to deal with Collingwood in a trade for its highly sought after pick No.13, potentially putting the Pies in the box seat to land Dan Houston from Port Adelaide.

Oh well...

GOLD Coast has a preference to deal with Collingwood in a trade for its highly sought after pick No.13, potentially putting the Pies in the box seat to land Dan Houston from Port Adelaide.

Wonder what Collingwood can offer considering they don't have a first rounder this year. I am guessing a Future First and likely a second rounder will be the end result.

Wonder what Collingwood can offer considering they don't have a first rounder this year. I am guessing a Future First and likely a second rounder will be the end result.

It so gross the way Gold Coast just bend over every year. Noble is worth about pick 50, but somehow Collingwood will get pick 13 out of them as part of that deal.

It so gross the way Gold Coast just bend over every year. Noble is worth about pick 50, but somehow Collingwood will get pick 13 out of them as part of that deal.

Forgot about Noble but you are correct that Gold Coast are terrible traders. They seem so shocked anyone wants to come to them that they instantly offer the world for said player.

For such terrible traders that get bent over .. they did pretty well last year to turn 1 1st round pick into 4 1st round academy players and 2 extra 1st round picks this year

As much as we reflect on the debacle that was Saturday, many here are looking at the prospect of what would/could happen next time we are in a GF.
My problem with that is that I believe it will be many years before we are again in a GF.
It seems that the list management team are going to go down the same path as they did after the 2022 GF believing that the internal progression from the existing squad would/will be enough. No need for new additions to the squad other than the draft. 2023 proved how wrong that was.
Hawthorn will be a significantly better team next year as will Brisbane. Collingwood, Geelong and Fremantle will have improved their best 22 but it seems we're happy to stay with what we've got.
Some may argue that we can't bring in additional players due to salary cap restrictions but that problem doesn't seem to affect the forementioned clubs, particularly Geelong who seem to be able to bring in whoever they like, no matter the cost.
I could see Hawks falling back some. They surely had an easy draw given their ladder position the previous year. They've relied on a lot of lower draft picks with energy and enthusiasm AFAIK....they'll get worn down.

I can see GC and North being improvers, maybe GC finally get into finals. Freo, Collingwood....not so sure. Sidebum and Pendles are truly old now for AFL they cannot keep relying on them. Freo...Maybe they'll improve a bit. How many years can Dangerfield (or whatever he is taking) defy time?

I see us or GWS as the most obvious to be flogged by Brissy next year in the GF. And GWS are losing a few starting players.
If we get an AFL standard mid extractor out of Sheldrick (which I think is his floor, not his ceiling), Adams playing half the games at least, it enables Heeney to be played forward more - and suddenly our forward line looks a lot more dangerous.

Reckon we should have given Stringer a heavily incentive based deal myself...

Two points:

1. We trade him for these two reasons:

i. Salary cap relief
ii. Respect to Luke

2. We will use pick 43 if we get that. We will even use a later pick if that is the case in pick swaps.

We should be thinking of one thing and it’s not a player wanting to go- it’s purely and simply getting the best deal moving forward. 43 is dead unders as it is that moves to 50 plus with all these bids. Should be able to get their second with a swap anyway alternatively two upgrades either this year or next. Be happy to upgrade our third to a second this year sending our third with Parker

Their f1 plus Noble would be about right. Maybe they give a second too. Think GC will want a pick this year and one next year that they can flip if need be on draft day. It’s why I mentioned our first plus our f1 but we probably need the f1 next year for bid reasons

We should be thinking of one thing and it’s not a player wanting to go- it’s purely and simply getting the best deal moving forward. 43 is dead unders as it is that moves to 50 plus with all these bids. Should be able to get their second with a swap anyway alternatively two upgrades either this year or next. Be happy to upgrade our third to a second this year sending our third with Parker
You forget that the bids have to have picks come from somewhere. Pick 43 will probably end up around pick 40 in the end with the probable 5 bids before it comes up to its live pick.

You forget that the bids have to have picks come from somewhere. Pick 43 will probably end up around pick 40 in the end with the probable 5 bids before it comes up to its live pick.

At best mate and that’s right on the edge of where there’s a big dip. Personally there’s a high level top two rounds but from the third it’s hail the Mary’s. If we are taking one in the third much rather focus on upgrading picks either this or next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There are players that are worth haggling and negotiating hard over. Parker at his age/salary and what he has done for the club is not one of them. Especially when he wants to go to North.

43 would be fine.

Last edited:
There are players that it is worth haggling and negotiating hard over. Parker at his age/salary and what he has done for the club is not one of them. Especially when he wants to go to North.

43 would be fine.
I thought a 3rd was about fair.. but then heard AFL media people saying it was closer to a 2nd..
I guess it comes down to needs. eg, if the Swans rate next years academy kids, then maybe a future pick etc etc etc

I thought a 3rd was about fair.. but then heard AFL media people saying it was closer to a 2nd..
I guess it comes down to needs. eg, if the Swans rate next years academy kids, then maybe a future pick etc etc etc
Probably is that picks 40+ become almost worthless next year.

Even if North don't improve much, after the ridiculous free agency comp picks come in, you are look at maybe 150 pts for a pick in the early 40s.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Back