• KPF/Small Forward

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • KPF/Mid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KPF/Defender

Votes: 19 27.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I never loved McVeigh , but it was because i thought he got gifted games early , no vendetta . AS for RWO , god help us , is it still going ?

Unsure. I haven't visited for a while. It was pretty good for a few years but the Rowbottom bashing was actually one reason I stopped going. Anyway, off topic.....

Might be spreading the money over 3 years.

He had a few good games this year i.e. Roos cameo, the Pies and Port (Prelim) games in particular.

Will be handy for them as a fwd/mid, but probably isn't going to get any quicker. Still, they probably don't care as much about the on field stuff (unlikely to be a contender), as long as he can crack in at stoppages, kick some goals and provide on/off field leadership.
Needs to do it for 20 odd games.
His body won’t deal with it by round 22

There are players that are worth haggling and negotiating hard over. Parker at his age/salary and what he has done for the club is not one of them. Especially when he wants to go to North.

43 would be fine.

Would only accept 43 last day surely we can show an ounce of a backbone and not take the first mediocre offer on the table

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would only accept 43 last day surely we can show an ounce of a backbone and not take the first mediocre offer on the table
Agreed. I would be trying to get as high in the draft for next year.
The thing we need to realise is the Parker pick could be part of a trade to move up this year.

Agreed. I would be trying to get as high in the draft for next year.
The thing we need to realise is the Parker pick could be part of a trade to move up this year.

Exactly a pick in the 30’s or some upgrades are reasonable

A Couple picks in the 20s and Academy kid or two..maybe a mature ager...they are putting the onus on the current group....double or nothing..?

Wouldn't you give McAndrew another year so he can be the back up ruck the year after?
Then you'd have Green as the third stringer....
Pretty sure he'd be on league minimum or thereabouts. Seemed to be able to be a half decent tap ruck and made a few tackles in his one or two games last year. Surely has improved since with age and games.
From my perspective it comes down to when we think Green will be ready to be a half-decent back up. IMO that could be as early as 2026, and by then it doesn't make sense to keep McAndrew around as a third string ruckman. If Green's development stalls, then I'd rather target someone who can be a more effective back-up and could possibly mature into Grundy's role.

As for McAndrew himself, I think he's an OK physical presence in the contest but even in the VFL he really doesn't get involved around the ground. He's also 24. I can't see him being anything better than a stopgap.
Mitchell had a good year in the VFL.

He’s one of those players I class as “solid”, in that he’s ok at everything - but doesn’t appear to have any real standout attributes.

I don’t see him as having parallels with McI. Instead, he reminds me more of Nic Newman.

I hope he gets extended.

I’m not sure what others (the club included) see in Kirk. To me, he wasn’t among our top 10 in the VFL.
Admittedly most of me thinking Mitchell was the next McInerney was probably more down to their draft and playing positions, as well as relative status as bolters. I don't really have a great vibe on how he plays which is a bit lazy admittedly. If he's good in the VFL then that's a tick in his favour, but not having a standout trait could hurt his upside.

Fair call re: Kirk. I'm mostly going on what others have said there.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Back